How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?

Hi,

  Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please

Programmer_P
4/24/2005 1:29:19 PM
asp.net.community-starter-kit 2049 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.
http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it using the MSI installer the project file is available in the installation directory.

There is also an option on the Windows Start Menu to load the source code.

HTH

Colin Munford

http://www.colin-munford.me.uk
0
mumfie2003

Commerce Starter Kit (VB VS) cannot open .SLN in VS.NET 2003
Hello. When it attempt to open the Commerce Starter Kit (VB VS) CommerceStarterKit .SLN in VS.NET 2003 on Win XP Pro SP2, IIS5.1 .NET Framework 1.1 and .NET Framework 2.0, ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0, I get the following errors which only have an OK button.  The help says to install the correct version of VB. It display the following screen for each of the error messages at the end of this post. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony---------------------------Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition---------------------------The application for projec...

Telligent Community Server Starter Kit versus Microsoft Community Starter Kit
This ASP.NET forum lists GoDaddy.com as supporting the Microsoft Community Starter Kit.  After going through the setup on GoDaddy.com, I realize that they installed Telligent's Community Server Starter Kit.  I have been browsing this forum, and have not gotten a good answer to several questions.  I get the drift that Telligent has taken over the active development of the CSK project and is further developing the Starter Kit?  Telligent's starter kits are open-source (sort-of), but the realities of development determine that a the Starter Kit have a financial backin...

Opening Commerce Starter Kit from VB.Net
Hi, I have downloaded the ASP.NET commerce starter kit. I want to run it from within the VB.net environment but when I try to open the project file (CommerceVBSDK.vbproj) I get the following error: "The project you are trying to open is a web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path" I'm new to .NET and I really want to be able to step through the code! Thanks Phoede I'm having the same problem. There is another thread in this forum that suggests creating a WebInfo file, but after doing that I still could not open the project. I'm wondering i...

open commerce starter kit with vs studio.net
I downloaded the Commerce Starter Kit (commerceCSVS) in C# version. It run fine in the front end. When i tried to open it from vs. studio.net, it would not let me do it. I have also tried to open it through Start>All program> ASP.Net starter kits> ASP.Net starter kits(commerceCSVS)> ASP.Net starter kits(commerceCSVS).sln by right this should open it for me to modify the code, but it give me the error "vs studio has detected the web server is not running asp.net version 1.1, the web application cannot be open... " something like this. I have done these. ...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Details on how to integrate Cute Editor for .NET with Community Starter Kit
Cute Editor for ASP.NET is the most powerful WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) browser-based Online HTML Editor for ASP.NET. Details: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx We've had a few requests recently for integrating Cute Editor with CommunityStarterKit. Here are the steps: 1. Download Cute Editor for .NET(CuteEditor_for_NET4.0.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 2. Download Cute Editor Wraper for CommunityStarterKit (CommunityStarterKit.CuteEditorWraper.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 3. Unzip the CuteEd...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

ANN: VB.NET Forums
Hello Fellow Programmers: Just an announcement the VB.NET Forums moved to the advanced vBulletin 3 software providing a feature rich and enjoyable forum experience. Stop by in your Internet surfing to help others, ask questions, and partake in our VB.NET only community. Visit us in addition to your trips to this great community. http://www.vbdotnetforums.comNeal...

Is there a personal site starter kit for VS.NET?
I downloaded the personal site starter kit from microsoft ASP.NET site, but it's .vsi file. I don't know how to open it. Is there such a starter kit as the community kit that can be installed and viewed in VS.NET? Thanks,   Hi LLZ00 Don't try to save the vsi file but when you are prompted just click open. It will then prompt you to accept the Agreement. Just click on "I accept" from the bottom of the agreement. It will start the installation right away. But you will still need atleast VS 2005 Express edition. So download that before you download the starter kits. Once that is...

Starter kits updated to work with Win2K3, VS.NET 03?
Hi, I downloaded the communities starter kit (VB VS), from this website and intalled it. When I first tried to use the application, it balked with a SQL Server error. As I had found with database access in other ASP.NET apps, the problem was that Win2K3 uses NETWORK SERVICE, where other OS versions use ASPNET. I added a new user to the DB to reflect this, and was able to get CSK to work. I was interested to see what the solution looked like in VS (I'm using VS.NET 03), and found the folder to open the project. When VS openned it, it said it needed to convert it to the later ver...

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

VB.NET Standard vs VS.NET Professional
Hello, I've been using the Trail Version of Visual Studio .NET Professional Edition 2003 and I now need to ask my Boss to buy the Full Version. I'm going to be developing ASP.NET Web Applications that are Data-driven with SQL Server 7.0 and 2000. I'm only going to need Visual Basic for coding my applications. My Question is what version of Visual Studio .NET should I buy??? Since I'm only going to be using Visual Basic should I buy Visual Basic .NET Standard 2003???? or stick with Visual Studio .NET Professional Edition 2003 (bearing in mind is about 10x more expensive). Obvio...

Web resources about - How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET? - asp.net.community-starter-kit

Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A community is a social unit of any size that shares common values . Although embodied or face-to-face communities are usually small, larger ...

Jake McKee - The Community Guy -
I’m Jake McKee, aka: The Community Guy. I am a partner at PwC , one of the world’s largest (and most awesome) auditing and consulting practices. ...

Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire
Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire

PATH community trying to move past Shoppers Drug Mart stabbing
There’s still a sense of unease for those working in the underground PATH system where Rosemarie Junor was fatally stabbed inside a Shoppers ...

Let the Internet built human community of shared future
Let the Internet built human community of shared future

New Head Of City Community Relations Commission Owes Thousands In Back Taxes
Court records show Derek Anderson owes more than $12,000 in personal income tax to the state. Read more.

Video Of The Week: Community Based Portfolio Management
My colleague Brittany Gorevic gave a talk at the Slush Conference a last month about how we use community to help our portfolio help each other. ...

Why Content Curation Is Important for Community Building
Content curation is a vital part of community building . Whether we consciously realize it or not, with every piece of content we share we are ...

Boko Haram victim shunned by community after having rapist's baby
Boko Haram has captured hundreds of girls, many of whom are stigmatized by their communities if they become pregnant by their rapists

Oscar Isaac on growing up in Miami: “I wasn’t part of the ‘Latino community.’”
... that in me. It was way more important to recognize myself as an individual than as a part of a group. I wasn’t part of the ‘Latino community.’ ...