Getting Started

Hi,

I've just downloaded the ASP community starter kit.
Can someone please quickly explain where the 'start' of it is?? This may sound like a stupid question, however I can't track down where the first page generating code is...
The default.aspx page only displays an error message if things have gone pear-shaped.
I'm sure that the answer is right in front of my nose... but I can't see it.
Thanks in advance.

DS
0
damiensawyer
7/26/2004 10:26:35 PM
asp.net.community-starter-kit 2049 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi DS,

The content of CSK is mainly stored in DB and dynamically load on the page,
you can take a look at this thread : view post 302859
Colt
0
Colt

getting started with community starter kit
Hi I have just installed the community starter kit and i am very lost in the ocean. Basically i am looking for the files involved in the registration form of the community, and i cant find any in the solution provided. Where shd i look for users_registrationform.ascx and corresponding aspx. I cud only see register.cs and registerform.cs and i am vey handicapped with this only. am also looking for a way to prevent the redirection to the homepage the mmt user clicks on "register" button.. but i am not aware how to modify this below to achieve my purpose : if (result >...

Telligent Community Server Starter Kit versus Microsoft Community Starter Kit
This ASP.NET forum lists GoDaddy.com as supporting the Microsoft Community Starter Kit.  After going through the setup on GoDaddy.com, I realize that they installed Telligent's Community Server Starter Kit.  I have been browsing this forum, and have not gotten a good answer to several questions.  I get the drift that Telligent has taken over the active development of the CSK project and is further developing the Starter Kit?  Telligent's starter kits are open-source (sort-of), but the realities of development determine that a the Starter Kit have a financial backin...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

How to get started with this starter kit
I' m a newbie n really do not know how to proceed. Is there any documents r tutorials related to this kit other than the book, so that I can quick start now untill I purchase the book. I have downloaded the .zip file and opened it in Visual Studio 2008 with the version selector. The problem is one of the file called TBH_Deploy.wdproj could not be opened as it is not supported in this version. How to get rid of this error. Could anyone please help me out.   Thanks in advance Priya You need Web Deployment Projects for Visual Studio 2008 for that project to compile. Download and...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

community starter Kit start page
i have downloaded community starter Kit and installed it, i can surf it and view the pages but the problem is that i have confused with the its pages. for exmple , when i load the first page http://localhost/CommunityStarterKit/default.aspx i see something and when i open it in Visual Studio.NET i see something else, is there anybody tell me , where the contents of the first page come form? would you please help me . Thank you The pages are dynamically created at runtime. The following post gives some of the details http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&Post...

Getting Ready for the Community Advanced Starter Kit Beta…
The latest version of the Community Advanced Starter Kit will be released in the next couple of days.  The Alpha release contained many new changes starting with a complete port of the CSK from .NET 1.1 to 2.0 and including the foundations for further development of the CASK such as the Membership and Profile functionality of .NET 2.0.  The Beta version of the CASK takes this to the next level and includes some new changes to the Community Framework with features which begin to put the ‘Advanced' into the Community Advanced Starter Kit!Of course this is just the beginning...

Details on how to integrate Cute Editor for .NET with Community Starter Kit
Cute Editor for ASP.NET is the most powerful WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) browser-based Online HTML Editor for ASP.NET. Details: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx We've had a few requests recently for integrating Cute Editor with CommunityStarterKit. Here are the steps: 1. Download Cute Editor for .NET(CuteEditor_for_NET4.0.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 2. Download Cute Editor Wraper for CommunityStarterKit (CommunityStarterKit.CuteEditorWraper.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 3. Unzip the CuteEd...

Community Starter Kit (CSK), arc theme, content frame gets too wide
subject: Community Starter Kit (CSK), arc theme, content frame gets too wide Hi, I wonder if anyone could advise how to limit the wide of my CSK content main frame. Check out http://www.sheffieldtriclub.com/community and you can see what I mean. I've modified the arc theme in terms of colours but in use the theme doesn't constrain the width of main content. It causing me some left-right windows scrolling headaches. I am guessing it is because of the number of topics from the topic nav bar (but may be wrong with this guess). Any pointers on how I can further modify the theme to stop exces...

How does Community Starter Kit compare with Community Server
in terms of features, performance, scalability etc ?Has anyone used both ? I have extensively evaluated Community Server 2.1 and even use it for blogging. It works great ! I am wondering how this starter kit compares... mycodetrip.com haathi: in terms of features, performance, scalability etc ?Has anyone used both ? I have extensively evaluated Community Server 2.1 and even use it for blogging. It works great ! I am wondering how this starter kit compares... You want the long or the short version? LOLKind regards,Gift Peddie check this: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1406935.asp...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

Building new Community website base on Community Commerce Starter Kit

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

how do i start the starters kit??
just downloaded the starterskit and unzipped it. i could instal it but how do i open it now? cuz i can't find anything but the link to install it does it work in VWD or on the internet through paypal? i don't know anymore and also i registered at the paypal thing but i can't enter the site, i resetted my pasword like 3 or 4 times now but still it doesn't work???? Hi Postergirl,Are you using the .NET 2.0 version? If so take a look at the forums at http://forums.commercestarterkit.org/and for a limited tine new forum members can get their CSK installed and hosted for an amazing $30 for 12 ...

how to get start with .NET

Web resources about - Getting Started - asp.net.community-starter-kit

Protest Over Chicago Teen's Shooting Set for Retail District
Protest over Chicago teen's shooting by police officer set for city's famed shopping district

Raspberry Pi Zero: computing in smaller size, smaller price
Although development boards, like Beagle Board and Arduino, have been in existence far longer than it, the Raspberry Pi ushered in a revolution ...

Turkey's president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
Firstpost Turkey's president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed The Seattle Times President Vladimir Putin of Russia and his Turkish counterpart, ...

Parishioners offer to adopt baby left in manger
WRTV Indianapolis Parishioners offer to adopt baby left in manger WRTV Indianapolis NEW YORK Several members of a church in Queens, New York, ...

Serge Kovaleski, ‘New York Times’ Reporter With Arthrogryposis: ‘Donald And I Were On A First-Name Basis ...
Serge Kovaleski, the New York Times reporter who stated that he could not remember “anyone saying there were thousands, or even hundreds, of ...

Rebel Wilson Wishes Her Fans a Happy Pre-Thanksgiving!
Rebel Wilson is all smiles as she makes her way through Heathrow Airport on Wednesday (November 25) in London, England. The Pitch Perfect 2 ...

Smart home saviour: Man saves house from Australian bushfires with an app
As bushfires raged through South Australia, a man watched the flames approach his farm while he was 3,000km away, but not entirely helpless to ...

France to mourn Paris attack dead
France on Friday will mourn the 130 people killed in the November 13 Paris attacks, with President Francois Hollande leading a solemn ceremony ...

Pope presses case for adequate, dignified housing in Nairobi
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Pope Francis visited a slum on Nairobi's northwestern edge Friday to press his call for adequate and dignified housing ...

LG’s new $8.7 billion OLED plant may be anticipating new iPhones
After showing off a range of OLED TVs at this year's CES, LG reaffirmed its commitment to OLED technology again today — LG Display will spend ...