How to Excecute Server side code in Client Side

I have a Textbox with linkButton on right side.  if i click linkbutton i have one text box agian in poup. if we enter some text and click search button i am showing ListView with searched data in Poup.

the Listview contains one Radio Button at eash row.

Now my request is if i select one radiobuton and click "OK"  the poup should close and display the selected row text in TextBox in my Page where the Linkbutton Presents.

i can do it on my server side on "Okbutton_Click" . i wabnt to do this in Client side only with out PostBack.

Is there any way to do This.

0
ashok

The only way you can call server method without PostBack (meaning synchronious) is to call it asunchronious using AJAX technology. In this case you will execute server's method without page refreshing. There are no other ways to call server-side methods from client-side

May the Force be with you
0
nKognito
10/22/2008 6:09:34 AM

Thanks. It will be great if u provide code. can u please give me the example with Code.

Thanks

Ashok Kumar

0
ashok
10/22/2008 1:01:03 PM

use http://www.asp.net/ajax/

you will get video tutorial here http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/

Ashrafur Rahaman
http://www.ashrafur.com
0
ashrafur

I searched all the videos . but i couldn't find any video to call server side methods with out post back.  can u please give me the code .

I tried that using webmethod we can call this method from javascript using PagerMethods.  but the web method is shared which can call only shared methods.

but i want to call static method with out postback.

Please give me the solution. i will wait for ur solution..

Thanks

Ashok Kumar

0
ashok
11/1/2008 5:32:56 AM

You can ONLY call server-side methods from the client by 1. Executing a PostBack or 2. Using AJAX. Those are your ONLY options.

NC...

0
NC01
11/2/2008 2:34:04 PM

How to do that?

can u give example with code?.  it would be great if u profide code.

Thanks

Ashok Kumar

0
ashok
11/3/2008 8:37:35 AM

AJAX code is entirely too complex to post here and, if you are a beginner, almost useless for you. It would help if you would do a little research yourself on using AJAX in a web page as there are plenty of articles on the internet on it. Here is a simple one to start you off http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/tryit.asp?filename=tryajax_httprequest_js4

NC...

0
NC01

client side code & server side code
what is the difference between client side coding & server side coding ? when to use client side & server side code? Client side code runs on the user's browser and includes languages such as javascript and vbscript. Server side code runs on the web server and can be written in languages such as ASP.NET, PHP, ASP, ColdFusion etc. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer...

client side and server side code
Making things clear:When creating a web application one must know the difference between client side code and server side code.client side code is the code that is executed on the computer of the user. server side code is the code that is executed on the ....server.why is there client side code and server side code?well... server side code exist for the reason of sharing data with multiple users. for example: accessing a database.ASP.NET is a server side technology. in ASP.net you can use different languages such as VB.NET or C#.client side code is used to perform tasks on the computer of th...

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

Calling server-side code from client-side
Hi,  I´m implementing some shortcut functionality in my web forms and wanna know where i can find something that explains, for example, how to call the handler event "onclick" of a button. I´m using this library to add shortcuts to my controls: http://www.openjs.com/scripts/events/keyboard_shortcuts/   And I want to "link" some key combination for the event handlers of the controls. Does anybody knows?  Thanks. You could attach an AJAX event to the Javascript shortcut event handler so, for example, the shortcut function will trigger a button cl...

Execute the client side and server side code
Hi, Hi, I have two drop down lists one ddl1, ddl2. when ddl1 index is changed I have to change the label before the ddl1 and contents of ddl2. 1) to change the label before ddl2, I am using the javascript like this:ddl1.Attributes.Add("onchange", "changeLabelText(this); return false;"); Javascript function<script language="javascript"> function changeLabelText(ddl) { var indx = ddl.selectedIndex; var lbl = document.getElementById('<%= lblSelect.ClientID %>'); if(indx == 0) lbl.innerHTML = "Select A:"; if(indx == 1)lbl.i...

Client side to execute server side code
I am maintaining an ASP.NET C# application written by someone else.  I am essentially a newbie to web development especially client side stuff.  Based on reading these forums I understand that I can't directly call a server side method from the client side and I have to use post pack in some way (using a webservice is not an option here).  My confusion comes from the HTML setup being used.The page has three frames; a header, body and footer.  Each frame is filled by it's own ASPX page.  The footer contains buttons for navigating to another page and some of the b...

client-side and server-side?
hi, can someone tells me how diff is client side and server side are these two? When I tried to do validation ... I would use Javascript ... which has something like: document.forms[0] ... I think that's client side. My understanding on server side is the "form" ... like u will have <form action=".." method=post> ..... </form> ... so it will send to server ... am I on the right track? Are there any other type of server side examples? Hi, ASP.NET itself is server side. Every piece of code processed is done on a server. What comes out of this is sent ...

Client side and server side
We have a application, where we have some validation on the clientside using EnableClientSideValidation. If you don't have fullscreen you can't see some of the error-messages. What we want is to jump to the place on the page where the message is displayed. One problem is that the button is a serverbutton (runat="server"). How can we accomplish this on the clientside using the same button. I have tried to use "onClientClick" and a link something like this:   <A HREF=http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=18#form>form<...

Server-side or Client-side
In general, I'm wondering if there are any criteria to use when choosing between using a client side element or a server side element. For example, if I'm going to put an HTML table on a page, how do I decide whether or not to use a server control?  Should the server side always be chosen or if there is not explicit server side functionality required is it better to opt for a "normal" client side table? Obviously, if there is a need for server side control the question is answered, I'm looking more at more ambiguous situations. Thanks  This is from Micros...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

What is Client Side and Server Side?
I am New of ASP.Net What we can and should do client side and Server Side? What uses? Please any one clear my doubt. Thanking YouEndendrum Priyamudan P m R Clientside is basically what a person can see and serverside is where actions get processed. that's kinda simply puyt but thats the deal, you code serverside, and the html and javascript it generates let's the users for example click a button, then serverside you have coded what should happen when a button gets clicked for example turn text red. Then the server sends a new page with red text to the client (clientside...

How to Pass Information from Server-Side Code to Client-Side Code in AJAX Control Extender?
Hi All,For some reason I can't get the following to work: I have a custom AJAX Control Extender with a few getters and setters. I also have some images I want to use with the extender saved in a resource file. How to I make the respective image URLs available to the javascript of the extender? Are there any examples available?Thanks![Update: renamed the subject to something more appropriate.]  Perhaps I can clarify a bit:I have set up a getter and setter to set the image URL from the resource file: 1 [ExtenderControlProperty] 2 public string CoverURL 3 { 4 get...

executing server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button
how to execute server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button in asp.net. You can't. When clicking a button: the client-side executes, the page does a PostBack, then the server-side executes.NC... what if i want to update a database and then open a new windows is it possible with Jscript.net?...

Web resources about - How to Excecute Server side code in Client Side - asp.net.client-side

Twitter

YTP - Alec Trevelyan And His Strawberries - YouTube
Disclaimer: The material used to make this video doesn't belong to me, but to it's rightful owners (MGM/whoever else). I only intend to parody ...

Toronto's mayoral debate a slugfest
Canoe News National section offers a wide variety of articles, videos, photos, regarding national news, politics and economy.

MacKiDo/Hardware/G3
Now the PowerPC's were ready to evolve again this was the 3rd generation of PowerPC's. After the highly successful second generation of PowerPC's, ...

The Provisional Government
Compiled by Stephenie Flora Prior to the emigration of Americans into the territory, the Hudson'sBay Company was a small government unto itself. ...

San Mateo County calendar of events - - San Mateo Daily Journal Tabbed Structure - Regular
TUESDAY, SEPT. 24 Memory loss social. 1 p.m. Twin Pines Senior and Community Center, 20 Twin Pines Lane, Belmont. Enjoy activities, conversation ...

SunnyNeo - P3 Habitarium
SunnyNeo is a Neopets help site. It offers: avatar and fonts help, graphics and tutorials, plot covers, game guides, new rainbow pool, customisation ...

Print Story
One potential benefit of Tuesday’s hitting-coach change is the way it coincides with imminent roster moves that promise to provide an influx ...

Fantasia 2014 Review: Chew On This - ZOMBEAVERS Is Dam Excellent
It begins with the pun.Sure, you have a slew of straight-to-VOD crap that is little more than a title stretched too thin over its running time. ...