How to call java script function in vb.net(aspx.vb file)

Hi, i have written following script in aspx file which works fine:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> function Enable_ddlyear()

{

document.form1.TxtStartDate.disabled=
true ;

document.form1.TxtEndDate.disabled=true ;

var x=document.getElementById("ddlyear")

x.disabled=false

}

function Enable_dates()

{

document.form1.TxtStartDate.disabled=
false ;

document.form1.TxtEndDate.disabled=false ;

document.form1.ddlyear.disabled=true ;

}

</script>

In page load event i have defined

rb_bffummary.Attributes.Add("onclick", "Enable_ddlyear();")

rb_absDetails.Attributes.Add("onclick", "Enable_dates();")

It works fine on click event of radio button but how can i call them manually? without clicking radio button?

any ideas?

0
momer123

 if you want to call it on page load (client side) then add the following script on server side page_load event

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, typeof(string), "scpt", "Enable_ddlyear();", true);

Zeeshan Umar

~ Please Mark as Answer if it solves your query ~
0
sirdneo

Call function from one aspx.vb file from another aspx.vb file
This should be easy. I have two aspx.vb files.  One is the default and the other default2. All I want to do is call a function in default from default2. default contains - Public Class Default_aspx    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Public x As New Default_aspx    Public Function test()        Return "HERE IT IS"    End FunctionEnd Class Default2 contains - Partial Class Default2    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Private Sub getIt()        test() - "Name test is...

how to call java script function in vb.net ?
I have working with grid view and get records from database if the records exceding 1000 then I need to display confirm dialog box through javascript ? if click ok then it will display the records in gridview and if click cancel then it will create a message into label .   want to know where to call java script function on the button that will display this javascript dialog.Basim Hi, try this... //Code to get the datasource dataset ds if(ds.Tables[0].Rows.count > 0) {     Page.ClientScript.RegisterStratUpScript(this.GetType(),"showal","ShowGri...

How to call java script function in aspx.vb file?
Hi, i have written following script in aspx file which works fine: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- function Enable_ddlyear() { document.form1.TxtStartDate.disabled=true ; document.form1.TxtEndDate.disabled=true ; var x=document.getElementById("ddlyear") x.disabled=false } function Enable_dates() { document.form1.TxtStartDate.disabled=false ; document.form1.TxtEndDate.disabled=false ; document.form1.ddlyear.disabled=true ; } ------------------------------------------------------...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

VB Script to vb/vb.net conversion
Trying to convert this vbs to vb.net code. Does anyone know how? Option Explicit   dim WSHShell, objFSO, desktop, pathTOapplication Set WSHshell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")set objFSO=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") desktop = WSHShell.SpecialFolders("Desktop")pathTOapplication = objFSO.GetAbsolutePathName(desktop) & "\SMG Backup.appref-ms" WSHshell.Run chr(34) & pathTOapplication & chr(34) my. Good Luck why not just use it in scritp block like this: <script type="text/vbscript"> Option Expli...

How to call vb dll file is vb.net
Hai, I had created a com control in vb with extension .dll. Is it Possible to call that .dll file in vb.net. If Possible how. Plz Help Regards Somu Well, any dll contains a set of classes, each class contains a set of methods. so, what you need to do is Add Reference to that dll, and then you can access the methods inside it as: Namespace.ClassName.MethodName(..) regardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP Yes it is possible Somu. Though the vb dll is a COM component, you could use the COM component like any other .NET. Like Haidar ...

converting vb.net 2003 files to vb.net 2005
Hi, i am beginner..i watch videos about vb.net..they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there any program which convert the code automatically?   thanks,Thanks,Speranza What videos are you talking about?  There are lots of great, up-to-date ASP.NET Videos on this site for free.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! i am talking about learnvisualstudio.net videos..Thanks,Speranza Speranza:they made on vs.net 2003 when i wrote these codes in 2005 ,it gives errors..is there a...

vb.net functions in aspx file
What are the difference of  serverside function and ajax function in vb.net , with respect to their usage in aspx file? Sometimes I find that ajaxpro function is used in the javascript in aspx file,  Can serverside function do so? is it the difference? If both can, then what is the specific of ajax function usage? Ajax function are nothing but javascript function delegates calling the serverside functions....

Vb script to vb.net
I am trying to convert vb script to vb.net I have regular expression in vb  script as follows Function filter(str) Dim regExp Set regExp = New RegExp regExp.IgnoreCase = True regExp.Pattern = "[^a-z0-9]" regExp.Global = True filter = regExp.Replace(str, "") End Function   I just converted into vb.net as followsFunction filter(ByVal str) Dim RegexObj As Regex = New Regex("[^a-z0-9]", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase.Equals(True))filter = RegexObj.Replace(str, "") End FunctionBut I am not sure about the option  regExp.Global = ...

Function Calling from ASPX file to VB file
Hi, I simple have a function called GetStatus in the code behind of my aspx file.  In the aspx file I'd like to call this function. Public Function GetStatus() As String         Response.Write("I Am HERE")         Dim tmpStatus As String = ""         Return tmpStatus     End Function I have this implanted in the aspx file <%# GetStatus() %> It's not working.  Thoughts on this? You are returning tmpStatus, but setting it to an empty valu...

VB Script & VB.NET
i'm going to develop a web application. can u tell me what is the advantages of not using vb script in web pages i. security-wise ii.performance-wiseand what is the advantages of using vb script in .aspx pages?? Hi,vbscript isn't a .NET enabled language while VB.NET is. This means that you can't use vbscript to code your ASP.NET webforms. Vbscript can however be used with classic ASP.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. ok, then what do you say about inline code(i.e. in the form of "<%...

Calling Flash file with movie clip in aspx page (vb.net)
 Hi, I got major problem. I create one flash file and in that i add video clip.with this file a video clip control are there for play and stop and others.Now the problem is that when i calling that file in the asp.net at that time when i used flash file with video clip control that file is not displayed on browser.Steps i do for that.1) i take video file and convert it into .flv by video to flv converter.2) After that i converted flv file to flash file in .swf  format.3)now the file .swf contain the movie clip and some text in form of flash file.4) but this is not displayed on brow...

How to call a java class file from a vb.net smart application device?
Hi guys, i know i can call a java class file by using the shell function for a vb.net window application.. But how to call a java class file from a vb.net smart application device? anyone can help? The same way you call it from VB.Net, but you are going to have to make sure the machine has given the rights to smart clients to run Process Invoke commands.View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 ok thanks alot....

Web resources about - How to call java script function in vb.net(aspx.vb file) - asp.net.client-side

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Fatally weak MD5 function torpedoes crypto protections in HTTPS and IPSEC
... US Navy ) If you thought MD5 was banished from HTTPS encryption, you'd be wrong. It turns out the fatally weak cryptographic hash function, ...

Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless
Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless

Learning F# – The Thunderdome Principle for Functions
... One object enters, one object leaves! What I like about F# is that the language designers took a similar approach when they implemented functions. ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Political row over omitting Kerala CM from PM Modi’s function
Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday decided to keep away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s function in Kollam in south Kerala after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

Power Through Your Work With a “Forcing Function”
... to flow faster and more easily when I know I only have a couple of hours to turn it in. Entrepreneur Dan Martell calls this a “forcing function” ...