How to use window.dialogarguments properties to get the information passed in window.showmodaldialog in the code behind of the modal window page

How to use window.dialogarguments properties to get the information passed in window.showmodaldialog in the code behind of the modal window page

0
ashutosh1482

Hi ashutosh,

Here is an article that explains the use of the window.dialogArguments method. In the article is even an example that combines that property with the window.showModalDialog method.

The article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533723.aspx

Caution: You have to remember that those methods of the window class are case sensitive. window.showmodaldialog is not the same as window.showModalDialog !

Hope this helps!
Wim

deblendewim

how can I use window.opener but with window.showModalDialog instead of window.open
Hi, I tried the code bellow that I found in  :  4guysfromrolla site:the code displays a source page, whn I click on the Calendar <a href />  link  i get a calendar displayed on a target page. when I select a date, the calendar page closes and populates the textbox txtDate with the chosen date. Here is the code of the 2 pages and my question is down bellow:a source page called frmCalendar.aspx has this:<form name="frmCalendar">   <input name="txtDate" type="text" />   <a href=&q...

Modal window on Modal window
A while ago, I posted a problem that timers didn't seem to be working for me. I created a work around, and there were several responders that timers were working for them. Then I noticed that my login box was having an issue - after the "invalid login/password" message gets displayed, no fields got the focus. The login window is a Response! window, as it the message display window (inherited from common ancestors). When the login window opens the message window, the line after the call that caused the window to open gets executed. I found this to be odd... S...

window.modal vs window.open, which to use and how to use?
Hi, I am opening a child window through javascript with window.modal but the problem is when i click a button or link it opens another page with respect to that link, i want to open that page in same child window. when i used window.open the parameters like location scroll bar etc were made false but it had no effect on the child window, using window.modal is fine as far as these paremeters are concerned but the problem is same as i told you people earlier that it opens a third page. how to solve the problem thanx in advance I use modals a lot and they work well. Place <base...

prevent opening a new window in modal window using content page
Hi, I have a content page with a button and when I click it, I am trying to open a modal window using javascript:showmodaldialog (this is a normal aspx page, I mean not a content page). In the modal window. I have a asp button and when I click the button,I am trying to do some validation and the close the modal window. what is h appening is, when I  click the button my code is executing and after that a webpage is opening again and the cotents which are in modal window are displayed in the webpage. how to avoid this. <cotent>  <asp:button id="btn" text=&...

how to use window.dialog argument property in Code behind file of VB.NET
how to use window.dialog argument property in Code behind file of VB.NET Hi ashutosh Please look at the reply I posted in your thread here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1136542.aspx In that reply I refer to an article. Their they show an example of using the javascript function in code-behind. Well, in codebehind it's actually a bit different. there you can do something like this: Here is the code-behind of a button click which opens a window by calling the javascript function window.open.   Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handle...

How to pass value from a response window to a sheet window without hard coding window's name?
--------------61550542C801F20B8152B0BC Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I opened a response window from the sheet window, got value from the response window and now I need to put it into the sle of thesheet window. The response window is used by multiple sheet windows, so I can't hard code the sheet window's name. It should be a generic code. Below is the code which needs to be modified. string ls_value, ls_value_cd ls_value = dw_1.GetItemString(dw_1.getrow (),"frb_dept_nm") ls_value_cd = dw_1.GetItemString(dw_1.getr...

Calling parent window (using master page) button click event from an opened child window (not using master page)
I have a parent window that pops up a child window. In the child window, there is a server control LinkButton, with the following command at code-behind upon clicking:         Response.Write("<SCRIPT> javascript:window.opener.document.getElementById('<%=btnMas.ClientID%>').click(); </SCRIPT>");        Response.Write("<SCRIPT> javascript:window.close() </SCRIPT>");        Response.End(); What it would like to do are:1) Invoke the ...

Whan can i do? make "string" data type convert to "window" data type, and use a "window" name to get it ancestor "window name", thanks! i use pb5
Rich, With a string window name, you can open a window of that type if you need to. You could, of course, query that window object for any attributes. Another option is to use the LibraryExport function to export the definition of the window which is specified by the string. You can then parse the resulting file to get information on the ancestor object. HTH Sanjiv. "Rich" <windows_ce@netease.com> wrote in message news:2Xsr1WW0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

How do I change a windows 2000 machine to logon using Novell client before windows client?
Currently I have a few machines that login using the windows client before the novell client. How do i change them to log on to the netware client before the windows client. The machines are windows 2000 run netware client 4.83 sp2. Thanks Open your registry and go to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] Change this value to: "GinaDLL"="NWGINA.DLL" -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

automatic redirect to other page using window.open from client side when page is fully posted back
 hi,     i am experiencing  a problem in <asp:history runat="server"/> control.in order to maintain back and forward button concept i am using <asp:history control.it works fine but the problem is when i redirect to other page using response.redirect ("") i loss my all history points and when i click on back/forward button i am redirected to last full rendered page not to partially updated by ajax.second thing is i cant use server.transfer("") ,since it will not change URL. Third thing is i cant use scriptmanager .registerc...

Is there anyway to find out the title of a window from a passed window variable before the window is opened?
Is there a way to find out the title of a window from a window variable of unknown window type before the window is opened? I could get the string specifying the window type if I really need it. Thanks for your help in advance Never tried it, but I'd try getting the classdefinition, and going down the variablelist to find a title attribute. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:34:31 -0700, "gg" <iciNoMail@nomail.nil> wrote: >Is there a way to find out the title of a window from a window variable of ...

Setting title for window created using window.showModalDialog()
Hi, I notice that when I pop up a window using the window.showModalDialog() method, the title of the window gets appended with "-- Web Page Dialog". How can I avoid this? Thanks, Vasanth You can't. NC...  ...

How to know in the code behind if the window has been open from another window
 HiI want to know in the code behind (server side) if the page has been open from another window. In the client side I can check, in a javascript function, if the window.opener is null or not, but how can I know this in the code behind. Is it possible?Thanks,Luis Miguel   I think your best bet might be to use a HiddenField, and populate that HiddenField with the javascript window.opener value. For example: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %><!DOCTYPE html P...

Web resources about - How to use window.dialogarguments properties to get the information passed in window.showmodaldialog in the code behind of the modal window page - asp.net.client-side

Issues - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in chromium An open-source project to help move the web forward. Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Code Search New issue ...

Problem with IE11 and nested Modal Dialog after applying KB3008923
After applying windows update KB3008923, dialogArguments are 'undefined' when displaying over an existing modal. For example, if you load a page ...