how to identify the crlt+space+c using javascript

in my application i have logout button is there to close the window.but when the user closes the window with out using this button then i have to promt a messgae didnot singed out coreectly ..i have the code tat when user press alt+f4 or directly closing the window clicking on the X button of the window..using javascript.how can i identify user closes the butoon using ctrl+space+c to close the button
0
jagadeesh_sanapala

Pls go through the explanation given here:
http://www.arraystudio.com/as-workshop/disable-ctrl-n-and-other-ctrl-key-combinations-in-javascript.html

CSR
~ Please Mark as Answer if it solves your query ~
0
SATISD9X
1/29/2009 6:25:58 AM

This will fire whenever the browser closes a window regardless of how:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var g_isPostBack = false;

function windowOnBeforeUnload()
{
 if ( g_isPostBack == true )
  return; // Let the page unload

 if ( window.event )
  window.event.returnValue = 'You will lose any unsaved changes!'; // IE
 else
  return 'You will lose any unsaved changes!'; // FX
}

window.onbeforeunload = windowOnBeforeUnload
// -->
</script>

In the CodeBehind:
{
 RegisterOnSubmitStatement("OnSubmitScript", "g_isPostBack = true;");
}

NC...

0
NC01

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

Need help converting a C#/.NET method into client-side (javascript) function
Hey Guys, I have implemented an AJAX Toolkit CalendarExtender.  I have a method 'CheckDate' in javascript (followed a tut!) that checks to see if the user selected a date > DateTime.Now(). Well, I have a few other things to check but not sure how to do them in javascript, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.  I mean, i can somewhat convert it but it'll be too mangled, I'd rather learn the right way.  I'm attaching the code and any help will be appreciated.  1 protected string CheckDateErrors(string dateGiven) 2 ...

Can you call a c# on the server side from javascript functions on client side
Hello guys This is something intresting I have come across during development. I have a javascript written in a .JS file , to my knowledge the .js files are executed on the server side. But security concerns with java script that these .js files can be access by connecting to port 80 of the server . So an ultimate alternative reminas to call c# code from a java script function. Can anyone Help me on this matter Regards Nihar Hi Nihar, Usually .js files executed on client side. Please explain your configuration.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog...

How to call server side(C#) function from Client side(Javascript) function?
Hi i have used below functions,  function HandleOnClose() {// this function will be called after clicking browsers close button in Internet explorer if (event.clientY < 0) { event.returnValue = 'Are you sure you want to leave the page?'; } // if he clicks ok then i need to call one server side function in this instance.. else not. } <body onbeforeunload="HandleOnClose()" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">other controls in page..</div>  How to achieve this? Thanks MS AJAX Extensions would be the option of choice here. Combined with webservices you can...

How well can Ajax and Javascript be used inside.Net application using C#?
In my experimentation with Ajax.Net I am not sure how far I can go with Ajax. NET and /or  javascript on the .NET platform. Is there anyone who had used these technologies exstensively who can tell me who well they can be used on .NET's platform? I guess what I am asking is...will using Ajax be like using ajax and or will using javascript be like using javascript when you use it on .NET's platform or will there be suttle diffrences?   thanks Allen    Ajax.net is basically just a javascript library like scriptaculous or others.  It has lo...

how do i get selectedValue of drop down list server side if i am populating it using client side javascript?
 Hi All.I am populating a drop down list client side using: The drop down list is populated based on a selection of another drop down list. ddlList.options[i] = new Option(1,2); as an exampleThe populating is done as i need it to. However, a button click event i am trying to get the selectedValue of the ddlList. However, it doesn't give me it. It only gives me the selectedValue of the drop down list on first rendering. Any ideas on how i can get it?   Could You paste some code? That would be helpful. Thanks S@ss (Shashi Shekhar Singh)My BlogPlease mark a post as ANSWER ...

How to use this javascript in C#.net
// addEvent function by John Resig: // http://ejohn.org/projects/flexible-javascript-events/ function addEvent( obj, type, fn ) { if ( obj.attachEvent ) { obj['e'+type+fn] = fn; obj[type+fn] = function(){obj['e'+type+fn]( window.event );} obj.attachEvent( 'on'+type, obj[type+fn] ); } } // Script for example event goes here addEvent(document.getElementById('myinput'), 'paste', function(event) { alert('You pasted some text'+document.getElementById('myinput').value); }); Hello all,  I&nb...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Web resources about - how to identify the crlt+space+c using javascript - asp.net.client-side