onload javascript problem

I have the following code in a webform that keeps complaining about null object.  The same code runs in a html file without any problem.  Can anyone tell me what is going on?  Thanks!

<form runat="server" id="Form1" ...>
</form>
0
adeline_sci

It might be because the word "focus" has a capital F.  Try changing it to a lower case f.
Gordon Barrs

Technical Training Consultant

QA IT Training & Consulting

www.qa.com

0
gordonb

Problem accessing server side array values from javascript client side function
i faced the following problem ..i have an array that store the values of a resultset row under the server side coding.How do i retrieve them under my client side javascript function.I wrote the following coding under my client side function and it got an error.BSCStr is an array storing data from a resultset row which i did under the server side coding. From client side function: addr=addr + "&C" + i + "=" + <%=BSCStr[i]%>; First of all, you can't mix server-side and client-side code. The reason is that the protocol that is used to communicate betwee...

Problem accessing a server side declared array from the client side javascript function.
I have an array that store the values of a resultset row under the server side coding.How do i retrieve them under my client side javascript function.I wrote the following coding under my client side function and it got an error.BSCStr is an array storing data from a resultset row which i did under the server side coding. From client side javascript function: addr=addr + "&C" + i + "=" + <%=BSCStr[i]%>; Hi wingshya, Did you still need help with this thread? Jason ConwayMCP, MCTS, Certified SCRUM Masterasp.net blog...

Problem accessing server side array values from client side javascript function
i faced the following problem ..i have an array that store the values of a resultset row under the server side coding.How do i retrieve them under my client side javascript function.I wrote the following coding under my client side function and it got an error.BSCStr is an array storing data from a resultset row which i did under the server side coding. From client side function: addr=addr + "&C" + i + "=" + <%=BSCStr[i]%>;...

.Net varible into client side JavaScript
I'm need to get a variable from my web app and place its value in a JavaScript. I tried doing this with a Label but I get the HTML included. I don't think I can use the <%# %> from classic ASP? Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? tbone_stl wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. It's possible to pass a variable to a javascript function. I created a small coding snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http...

CustomValidation Client Side JavaScript Problem
I am struggling to figure out how to use a CustomValidator. Simple exercise - radiobuttonlist with the last choice "Other". If you pick other then you must fill in the textbox. Below is an example code that I have been working on. I have two radiobuttonlists and two textboxes. The first set of radiobuttonlist/textbox is for the customvalidator example. The second set does a server side validation. The server side works. I can't get the client side to work. Here is my code <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default4.aspx.cs...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

simple javascript / client-side problem
ok, this is pretty simple, but as i have VERY little skill in this area and am on a bit of deadline... any help is greatly appreciated! this form (NoteENTRY.ASPX) POSTS to another form (NoteADMIN.aspx) - and i use ASP.NET Request.Form("txtObject") to read the objects on this form to save to a database. simple. this works fine. i wanted to allow the same NoteADMIN.ASPX form to handle deleting, so i figured i could just have the DELETE button (which is a "SUBMIT" HTML button just like the "SAVE" button) write into a hidden textbox ("txtAction")...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

simple JavaScript client side copy to clipboard problem ...
Scenario:  I would like to put some text on an ASP.NET MVC page                 and give the end-user an easy way (simple JavaScript)                 to place that text of the clipboard so that the user                 can then paste it somewhere else, example into NotePad.Samples could include any of these:  --  an e-mail address (for pasti...

.net validators + client-side javascript validation, EnableEventValidation=false
Scenario: 1. I have a DropDownList, with 2 listitems in the .aspx. appenddatabound=true and it is tied to a datasource (via datasourceid), autopostback=false, onchange=checkIfAddNew(this) [this is the client side onchange event]The second option on this dropdown is "Add New", and the checkIfAddNew function pops up a new window and when it returns, it adds the newly created option to the dropdown. In order for this to happen without asp.net getting mad, EnableEventValidation has to be set to false in the Page directive. In addition to this dropdownlist, there is a RequiredFieldValidator...

I am using a client side javascript to open a new window and have a problem
I have a user control..On it i have the word 'open' as a link....calling my javascript to open another page.....This page then auto close with javascript...Problem is when you click on 'open' it brings up my page and another page about:blank.......how do you avoid this???? hello, u would like to check my article on the following address: Pop Up Window from inside ASP.NET best of luck.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Problem forcing an UpdatePanel to post from client-side code (javascript)...
Here’s what I’m trying to achieve. I have a rather complex web page that allows data entry. The page utilizes Atlas UpdatePanels for partial reposts. When the user clicks on certain buttons, the data is validated (server-side), and then the user is given the option to save or abandon the changes. To do this, I use RegisterJavaScript to insert a client-side call to a javascript function which calls a vbscript function to display a msgbox (we’re only using IE). The vbscript function returns the msgbox value back to the javascript function which then sets an ASP HiddenField. The next step is wh...

Perform JavaScript Client Side Confirmation from a VB.NET DataGrid
Hi, I when I delete an item from the database through a Datagrid I want to get a messagebox popingup to give me the choise to Confirm it...in case I clicked the wrong item....the way it works now it just deletes it....can any one help me with an Example I have no Idea how to do this...I found an article in C# but it didnt help me at all. here is my source code <asp:DataGrid ID="dgCustList" Runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyField="id" AlternatingItemStyle-BackColor="#F6F6F6" HeaderStyle-BackColor="#C4B58E" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="2" GridLines="Vertical" Width="100%"...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

Web resources about - onload javascript problem - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...