Pop-up to a Pop-Up problem

Hello EveryOne,
I have a web Form. It will open a Pop-Up on a button Click. Code for this is,btnAddStaff.Attributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:ShowDialog('" + applicationPath +
"/Lookups/StaffDetails.aspx" + "', '" + UIConstants.WINSETTINGS_XL + "')");
 This POPUP has to open another POPUP, it is bound like this, on Button btnDOB Click(this opens calender)btnDOB.Attributes["onclick"] = "javascript:ShowDialog('" + applicationPath +
UIConstants.CALENDAR_LOOKUP_DIALOG + "?CurrentSelectedDate=" +
txtDOB.Text + "', '" + UIConstants.WINSETTINGS_CALENDAR + "', '" + txtDOB.ClientID + "')";
It is not opening, It casts an exception telling Object Expected.
But that is not the case, as from WebForm->Button btnDOB Click, opens the popup in expected manner, but from a popup -> Button btnDOB Click not opening Calenderplz help me

Warm Regards,
Shilpa pradeep
-1
shilpa
4/29/2009 1:42:21 PM
📁 asp.net.client-side
📃 24353 articles.
⭐ 2 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 3200 Views

Hello all,
Let me simplify what i wrote. I am facing problem in showing a pop up calender.
Scenario,
Form has a button1->opens a pop up popup1 using javascript's showdialog(). Popup1 has a button2. On click, should open a calender pop up. This pop up too i tried using Showdialog(), but calender is not coming.
 So can i open this calender pop up? Any one please help me.

Warm Regards,
Shilpa pradeep
-1
shilpa
4/29/2009 5:10:05 PM

Exactly what is UIConstants.CALENDAR_LOOKUP_DIALOG and UIConstants.WINSETTINGS_CALENDAR? Remember that we can't see your code nor tell what these things are doing.
I've opened many popups within popups before. I suspect that your problem has to do with file paths, include files, or some such.
NC...
-1
NC01
4/29/2009 5:27:25 PM

Hello NC01,
UIConstants.CALENDAR_LOOKUP_DIALOG = "/Lookups/Calendar.aspx"
this is File path, & UIConstants.WINSETTINGS_CALENDAR =
"dialogHeight: 256px; dialogWidth: 226px; center: Yes; resizable: No; status: No; scroll: No; help: No;";
 -> this specifies size of pop up dialog.
You mentioned that "I've opened many popups within popups before", how you achieved it? Did you use showdialog() methos of javascript for multi-level pop up? Please reply as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,
Shilpa pradeep
-1
shilpa
4/30/2009 3:56:29 AM

shilpa.gururao:

UIConstants.CALENDAR_LOOKUP_DIALOG = "/Lookups/Calendar.aspx"

this is File path, &

That is probably your problem as that specifies that the Calendar.aspx file is in a sub-folder named Lookups IN the SAME folder that the page that is using it is on.
shilpa.gururao:

You mentioned that "I've opened many popups within popups before", how you achieved it? Did you use showdialog() methos of javascript for multi-level pop up? Please reply as soon as possible.

I don't use window.showModalDialog to open popups because, until the recent release of Firefox anyways, that only works in Internet Explorer. I use window.open exclusively, but the URL to the page being opened has to be correct in any case.
Here's an easy example:
Add a property to the page:
protected string CalendarFileUrl
{
 get
 {
  object viewState = this.ViewState["CalendarFileUrl"];
  if ( viewState == null )
  {
   string qualifiedFilename = "Lookups/Calendar.aspx";
   // If the file is in a sub-folder named "SubFolder" which is located inside the application virtual, use this::
   // (file is at: "http://server-name/app-virtual/SubFolder/SomeFile.aspx")
   //string fileUrl = string.Format("{0}{1}/{2}",
   // this.Request.Url.GetLeftPart(UriPartial.Authority),
   // this.Request.ApplicationPath,
   // qualifiedFilename);
   // If the file is in a sub-folder named "SubFolder" which is located on the root of the web site, use this:
   // (file is at: "http://server-name/SubFolder/SomeFile.aspx")
   string fileUrl = string.Format("{0}/{1}",
       Page.Request.Url.GetLeftPart(UriPartial.Authority),
       qualifiedFilename);
   viewState = fileUrl;
  }
  return (string)viewState;
 }
}
then instead of UIConstants.CALENDAR_LOOKUP_DIALOG use CalendarFileUrl.
NC...
-1
NC01
4/30/2009 12:47:47 PM

Thanks for replying NC01
where this property to be coded? Where it should be assaigned? I am not very clear please clarify me.

Warm Regards,
Shilpa pradeep
-1
shilpa