Getting an "Unknown runtime error" when using Sys.Net.WebRequest

Hi,

I'm trying to use Sys.Net.WebRequest to implement incremental page display (as described in this video: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-120.aspx). Basically, I'm trying to inject the HTML from one aspx page into a div on another aspx page.

The page request works just fine, but when I try to set the div's innerHTML to the value returned by get_responseData(), I'm getting an "Unknown runtime error". I found a forum post that suggested that this might be due to adding a second form tag to the page, but this wasn't a problem in the video I linked to above.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Shawn

0
shawndotnet

PB11 .NET "smart client" PUBLISH ISSUE... "Error when transfering files."
Before I start I should state that I'm not the Microsoft server admin... I have gotten this to work as recently as two days ago, but then it mysteriously stops working without any reason. It pushes most of the files out to the server correctly, but I did notice thatthe "CONFIGURATION.XML" file is missing. The "Publish Application" takes a while before failing and eventually fails with the message... "Error when transferring files." PLEASE HELP. Here is a list of what it is able to put on the server... ../publish.htm ../setup.exe ../tes...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

error "Failed to get datetime data" using dw.net 1.0.1
Hello, My situation: I have a vs2005 project with dw.net version 1.0.1 (build 5502), database is asa10. When my regional settings are Dutch(Belgium) I have no problems at all. When the settings are Italian(Italy) I get a "Failed to get datetime" error when I retrieve when my data contains dates. When the date fields are not filled in then I do not get the error. A date of '2008-1-1 08:00:00' also gives errors. When I try to retrieve the same data in the datawindow painter I also get no error. Can anyone help me? Greetings, Mich=E8le DW.net 2.5 is now th...

VS .net error
Hi Anybody experienced this problem...? The intelligence has gone from my Visual Studio .Net 2003... help All the coloring has despaired from my code - apart from the comments which are still green. The intelligence is not working... I dont get any suggestions on what to use. I cant use the undo - I only get this error: Unknown undo/redo error I have search on the internet, but I havent managed to find an answer to why this is happening... When I build the application I get the coloring back, but as soon as I try and change something in the code it all goes again.. ...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password"
duplicate. -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop Usually the faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard. ...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system"
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

Keep getting..."Unable to get project file from server",when using vs.net
When trying to open any existing asp.net project in Visual Studio it keeps giving me the message above. It is also throwing an error when I create the project in the first place, it happens when a dos window is opened, the text in the dos window is running "Common Language Runtime Minidump Utility version 1.0.3705.0" and then VS craps out says there was an error and shuts down. I've re-installed the .net components and framework with no avail, and FrontPage extensions etc.. are all installed. I'm running XP professional and have installed IIS 5.1. This is driving me fec...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

"Unknown error" during migration to PB12.NET
Hi. I have project in PB12Clasic and i'd like to migrate it into .NET. Target consists 48 PBLs. Build process in PowerBuilder .NET ends with error, but in description of error is only "Unknown error". I moved the plb with wrong object into higher position in library list and run build again. Pbl with wrong object was correctly builed. But the same error appeared on object in another pbl. I moved pbls in library list many times, but I still can't to solve this "Unknown error". Will you help me how to get to know what this "Unknown error" means? ...

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password" #2
I want to set up a test scenario where I have a bunch of clients logging into a Netware server using native file access. My clients use a script file which maps shares to the server using the "net use \\server\share /p=no" (for no password). I keep getting "system error 5 - access is denied". What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it? Thanks for your help Assuming you're using Local mode, you must assign a Simple password. Note that a blank Simple password is not the same as never assigning a Simple password. bd NSC Voluntee...

"Unknown socket failure" error when using "send/retrieve"
Setup my GW 7 client to work with a gmail POP3 server. When I hit "Send Retrieve mail", I get the following: 12:03:29 Send/Retrieve OBI Test 12:03:51 Unknown socket failure Please help. Aablaev, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options avail...

Web resources about - Getting an "Unknown runtime error" when using Sys.Net.WebRequest - asp.net.client-side