community starter Kit start page

i have downloaded community starter Kit and installed it, i can surf it and view the pages but the problem is that i have confused with the its pages. for exmple , when i load the first page

http://localhost/CommunityStarterKit/default.aspx i see something and when i open it in Visual Studio.NET i see something else, is there anybody tell me , where the contents of the first page come form? would you please help me .
Thank you
0
nooshin
3/14/2005 11:33:23 AM
asp.net.community-starter-kit 2049 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The pages are dynamically created at runtime.

The following post gives some of the details
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=274502
Colin Munford

http://www.colin-munford.me.uk
0
mumfie2003

Telligent Community Server Starter Kit versus Microsoft Community Starter Kit
This ASP.NET forum lists GoDaddy.com as supporting the Microsoft Community Starter Kit.  After going through the setup on GoDaddy.com, I realize that they installed Telligent's Community Server Starter Kit.  I have been browsing this forum, and have not gotten a good answer to several questions.  I get the drift that Telligent has taken over the active development of the CSK project and is further developing the Starter Kit?  Telligent's starter kits are open-source (sort-of), but the realities of development determine that a the Starter Kit have a financial backin...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

How does Community Starter Kit compare with Community Server
in terms of features, performance, scalability etc ?Has anyone used both ? I have extensively evaluated Community Server 2.1 and even use it for blogging. It works great ! I am wondering how this starter kit compares... mycodetrip.com haathi: in terms of features, performance, scalability etc ?Has anyone used both ? I have extensively evaluated Community Server 2.1 and even use it for blogging. It works great ! I am wondering how this starter kit compares... You want the long or the short version? LOLKind regards,Gift Peddie check this: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1406935.asp...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

getting started with community starter kit
Hi I have just installed the community starter kit and i am very lost in the ocean. Basically i am looking for the files involved in the registration form of the community, and i cant find any in the solution provided. Where shd i look for users_registrationform.ascx and corresponding aspx. I cud only see register.cs and registerform.cs and i am vey handicapped with this only. am also looking for a way to prevent the redirection to the homepage the mmt user clicks on "register" button.. but i am not aware how to modify this below to achieve my purpose : if (result >...

Community Starter Kit
I've been programming for years with other products, but trying to learn ASP.NET and have missed something crutial. When the Community Starter Kit default loads - it loads the website if it's been installed properly, but I dont' see on the default page where it's loading the page unless it's in the Redirect code. Is that it? Having trouble following the structure of the Kit. Can someone give me just a brief idea of the path of the code at the beginning of the site? andrea'...

Building new Community website base on Community Commerce Starter Kit

Community Starter Kit
I'm trying to use this kit as a basis for developing an internal community for the corporation I work for. My network techs tell me that if it requires that I develop and place .dll files onto the server, then i cannot use it because .dll could potentially cause over 900 web sites to crash. When creating the Community Starter Kit, will I be putting .dll files onto the web server? Jim Hi, You host 900 web sites on one machine? That's a lot. You can tell your techs that an ASP.NET site precompiled as a dll is exactly as dangerous (or as harmless) as one that is not precompiled...

Community starter kit
I'm trying to find where the source code is after installing the COMMUNITY STARTER KIT on my acct at "europe.webmatrixhosting.net".I logged on into it using FTP is..but i can;t even find where the first "default.aspx" page is.. If u know pls let me know.. thanks You can find it in C:\Program Files\ASP.NET Starter Kits\ASP.NET Community Starter Kit (CSVS)\CommunityStarterKit Wim NO, you can't find the source code at europe.webmatrixhosting.net. You will only find the .ascx, .aspx, webconfig and .asax files only. Come to download GotCommunityNet (GCN) Go...

About the Community Starter Kit
I've try to read through the Community Starter Kit (SDK Version) but still not really understand how the dynamic generate of aspx page and directory..... did any ppl have any good URL have more information about it?! actually, I've try to read most of the *.CS but all of them seems to be chained together, I really don't have any idea where to start... beside the Dynamic generate of Directory and the ASPX file, I also want to know more about the code for insert photo into the SQL Database and the rich-text version input box.... could any ppl help me?... ThanksPlease Visit My Si...

Details on how to integrate Cute Editor for .NET with Community Starter Kit
Cute Editor for ASP.NET is the most powerful WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) browser-based Online HTML Editor for ASP.NET. Details: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx We've had a few requests recently for integrating Cute Editor with CommunityStarterKit. Here are the steps: 1. Download Cute Editor for .NET(CuteEditor_for_NET4.0.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 2. Download Cute Editor Wraper for CommunityStarterKit (CommunityStarterKit.CuteEditorWraper.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 3. Unzip the CuteEd...

TimeTracker Starter Kit as a subweb under the Personal Starter Kit
I am wanting to make the TimeTracker started kit as a subweb under the Personal Started Kit.  Is there any special way to do this or anything I should be worried about?  I am new to this and trying to develop a web application based off of these kits. ThanksChuck...

Starter Kits and Community Projects
 Hi Guys,                 I am wondering if I can use starter kits for my own developments?  is there any copyright issues?  Can I customize any starter kit and use it?  Thanks In advance...  Read the license: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdmsw/is_200303/ai_ziff38848 JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Hi, You can get answer from license from your St...

Web resources about - community starter Kit start page - asp.net.community-starter-kit

Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A community is a social unit of any size that shares common values . Although embodied or face-to-face communities are usually small, larger ...

Jake McKee - The Community Guy -
I’m Jake McKee, aka: The Community Guy. I am a partner at PwC , one of the world’s largest (and most awesome) auditing and consulting practices. ...

Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire
Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire

Community rallies around Abbie Mewburn's grieving family after vandal attack
The community has rallied around the family of a Holy Family Primary School student whose memorial was vandalised.

Goulburn skydiving accident: Canberra's sporting community rallies behind Elijah Arranz
Hundreds of Canberrans have raised more than $15,000 for Elijah Arranz.

Community leaders calling for calm ahead of Laquan McDonald video release
Leaders in Chicago&#39;s African American community are calling for calm ahead of what could be a contentious week.

Engaging Your Community’s Largest Companies And Their Executives With A Twitter List
Twitter is a powerful business development tool when used strategically and effectively. Twitter lists are a powerful way to do so.

For Thanksgiving, Ravens are in the community to help the needy
Baltimore Beatdown For Thanksgiving, Ravens are in the community to help the needy Baltimore Beatdown On Friday (11/13), Ravens WR/RS Michael ...

Is TPP Already Emboldening Outrageous Corporate Behavior And Encouraging Them To Trample On Accepted ...
... up late following the news in disbelief and I am so sorry to anyone who has been affected by these horrible attacks. The international community ...

National Community Solar Partnership: 68 Cities, States, & Businesses To Expand Solar Access
... this clean energy source, the Obama administration rolled out a national solar initiative this past July, and one of [&hellip National Community ...