Weird stylesheet when calling a pop-up window from a server side button rather than a client side one.

I need to create a pop-up window from a server side button rather than a client side one.

This is because I need to do some validation, save some records and then create the pop-up window only if the user is allowed access.

I call the new form using the Response.Write command below.

Response.Write("<Script Language=JavaScript>window.open('NewPage.aspx','newpage','');</script>")

A problem occurs when the pop-up form is created, as the parent form's fonts are all changedas they increase in size.  (The Pop-up form's fonts are ok)

I have tested this with just a button and label on the parent & pop-up forms and each time the pop-up is created, the parent form is refreshed and the font on all the parent form controls gets changed to a larger font.

It seems to be ignoring the style sheet fonts.

Has anyone seen this before and know of a way to resolve it?

0
aaronsm

check this link for an explanation

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1262387.aspx

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige

Conditional Client Side and Server Side call same button
I have a submit button on a form that I want to first do the validation and if valid call a client side javascript function and then run through its click event handler currently I have this set up by adding this line in the Page_Loadmybutton.Attributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:ShowRunningDialog(this);");But if the page is not valid I don't want to call this client side function. As it is now the 'ShowRunningDialog' is obviously going to be called no matter what     if (Page.IsValid) mybutton.Attributes.Add("onclick", &qu...

Calling server side sub from client side button click
Hi, I have some javascript in my asp.net page, and a function within that, which is run when the client side form is submitted. What I need is for that function to run, which updates a server side variable, then following that a server side sub should run, using that (newly updated) variable. I have currently set it up with the  onsubmit= tag of the client side form running the first (JavaScript) function, and then the submit button at the bottom of the client side form calling the server side sub with its onClick property. The (probably quite daft!) thinking behind that was that the on...

Call server-side page function from client-side button click
I have an existing ASP application that I am migrating to ASP.net. In the ASP app I was using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP on a the client-side of a ASP page to retrieve data from another asp page using the Microsoft.XMLDOM object. The client page passes 3 tags columns, table and Criteria. The receiving page builds the SQL statement executes the query and returns the row with all the column data. I am trying to convert it over to ASP.NET and I am getting errors on the xmlDOM.Load(Request.InputStream) on DLookup.aspx, the code is listed below. Someone suggested to use System.Net HTTP classes su...

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

How to call server side function on client side
Hi,   How to call server side function on client side? here i want to call change() function on textbox onchange event.   <script language="javascript">    function serverfunction()    {    }    </script><input id="Text1" onchange="javascript:serverfunction();"  type="text" /> code behind:  public void change()    {        Response.Write("hello");    } <script type=&quo...

Call Server Side methods from Client Side
Hi, How to call Server Side methods from ClientSide with results back. Earlier we were using Anthem approach but now want to use some thing with AJAX. Thanks in Advance.  RegardsSreenivas. you can use the page methods of the ClientScript  control ,please read  : http://aspalliance.com/1294_CodeSnip_Handle_Browser_Close_Event_on_the_ServerSide Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE...

Windows / Linux
> Also, any other features that > people might like to see would be good to know before I get into the > hardcore UI stuff - Steve mentioned a few things such as perhaps a program > API, or messaging API to allow programs to interact/control Spambo, so any > other options people might like would be welcome! > > Well, back to work ... > > > -Mark > http://www.analogx.com/ > Is there any plans to make this open source? I assume this going to be a single OS app (i.e. Windows OR Linux, but not both). Being able to take the operational heart of ...

Call server side method from client side...
I'm using Jquery to call a modal popup dialog and depend on what user select i nead to call a method to populate my generic list can that be don or is no posible way to do that...     Sorry for my bad english...Florim Maxhuni  If you need to call the server from the clientside, you need to look into Ajax Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn...

Calling server-side code from client-side
Hi,  I´m implementing some shortcut functionality in my web forms and wanna know where i can find something that explains, for example, how to call the handler event "onclick" of a button. I´m using this library to add shortcuts to my controls: http://www.openjs.com/scripts/events/keyboard_shortcuts/   And I want to "link" some key combination for the event handlers of the controls. Does anybody knows?  Thanks. You could attach an AJAX event to the Javascript shortcut event handler so, for example, the shortcut function will trigger a button cl...

Calling a client side function from the server side

Calling server side scripts from client side
Hello, Can Anyone help out from the following : It is regarding calling server side scripts from client side events. I am able to instantiate a jaguar component in the server side script written in the body of the HTML page as follows : <% var mycomp = java.CreateComponent ("pkg_dispatch/n_jaguar", "iiop://jaguar:9000", "Jagadmin", "" ); if (mycomp == null) { document.writeln("ERROR: failed to instantiate !"); return; } %> I want to use the instance of the jaguar component else wher...

client-side and server-side?
hi, can someone tells me how diff is client side and server side are these two? When I tried to do validation ... I would use Javascript ... which has something like: document.forms[0] ... I think that's client side. My understanding on server side is the "form" ... like u will have <form action=".." method=post> ..... </form> ... so it will send to server ... am I on the right track? Are there any other type of server side examples? Hi, ASP.NET itself is server side. Every piece of code processed is done on a server. What comes out of this is sent ...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

Web resources about - Weird stylesheet when calling a pop-up window from a server side button rather than a client side one. - asp.net.client-side

LESS (stylesheet language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1.3.3 (December 30, 2012 ; 2 months ago ( 2012-12-30 ) ) LESS is open-source . Its first version was written in Ruby , however in the later versions, ...

Using Chrome's "Inspect Element" for Reddit Stylesheet editing - YouTube
This is an updated tutorial showing how to use the built-in "Inspect Element" feature in Google Chrome to aid in the creating and editing of ...

Introducing Closure Stylesheets
... principle that is exhibited in good software engineering. For example, if there is a color that should be used for multiple classes in a stylesheet, ...

Different Stylesheets for Differently Sized Browser Windows - CSS-Tricks
Otherwise known as "resolution dependent layouts". Single website, different CSS files for rearranging a website to take advantage of the size ...

CSS Stylesheet Browser
One of my favorite tools, John Carpenter's exceptionally useful and cool finally has a permanent home of its own. Also, today my Google toolbar ...

compass/frameworks/compass/stylesheets/_compass.scss at stable · chriseppstein/compass · GitHub
compass - Compass is a Stylesheet Authoring Environment that makes your website design simpler to implement and easier to maintain.

Conditional Stylesheets vs CSS Hacks? Answer: Neither!
…or… ’s conditional classes From what I’ve seen a good number of developers these days are split between conditional …

Google: One URL With Special Stylesheet Is Easy Mobile SEO
I love SEO topics where there is no solid firm answer and one of those areas is mobile SEO. Google has no clear guidelines on how you should ...

Bear CSS creates the perfect stylesheet template based on your HTML
... of time, many devs start working off of their own templates as a starting point. In the end, there’s often no need to write out your stylesheet ...

Stylesheet Download Tests ➟
Scott Jehl:The point of this page is to test whether today's browsers will download stylesheets that are referenced with media queries that would ...