How to get the response from this javascript confirm message

How to get the response value ie true or false when click the yes in confirm box.

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), "Message", "return confirm('Do you want to continue');", false);

 note: Not using "attribute.add" because if use this once javascript is bind to the browser it will show the confirm box when not choose the check box for delete.

 please give me the solution as soon as possible

0
mohanaraj

confirm returns a true if clicked is yes and false if no.. put an if statement to it.. if(confirm()) { clicked yes }else{ clicked no }

0
Dr
4/23/2009 2:58:54 AM

what actually you want to do here can elaborate further?

usually we prompr the confirm box to ask user click on a button, if user click yes than will cont trigger the buttom event else will just stop where you are

are you trying to put this code when the page is load?

0
mo

Get Javascript Confirm Window Response at server-side...

Perform JavaScript Client Side Confirmation from a VB.NET DataGrid
Hi, I when I delete an item from the database through a Datagrid I want to get a messagebox popingup to give me the choise to Confirm it...in case I clicked the wrong item....the way it works now it just deletes it....can any one help me with an Example I have no Idea how to do this...I found an article in C# but it didnt help me at all. here is my source code <asp:DataGrid ID="dgCustList" Runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyField="id" AlternatingItemStyle-BackColor="#F6F6F6" HeaderStyle-BackColor="#C4B58E" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="2" GridLines="Vertical" Width="100%"...

how do i get selectedValue of drop down list server side if i am populating it using client side javascript?
 Hi All.I am populating a drop down list client side using: The drop down list is populated based on a selection of another drop down list. ddlList.options[i] = new Option(1,2); as an exampleThe populating is done as i need it to. However, a button click event i am trying to get the selectedValue of the ddlList. However, it doesn't give me it. It only gives me the selectedValue of the drop down list on first rendering. Any ideas on how i can get it?   Could You paste some code? That would be helpful. Thanks S@ss (Shashi Shekhar Singh)My BlogPlease mark a post as ANSWER ...

.Net varible into client side JavaScript
I'm need to get a variable from my web app and place its value in a JavaScript. I tried doing this with a Label but I get the HTML included. I don't think I can use the <%# %> from classic ASP? Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? tbone_stl wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. It's possible to pass a variable to a javascript function. I created a small coding snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http...

Localization Javascript
Normal 0 21 false false false ES X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 ...

Client Side Validation and getting user confirmation
I've been scratvhing my head on this matter for a while and haven't come up with a working solution.My page has the following structure MasterPage  TabContainer    TabPanel_1      UpdatePanel        Formview          htmlTable            11 rows each containing dropdownlist1, checkbox1, dropdownlist2, checkbox2        /Formview      /UpdatePanel ...

Get Javascript response into Server side code
Hi I have a requirement like... I have to do some server side calculation then I have to pop up window.confirm. There If user click ok the server side should continue the execution otherwise the execution should be terminated. Help me out Thanks in Advance  OnClientClick="Javascript:return confirm('do you want to continue');" on button and write server side code for buttonWe Are Looking for .NET/PHP Projects Contact Details :-  Email - sameer.khanjit@gmail.com Mobile no. : +91-9893795983  View Bloglinkedin Asp.net GroupDon't forget to click “Mark ...

How to get a variable to Runatserver from Client Side Javascript
Here is a snippet of the Javascript Code if (VarNotCompleted == "YES") {document.getElementById("RatingLabel").innerHTML="Not Completed"} else {document.getElementById("RatingLabel").innerHTML=VarRating} It works fine but when I want to take the contents of the rating label back to the database it doesn't work. I am assuming the probem is that the Javascript is client side and nothing is registering at the server How to I get the Javascript generated contents of Rating Label back to the server This is the label <...

calling javascript Confirmation message from server side
Hi,        I have a link button on my page. when i click on the link button i need to do some server side validations(page postback weill happen)  and if the validations are correct i need to call the javascript confirmation message how will i call the confirmation message frm the server side?pls help me.   Thank You,Thanks,  Like this:  Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "Alert", "alert('hello world');", true);  My Blog You can't directly call jav...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

Getting Textbox Watermark Text in client side javascript
Can somebody tell me how I can go about grabbing the Text value of a TextBoxWatermark control from client side javascript?  I need to make a comparison/validation if a text box has been filled out (non-blank) and of course the watermark fills in the text value of the text box when grabbing the property (of the text box) per javascript? So, I need to somehow grab the text from the watermark in javascript and then compare to the text box contents to see if the text in the textbox is the water mark text or not.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  Th...

Getting Value from Client-side InputBox to .net variable
hi, im doing a login page for our timekeeping. Since there's no msgbox available on asp.net, im doing it dynamically via javascript. How do i Get the value frm a dynamically written javascript (such as inputbox) to a .net variable? here's the logic of my program, user logs in hits the button and sub-routine Login will be fired, if user is late -- call Check_Late Sub, this is whre the client-side script was built -- then after that i wanted to be able to get the value from an inputbox. '// if button login clicked Sub Login(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) .......

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

Confirmation delete message using server side javascript
I have bound columns and its values dynamically for a gridview.Its work fine.But i want to call the row editing and rowdeleting functions for a gridview when i click the edit and delete images that are dynamically created.Can anyone knows? I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but if you are wanting to fire the RowEditing and RowDeleting events, then you need to set-up ImageButtons with CommandNames of "Edit" and "Delete" respectively.Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET please post the code  Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply h...

Web resources about - How to get the response from this javascript confirm message - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript SDK - Facebook-Entwickler
Overview The JavaScript SDK provides a rich set of client-side functionality for accessing Facebook...