Working with Office on client side

 I want to create a program which allows user to create form letter templates with bookmarks, store them and generate them whenever they want using ASP.NET.

As server doesn't have MS office installed on it. It has become difficult for me to design something like this. Does anybody have idea how can i implement this from client side using ASP.NET?

0
rsurya

Hi rsurya

I have read the thread carefully; however, I am not sure I have understood the facing needs correctly. Based on my understanding, you would like to make the Microsoft Office working Integrating with ASP.NET right?

If so, I would like to suggest you try to check the following article, which talks about this topic:

Integrating Excel and Word with ASP.NET 2.0 Web Sites

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa701256(office.11).aspx

If I’ve misunderstood the facing issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

Lance Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Lance
9/22/2008 3:41:48 AM

 Thanks Lance... That is correct soltuion. I read about it but we are not using VSTO in our development (which is main problem).. so i need some other way to implement that.

We don't use office on server so i was thinking is there a way we can implement this at client side.

0
rsurya

Client-side validation works, but server-side does not.
Hey all,I have got this text box control on my webform, which has two validators.. 1. RegularExpressionValidator and 2. CustomValidator.Now, RegularExpressionValidator control works if I enable client-script. But somehow it does not work for server-side validation. Any idea why this is happening? This happens to another textbox control on other web form as well which has similar coding. So, to enable the validation at present I can only do client-side validation I guess.  1 <TD> 2 <anthem:TextBox id="txtDatePlannedSurgery" CssClass="aspText" Runat="server" AutoCal...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

What is Client Side and Server Side?
I am New of ASP.Net What we can and should do client side and Server Side? What uses? Please any one clear my doubt. Thanking YouEndendrum Priyamudan P m R Clientside is basically what a person can see and serverside is where actions get processed. that's kinda simply puyt but thats the deal, you code serverside, and the html and javascript it generates let's the users for example click a button, then serverside you have coded what should happen when a button gets clicked for example turn text red. Then the server sends a new page with red text to the client (clientside...

Client side and server side
We have a application, where we have some validation on the clientside using EnableClientSideValidation. If you don't have fullscreen you can't see some of the error-messages. What we want is to jump to the place on the page where the message is displayed. One problem is that the button is a serverbutton (runat="server"). How can we accomplish this on the clientside using the same button. I have tried to use "onClientClick" and a link something like this:   <A HREF=http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=18#form>form<...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

Server-side or Client-side
In general, I'm wondering if there are any criteria to use when choosing between using a client side element or a server side element. For example, if I'm going to put an HTML table on a page, how do I decide whether or not to use a server control?  Should the server side always be chosen or if there is not explicit server side functionality required is it better to opt for a "normal" client side table? Obviously, if there is a need for server side control the question is answered, I'm looking more at more ambiguous situations. Thanks  This is from Micros...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

client-side and server-side?
hi, can someone tells me how diff is client side and server side are these two? When I tried to do validation ... I would use Javascript ... which has something like: document.forms[0] ... I think that's client side. My understanding on server side is the "form" ... like u will have <form action=".." method=post> ..... </form> ... so it will send to server ... am I on the right track? Are there any other type of server side examples? Hi, ASP.NET itself is server side. Every piece of code processed is done on a server. What comes out of this is sent ...

how two developer can work on a same project (one on client side and other on admin side)
how to two developer work on a same project (one on client side and other on admin side).I don't wan't to use team server.We have to work on vs 2003.Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U...

Web resources about - Working with Office on client side - asp.net.client-side

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Working class (or lower class , labouring class, sometimes proletariat ) is a term used in the social sciences and in ordinary conversation to ...

Women Loved Working at Playboy
... , former editor: Whatever hostility was directed at Hefner, bunny ears and tails and all of that stuff, had absolutely zero impact on working ...

Apple’s still working on a streaming TV package, according to ESPN
... TV, calling it a significantly avantageous operating system and a great television experience. Skipper stopped short of saying ESPN was working ...

2016 Google Tracker: Everything Google is working on for the new year
Android N, a big VR program, Google Glass, and lots more are in store for Alphabet.

Someone built an adorable, working V8 engine out of paper
Filed under: Etc. , Videos The pistons and crankshaft work, and when plugged into a "fuel" supply, it makes the most delightful and angry sound. ...

Apple employees reveal the 19 best things about working for the world's most valuable company
... few Quora posts written by former employees, it sounds like Apple treats its employees extremely well. Here's a look at why people love working ...

Caitlyn Jenner is working with Buzz Bissinger on an all-encompassing memoir
... misstatements, and more confusion about what she’s really trying to talk about. And now this: the New York Times reports that Caitlyn is working ...

Dept. Of Education Working On Rules For Defense Of Repayment Law After Influx Of Claims
... for discharges, the Wall Street Journal reports. Ted Mitchell, undersecretary for the Department, says that officials are still working to ...

James Purefoy On Relating To His ‘Hap And Leonard’ Role; Working With Christina Hendricks – Sundance ...
“As soon as I read it, I recognized that guy,” exclaimed James Purefoy about his role as a blue collar East Texas man whose luck could turn for ...

Obsidian lead designer is up for working on another Fallout game
... in doing it all over again. When asked on Twitter, Eric Fenstermaker, lead designer at Obsidian, responded, "I'm always up for working on a ...