frame or no frame

I've read through quite a bit of opinions, but without a definate answer.

I'm writing a page in asp.net 2.0 and it includes a seperate page hosted on a seperate domain.  I was going to just throw it in a frame and call it good, but I'm reading that that is not such a good idea.  Anyone have a simple way to do this, I'd like to use the master page for the site and just have an area that is framed.  Sorry if I am missing something obvious, I tend to do that lately.

0
garand

You have two ways to do it.

If you own the second domain, or can ask the owner nicely, set up the remote content as a web service, and interact with it that way.

If you can't use this, use an XML HTTP Request, and treat the remote content as an xml file.

0
Meson

To frame or not to frame?
Hi all,Normally do you build your web apps using frames? I'm having several troubles using firefox, its behaviour presents many differences.. it does not accept resizing, borders etcthanks It is probably a personal thing with frames. Personally I think they are nasty. They cause more problems than they solve. They do not meet accessibility standards. The improvements on caching with ASP.NET allow for very fast returns by caching user controls that you might normally keep in a frame, such as menu/navigation. That's an easy one. Not to. It means ugly Javascript solutions, problems wi...

To frame or not to frame
Hi,    I was having troubles with framing my website using visual web developer 2008 and so was looking around on this forum. It was surprising to see many negative comments about frames and to find out that XHTML doesnt even support frames. Now Im leaning towards not using frames. I want to have 3 different sections of my website: A header with my company name A side section where I can put links and maybe put advertisements later on (graphics) A main section where all the real stuff shows up  The problem is that Visaul Web developer doesnt support that kind o...

To frame or not to frame...
I know this is probably a matter of opinion...but if you have an application that is using large datasets that can not be cached, does it make sense to use frames on your site to save some processing of other database driven menus, and whatnot?? Does this cause a headache if you are dealing with an application that requires user authentication, since you have to now check on serval pages for authorization? Maybe an IFrame for content is better? Just one of those questions that has been bugging me. thanks... I would not use frames. I would instead use fragment caching, that is, cre...

Frames or NO frames.
Hi, sorry probably a topic discussed at lengths somewhere but I was wondering. If I have a ASP.NET c# web application that contains the traditional header, left navigation bit and content to the right, is there any compelling reason for me not to use frames? I realise one issue may be browser compatability but how many browsers these days don't support frames. If it helps, I am writing an intranet application rather than a full internet app so I don't see browser type too much of an issue. Thanks for your comments. Graham Allwood Browser compatibility hasn't been the issue...

NetStorage Frame in Frame
--____USSHZKHRTKSQNTOQSGEX____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have problems using the browser acces to netstorage. After login its = open frame in frames and not showing the files. Reinstalling netstorage = changed nothing. WEBDAV access is working fine. With kind regards, Bodo =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D MEBSware Informatik GmbH Bodo Schulz Bodo.Schulz@MEBSware.DE www.mebsware.de =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

Refresh Frame after or in Server Side Button click of a different frame
I have two frames. In the left frame I have a WebControl Button with Data manipulation code, and a WebControl TreeView that navigates to the right frame and also sends a Record ID in a QueryString. In the right frame I have a WebControl DataGrid that shows the Database information depending on the Record ID sent to it My problem is that I need to send a Record ID in a QueryString to and then Refresh the Right Frame AFTER the left frame button server data manipulation code is run. Any ideas? use registerstartupscript in your code that gets executed after the left pane loads...it will b...

Frame and sheet toolbars side by side
Hi All, I have an MDI application with frame having it's own toolbar and each sheet having a toolbar of it's own. When the sheet is opened, it's toolbar is displayed under the frame's toolbar. Is it possible to display sheet's toolbar next to frame's toolbar instead of under the frame's toolbar ? One way to do it, would be to inherit the sheet's toolbar from the frame's menu and hiding a toolbar when the sheet is opened or gets focus, but I would like to avoid this if possible. Any suggestion greatly would be greatly appreciated. Mac...

Frames & No Frames that is the question
Hello, This may not be the appropriate place for this question, if not let me know. I want to use frames in my application, the problems is when the session times out I would like to display that page without the frames. An alternative would be to display the timeout page always in the same frame. How can I do this?? My frames would look like this FRAME HEADER ---------------------------------------------------------------| FRAME MENUS| FRAME DETAIL | ---------------------------------------------------------------| Either allways in the FRAME DETAIL or display...

modifying a frame inside a frame
Hi, All, 1) I have a frame (F1) that has a TPopupMenu (PM) with no menu items at all. The only reason PM is declared in F1 is that PM is popped up by F1 manually (after simulating a left click, and then a right click on a TListBox to select the item under the mouse cursor). Components that use F1 are supposed to add menu items to PM themselves. 2) I drop F1 on another frame (F2). 3) I double-click on PM, add a menuitem to it, name it, and close the menu editor. 4) I click once on PM in the frame editor just to be presented with this error message: "List index out o...

RE: Framesets
I have tried putting the entire CSK application in an <iframe> of an .htm page. It doesn't work, or at least some major code tweek is needed, because for some strange reason, while in the iframe, it is not possible to log members into the Community. This serves as a huge disappointment. Is anything possible to work around this? DanDanCirAre you Yakking yet?...

.Net with Frames
Hi guys, I have a very weird question.My company is getting a service where only 2 epople can use it at the same time, they don't prevent more, but if we do use more than 2 we get charged through the teeth. So i came up with a plan. initially we have what looks like to be a form with 2 empty boxes and an enter button.Clicking on the button you goto another website. If some one is using the website already their username appears in one of the boxes, if a user name aoppears in both boxes a emssage pops up appologising that both slots are being used.when some one stops using the site (th...

Framing with .net
I want my asp.net page to have a header/logo area on top and then frame another website within my page on the bottom half. Anyone know how to code this? Thanks. Hi, you could use an iframe to solve this and place the header/logo in a user control so you can reuse it on other webforms. Even better than the iframe solution. Place a div tag with a style attribute like this: <div style="overflow:auto;width:300px;height:300px;">....</div> and place all the code that you want to be able to scroll inside the div tag. You'll end up with only 1 webform instead of m...

Postback of one frame in response to click of a image button in another frame in the same page(Note:-Both frames there are 2 different aspx page but in a same page page using 2 frames)
Hi all, I am having a C# coded page with 2 different frames in it.This 2 frames contain each an aspx file.So the functionality am trying is I have image buttons in one frame .So when i click that image button the other frame i have should load with a specified image in it. I tried redirecting it but that happens only in the first frame where the image buttons are.Resulted in showing the 2 frames in the first frame. I am stuck in this for almost a day.Please can anyone help regarding this?. Regards, Joseph look into the Target attribute of the anchor: for example: <a h...

Search in Page with frames always starts in first frame, also if I select a frame with the mouse
Name: Alexander Nussbaumer Email: alexander.nussbaumer_at_uni-graz.at Product: Firefox Summary: Search in Page with frames always starts in first frame, also if I select a frame with the mouse Comments: Searching ("Find in This Page", Ctrl-F) starts in the first frame. I would propose, if I select a frame, then the search for words should start in this selected frame. For example, if I search a word in the Java API documentation page, the search starts in the left menu frames. However, I would need to start the search in the bigger frame on the right side. Jav...

Web resources about - frame or no frame - asp.net.client-side

Frame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sacked Penrith Panthers coach Ivan Cleary in the frame for Kangaroos job
Ivan Cleary has emerged as a contender for the vacant Kangaroos coaching job following his shock sacking at Penrith.

Canada in the Frame
... art gallery experience as attendees provide their candid, spontaneous reactions to a wide variety of Canadian art. For CANADA IN THE FRAME , ...

Mass shootings really are a bad way to frame the gun violence debate
... to remind us that we do, in fact, have a massive problem that needs fixing. But here’s the thing: mass shootings really are a bad way to frame ...

The ultimate troll: Jar Jar edited into almost every frame of new ‘Star Wars’ trailer
... acting of Jake Lloyd. Now a new video posted by YouTuber murdockmotion plays on those fears by inserting Jar Jar into nearly every frame of ...

Who will play young Han Solo? Meet the names in the frame for Star Wars spin-off
2,500 young actors are reported to have auditioned for the roguish Star Wars prequel. From Miles Teller to Carl from the Walking Dead, here are ...

Nieto believes Sharks let down in second frame vs LA Kings
... Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Nieto believes Sharks let down in second frame vs ...

How to fix the iPhone 6s Plus’ frame rate problem
The iPhone 6s Plus has a frame rate problem, and the only solution is more cowbell right here! Although it’s not necessarily something your average ...

Adult Titles ‘Our Brand Is Crisis,’ ‘Burnt’ Fall Like Dominoes As ‘The Martian’ Dominates Halloween Frame ...
... a film which has been riding a heat wave on an A CinemaScore and 93% Rotten Tomatoes rating, took No. 1 for the fourth time in its fifth frame ...

Do you consider the Fatal Frame sexy outfit alterations censorship?
The localization of Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water made waves recently after it was discovered that some of the game's sexier outfits were ...