XML - From code behind to client side

I have a need to manipulate an xml file within my code behind pages and after doing that to pass it across so that I can use some javascript routines on it. It should work like this:

1. Web page receives a request which contains an xml file.
2. xml file is extracted and validated/checked in the code behind.
3. xml file then needs to be manipulated using javascript.
I know that all that we need can be done using code behind but I need to create a javascript file that can be used by the sender of the xml to perform some functions before it gets posted.
Has anyone got any ideas on how I can achieve this?
Thanks
Andy
0
ajsUK