How to display message box at client side?

hi there,

Can any body help me out to display a message box in asp.net. If so pls send me how to do it. It may be easy but I want to know how .
thanks
Regards,
DeadRocker
0
deadrocker

I use this function:

public void ClientMessageBox( string message )
{
Page.RegisterStartupScript( "alert", "<script>alert('" + message + "');</script>" );
}

Niall
0
niallmoran

displaying client side message box
i want to dispaly the system.Windows.Forms.MessageBox in the client side computer.. i try this code but when i excute it, i is displaying in server not in the client computer how am i going to do this. thanks in advance What kind of application are we talking about? Where is the code located? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). like this im using asp.net i want to execute asp.net function. ex. public sub save() ...

Server-side or client-side loading message?
I want to add this basic functionality of ajax, which is a loading message while the server is doing something.I could use a client-side control, like a div. But then I'd have the problem of hiding the div after a certain method was finished. I could use registerclientscript, but then I think it is weird to activate the message with client code and deactivate in the code-behind.I'd like to control the show and hide on the server side. How can I do that? When I click a button, I'd have to fire two assynchronous events, one to show the message and the other to do whatever it does...So I want t...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Client side message box
hello,  I have a message box that pops out on the click of a button, asking what is the next step. If the user chooses Yes the application opens a word document to write, and if it clicks No just a read-only word document. I use this code DialogResult reply = MessageBox.Show(text, "Files", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo, MessageBoxIcon.Warning); if (reply == DialogResult.Yes){if (exst.Equals(".doc")) openword( dest, "yes");}} else if (reply==DialogResult.No) {if (exst.Equals(".doc")) openword ( dest, "no");}   when I run this code...

client-side message box...
I looked into putting a messagebox that alerts you whether or not you really want to delete it. I just put a simplistic button with the code in the subpage like it called for in the example, just a simple button click test and I am getting the error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'BtnDelete' is not a member of 'ASP.test_aspx'.Source Error: Line 9: Private Sub ...

"Push" messages to Atlas/Ajax Client or Client-side event handling of server messages
What I'm looking for is the ability for the client-side Ajax/Atlas GUI to be able to update itself when events occur on the server. The issue is that the events are triggered from a third party, and aren't triggered by postback. For example, let's say there's a Queue of data on the server, and each time a new item is added to the Queue, I want the client to recognize the addition and display the new item. Right now, the only way I can think of doing this is by setting up an Ajax timer and checking the state of the Queue on every timer tick. While this doesn't cause the page to refresh/postba...

Can i run an EXE on server side to be displayed on client side?
I have made an animation in VB(file.exe), its a bit like a screen buddy that walks about the screen. I can call it from ASP. Dim WshShell set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") WshShell.Run "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\file.exe" set WshShell= nothing %> where the file.exe is on my desktop. Does the client side see the animation? If not is there any way for the client to see this? I understand there are security issues here, but i only want this screen buddy to be displayed on their browser or screen. Java isn't an option as i don't have time to lear...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

can clear server side text box value from client side.?
Hi, function Disab() {    if(document.all.chkSPTariff.checked)     {        document.all.txtVFX.disabled=false document.all.txtVHSFO.disabled=false    }  else  {     document.all.txtVFX.disabled=true document.all.txtVFX.value=""               }   This is how i am clearing  the  text for <asp:TextBox>. Ofter i submit, i wonder to see the old value from serverside , like txtTemp.Text is h...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

Web resources about - How to display message box at client side? - asp.net.client-side

Samples of display typefaces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Samsung Galaxy A9 officially announced w/ 4,000mAh battery, 6-inch display & octa-core processor
Having only recently been leaked online through unofficial and official sources, the largest of the Galaxy A-series family of devices has now ...

Secular nativity display removed from Texas capitol after complaint from Governor Abbott
A secular “winter solstice” display has been removed from the Texas capitol basement following a complaint from Governor Greg Abbott, who in ...

Genius now displays song lyrics no matter what music app you use
Shutterstock Genius has unleashed an update that will give you live lyrics to whatever song you’re listening to. What’s particularly brilliant ...

Stop the madness: We don’t need 4K smartphone displays
... that we don't need at the expense of better battery life, as Sony has recently embarked on an insane quest to push smartphones with 4K displays ...

Paul Tudor Jones Christmas lights display - Business Insider Deutschland
... hedge fund billionaire Paul Tudor Jones , the founder of Tudor Investment Corporation, has put up another elaborate Christmas lights display ...

Extreme light displays brighten holiday season
'Tis the season across the country, where many people don't want a white Christmas as much as a multi-colored one

Reminder: You Might Not Want To Display Empty Christmas Present Boxes Prominently On The Curb
There you are, happily and cozily ensconced in your house, playing your new PS4 (as long as it’s not a piece of wood ) to your heart’s delight, ...

Digitimes Research: South Korea expected to develop large-size flexible displays based on AMOLED, PI ...
South Korea is expected to adopt AMOLED display technology, PI (polyimide) plastic substrates, organic TFT driving technology and roll-to-roll ...

Samsung Announces the Galaxy A9 for China, 6″ Display and Octa-Core Processor
... like we have on the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 here in the US. One major difference, though, is the Galaxy A9’s larger 6″ Super AMOLED display, ...