executing server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button

how to execute server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button in asp.net.
0
connect2sandeep

You can't. When clicking a button: the client-side executes, the page does a PostBack, then the server-side executes.

NC...

0
NC01
10/21/2005 6:37:45 PM
what if i want to update a database and then

open a new windows is it possible with Jscript.net?
0
connect2sandeep

client side code & server side code
what is the difference between client side coding & server side coding ? when to use client side & server side code? Client side code runs on the user's browser and includes languages such as javascript and vbscript. Server side code runs on the web server and can be written in languages such as ASP.NET, PHP, ASP, ColdFusion etc. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer...

Client side to execute server side code
I am maintaining an ASP.NET C# application written by someone else.  I am essentially a newbie to web development especially client side stuff.  Based on reading these forums I understand that I can't directly call a server side method from the client side and I have to use post pack in some way (using a webservice is not an option here).  My confusion comes from the HTML setup being used.The page has three frames; a header, body and footer.  Each frame is filled by it's own ASPX page.  The footer contains buttons for navigating to another page and some of the b...

Execute the client side and server side code
Hi, Hi, I have two drop down lists one ddl1, ddl2. when ddl1 index is changed I have to change the label before the ddl1 and contents of ddl2. 1) to change the label before ddl2, I am using the javascript like this:ddl1.Attributes.Add("onchange", "changeLabelText(this); return false;"); Javascript function<script language="javascript"> function changeLabelText(ddl) { var indx = ddl.selectedIndex; var lbl = document.getElementById('<%= lblSelect.ClientID %>'); if(indx == 0) lbl.innerHTML = "Select A:"; if(indx == 1)lbl.i...

client side and server side code
Making things clear:When creating a web application one must know the difference between client side code and server side code.client side code is the code that is executed on the computer of the user. server side code is the code that is executed on the ....server.why is there client side code and server side code?well... server side code exist for the reason of sharing data with multiple users. for example: accessing a database.ASP.NET is a server side technology. in ASP.net you can use different languages such as VB.NET or C#.client side code is used to perform tasks on the computer of th...

I need to get a server side button to run this client side code?
I need to get a server side button to run this client side code when the server button is clicked and then subsequently called by the server. Is it possible? The problem is that the print control is a client side activex. I can call it normally using a client side button but this is no good when I need to print more then one page. Any help would be great. Thanks. The code: function PrintProc(){ var MyPrinter; MyPrinter = new ActiveXObject("ImgXPrint6.ImgXPrint"); MyPrinter.PageFrom = 1; MyPrinter.PageTo = 1; MyPrinter.PageM...

How to Pass Information from Server-Side Code to Client-Side Code in AJAX Control Extender?
Hi All,For some reason I can't get the following to work: I have a custom AJAX Control Extender with a few getters and setters. I also have some images I want to use with the extender saved in a resource file. How to I make the respective image URLs available to the javascript of the extender? Are there any examples available?Thanks![Update: renamed the subject to something more appropriate.]  Perhaps I can clarify a bit:I have set up a getter and setter to set the image URL from the resource file: 1 [ExtenderControlProperty] 2 public string CoverURL 3 { 4 get...

How to execute server side code using VBscript bcz i need at client side.

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

javascript execution after side server side code
I have a dropdownlist selected change event (server side). I need to execute a java script code after that server side event. how to achive this ?? I used Response.Write("<script>alert('hi')<script>"); . but its not working and all the form alignment was getting disturbed. is their any other way to achice this??     ThanksPrashanth.J Use RegisterClientScriptBlock method to execute javascript methods "at server-side"May the Force be with you Never use Response.Write except in debugging situations, because it will mess ...

Calling server-side code from client-side
Hi,  I´m implementing some shortcut functionality in my web forms and wanna know where i can find something that explains, for example, how to call the handler event "onclick" of a button. I´m using this library to add shortcuts to my controls: http://www.openjs.com/scripts/events/keyboard_shortcuts/   And I want to "link" some key combination for the event handlers of the controls. Does anybody knows?  Thanks. You could attach an AJAX event to the Javascript shortcut event handler so, for example, the shortcut function will trigger a button cl...

How to Excecute Server side code in Client Side
I have a Textbox with linkButton on right side.  if i click linkbutton i have one text box agian in poup. if we enter some text and click search button i am showing ListView with searched data in Poup. the Listview contains one Radio Button at eash row. Now my request is if i select one radiobuton and click "OK"  the poup should close and display the selected row text in TextBox in my Page where the Linkbutton Presents. i can do it on my server side on "Okbutton_Click" . i wabnt to do this in Client side only with out PostBack.   Is ther...

Accessing Client side variable from server side code?
Hi,  I am trying to use vbscript to run a process on the client machine. Once that process finishes I want to use the resulting value in my server side code behind file. Does anyone know a way to do this? I know that I can set server side session objects to a client variable by doing something like this: <script language="vbscript" type="text/vbscript">  strSubject = <%=Session.Item("Subject") %> </script>  but I have no idea how to do that in reverse. Thanks!    Filed under: too much coffee.  LOL! ...

Server side Generating and client side executing javascript
Hi,  This is a really basic question.  If one has a piece of code on the server side that generates some javascript, how do you inject and execute this script n the client side?  For example, I have a server side function that inserts a bunch of calls to a the javascript function foo(), such as foo(1); foo(2);.....How can insert these calls into my webpage so that they are executed on a periodic basic.  I assume I would use an script manager tag, and inside this tag I would have an update panel, but am unsure where to go after that.  jerry   Hi, you can in...

Web resources about - executing server side code and client side (javascript) code simultaneously while clicking a button - asp.net.client-side

Facebook allows advertisers to target broad categories, precise interests simultaneously
Advertisers can now target Facebook users by broad category and precise interests at the same time using the Power Editor tool, according to ...

‘Fortitude’ to Be First Original Show to Premiere Simultaneously Across Sky’s European Network
... 29 to 20 million customers in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Austria and Italy. The series is the first Sky original program to premiere simultaneously ...

Timely - Scheduling and Time Tracking, Simultaneously on the App Store on iTunes
Get Timely - Scheduling and Time Tracking, Simultaneously on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Baby and dog practice new trick simultaneously - YouTube
According to user 'samueljoseph', this Weimaraner will only listen to commands from a deep stern voice. But it looks like this baby is at full ...

Game of Thrones to be broadcast simultaneously around Earth - which means 11am Monday AEST
If ever there was a way to stave off the back-at-work-Monday-blues, surely this is it. Well, it is if you have an understanding boss and Foxtel ...

Twitch Plays Pokemon: what happens when 80,000 people simultaneously play one game of Pokemon
An Australian programmer's self-described social experiment has gone viral with more than 80,000 people simultaneously playing one game of Pokemon ...

Chinese woman writes with both hands simultaneously - People's Daily Online
SHIJIAZHUANG,Dec.5(Xinhua)AwomanfromnorthChina'sHebeiprovincehasrevealedauniquetal

Why This Analyst Team Sees Cisco and Juniper Both Winning Simultaneously
24/7 Wall St. Why This Analyst Team Sees Cisco and Juniper Both Winning Simultaneously 24/7 Wall St. When one tech giant is given a positive ...

Intel’s upcoming Skylake processors will simultaneously support three 4K monitors at 60Hz
... about Mac , Intel , and 4k continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Intel’s upcoming Skylake processors will simultaneously ...

'Bonnie & Clyde' Miniseries to Run Simultaneously on A&E, History and Lifetime
A&E Networks will run its upcoming "Bonnie & Clyde" miniseries simultaneously on Lifetime, History and A&E later this year, the company plans ...