Throw Alert Msg Box from Server side Button Click

Hi,

    I have a DropDownList control, a button control and a Grid Control on my page. I select a product from the ddl and click the button upon which that product gets added to the Grid. What I'm trying to do is check if the user is trying to add duplicate items from the ddl to the grid. I'm successful in doin that too. What I was wondering was about throwing an Alertbox with a message when the user tries to add a product that is already in the grid. I'm aware of button1.Attributes.Add(), but in my case

1. I need to check a condition on the button click which I doing on the server side.

2. If Condition fails do not add the item to the grid and throw an alert box specifing the reason that user can't add duplicate items .

I have a very vague idea about accomplishing this. Any help on this wud be really great.

Thanks

Shravan Addaypally MCP

0
shravan79

I take it you're posting back, checking the product to make sure it's not a duplicate and adding it if it isn't.  After you check to see if it's a duplicate, add a branch.  If it's not, add it.  If it is, use RegisterStartupScript to add some client-side javascript to pop the alert that they tried to add a duplicate.  Google around for it.  It sounds like what you need.

0
PDraigh

Calling server side sub from client side button click
Hi, I have some javascript in my asp.net page, and a function within that, which is run when the client side form is submitted. What I need is for that function to run, which updates a server side variable, then following that a server side sub should run, using that (newly updated) variable. I have currently set it up with the  onsubmit= tag of the client side form running the first (JavaScript) function, and then the submit button at the bottom of the client side form calling the server side sub with its onClick property. The (probably quite daft!) thinking behind that was that the on...

Call server-side page function from client-side button click
I have an existing ASP application that I am migrating to ASP.net. In the ASP app I was using the Microsoft.XMLHTTP on a the client-side of a ASP page to retrieve data from another asp page using the Microsoft.XMLDOM object. The client page passes 3 tags columns, table and Criteria. The receiving page builds the SQL statement executes the query and returns the row with all the column data. I am trying to convert it over to ASP.NET and I am getting errors on the xmlDOM.Load(Request.InputStream) on DLookup.aspx, the code is listed below. Someone suggested to use System.Net HTTP classes su...

How to access Client Side control in server side button click event?

executing server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button
how to execute server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button in asp.net. You can't. When clicking a button: the client-side executes, the page does a PostBack, then the server-side executes.NC... what if i want to update a database and then open a new windows is it possible with Jscript.net?...

Storing the checked Htmlimputcheckbox values on client side and passing to server side on submit button clicked
Hi All  I've got these bunch of HtmlInputcheckboxes that i'm creating dynamically using div.innerhtml on server side and putting it in a <TD> block, calculate averages etc. Things are working fine until this point. Now i need to get all the checked checkboxes and their values(which are dates in my case) and pass these values back to server side for processing on the submit button click. But i'm using a pagefooter submit button to fire my submit button so i cannot directly pass these values to my submit button onclick method. I tried to use the findcontrol method ...

Calling server side function from client side alert
Hi, I am developing an ASP.Net application in which I am giving client side alert to the user with OK and Cancel buttons. Can I call a server side function from the click of this button? For e.g. I have to give user alert "Do you want to save record" with Yes/No button. On Yes button click it should go to the server and save the record. Can I call some server side function from the Yes button click? Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ashish I would create a button control, say Button1. set Button1.visible=False then, ...

Conditional Client Side and Server Side call same button
I have a submit button on a form that I want to first do the validation and if valid call a client side javascript function and then run through its click event handler currently I have this set up by adding this line in the Page_Loadmybutton.Attributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:ShowRunningDialog(this);");But if the page is not valid I don't want to call this client side function. As it is now the 'ShowRunningDialog' is obviously going to be called no matter what     if (Page.IsValid) mybutton.Attributes.Add("onclick", &qu...

can clear server side text box value from client side.?
Hi, function Disab() {    if(document.all.chkSPTariff.checked)     {        document.all.txtVFX.disabled=false document.all.txtVHSFO.disabled=false    }  else  {     document.all.txtVFX.disabled=true document.all.txtVFX.value=""               }   This is how i am clearing  the  text for <asp:TextBox>. Ofter i submit, i wonder to see the old value from serverside , like txtTemp.Text is h...

Client Side HTML Radio Buttons not Posting with Server Side Form
I have a server side form that is posting when an HTML client side button is clicked.  However, the value of my html client side radio button is null when I call Request.Form("htmlradiobuttonlist") on the resulting page.  Does anyone know why the form won't the post the value?  Please help!  Thanks in advance.I'm still using dot net 1.1.  I can use server side buttons or server side radio buttons.  I can explain why if necessary.Below, you can see the HTML radio buttons in the datalist.  The JS function works, but is omitted from below.<form id="form1" a...

what client-side and server-side events are fired when button X is hit?
Folks,In a web aspx page, I use a client-side (javascript) button named "Cancel" so when users hit it, if the data they enter is not saved yet, then this client-side button prompts users to save data before the page is closed. I code this client-side button with event "onclick" and thing like <input type=button ... onclick="btnCancelClick();" >   My question is if users hit the right top corner button X (next to the maximize and minimize buttons also on the top right corner of the aspx web window page), then what client-side (javascript) and serv...

Web resources about - Throw Alert Msg Box from Server side Button Click - asp.net.client-side

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server
Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server

Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to enter server market with 24-core CPUs
Qualcomm, which announced plans to begin developing ARM-based chips for servers in November 2014, has started delivering server-use CPU samples ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Facebook Open Sources Its 'Big Sur' AI Servers
The company hopes to accelerate innovation around deep learning by contributing the GPU-based system designs to the OCP.