Encoding image to base64 string using javascript?

I need to encode an image to a base64 string on client side, does anyone has a script to do it?

Thanks

If this post has been useful to you please mark it as answer.
0
onishirox

Take a look at this url, I think it contains the info you are looking for:

 http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Exsead1.asp

0
dvallone
7/3/2007 6:55:30 PM

 I tried that but couldn't manage to get it to work.

If this post has been useful to you please mark it as answer.
0
onishirox

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

Dynamic Image(s) in page using Base64 encoded string as image source
First of all, I'm not sure where to put this in the forum.  Second, Here's my problem. I have access to a webservice that, based upon search params, will return a string array of base64 encoded images.  Now, the client application has to display those images.  Since the images come from a protected image server, I cannot use static paths or anything.  All I have to work with are the base64 encoded image strings that are returned from the service.  That's it! I am having trouble figuring out how to display these in the page once when I get them.&nbs...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

How to link image on the client side not using image control
Hello: I need to link my image on the client side code, but not use image control. Is anyway like ASP to use: img src="../image/photo.gif" ?  Thanks    You meant  without adding image control you wanted to add an image and give the link for that? please give more details... Don't forget to click (Mark as Answer) on the post that helped to solve your problem. Yes. In ASP, you specify the image path: img src="../image/photo.gif". I put image in the folder image. How to specify this path and find image without using image contro...

Loaing Image to an Image COntrol using client side java script
SIr How can I Load an Image to an Image Control using JavaScript Expecting reply C T Ranjith Hi ctranjith, Try the following snipplet and then call it wherever you need it: function LoagImage() { document.getElementById('imgControl1').src = document.getElementById('btnExplore').value; } Hope it helps.MIGUELÓN.-----------------------------------------Rezad a vuestros dioses, amad a vuestras mujeres y luchad por vuestra patria! ----------------------------------------...

how do i get selectedValue of drop down list server side if i am populating it using client side javascript?
 Hi All.I am populating a drop down list client side using: The drop down list is populated based on a selection of another drop down list. ddlList.options[i] = new Option(1,2); as an exampleThe populating is done as i need it to. However, a button click event i am trying to get the selectedValue of the ddlList. However, it doesn't give me it. It only gives me the selectedValue of the drop down list on first rendering. Any ideas on how i can get it?   Could You paste some code? That would be helpful. Thanks S@ss (Shashi Shekhar Singh)My BlogPlease mark a post as ANSWER ...

How -to use Client-Side Javascript example?
Can someone please point me to a good example of how to do this? Sorry, but I'm a PowerBuilder developer and still don't understand this. How can you code a javascript file to get data from the webform, use that data, and set a result back to the webform? A small example of coding the itemchanged event would be great. In my app, the user's want to be able to enter data in a field and have that trigger calculations that would populate other fields. Can someone give me or point me to a good example of how to do this? Thanks Jay Hi, Jay Read my answer in the threa...

.Net varible into client side JavaScript
I'm need to get a variable from my web app and place its value in a JavaScript. I tried doing this with a Label but I get the HTML included. I don't think I can use the <%# %> from classic ASP? Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? tbone_stl wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. It's possible to pass a variable to a javascript function. I created a small coding snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http...

How to show image when we choose the image path using Fileupload using javascript
Hello Mate,I have a file upload control and i have a image control. if i choose the image path by clicking "Browse" button from the file upload , i have to show that image in the image control and this should be done by javascript, i have to validate for only image files while setting the image url to the image control currently my code is  function setimage(obj) {var image=document.getElementById ('Image1');  document.getElementById('Image1').src= obj.value; } <asp:FileUpload Width="200px" onchange="setimage(this);" ID=&quo...

Image preview on the client side using IE7
Hi, I have an application that opens a file dialog. You can select an image and after that you can see it in a preview  image tag. The preview images on client side works fine in IE6, but not IE7.   This preview  does not need  postback to the server .   Can this script work in IE 7?  <script language="javascript"  type="text/javascript">      function ChangeLogo(obj)         {             if (obj != null)  &nb...

getting base64 encoded string using IdHttp
yes hello good to be back... so i have written a REST server in PHP to talk to my IdHttp client that base64 encodes a jpeg in order to send the data in a record "packet" of my own design. I then use a TStringList.delimitedText to read the received packet and parse the results into key/value pairs (kind of a homestyle JSON format). this is working well for all the other data, but it seems that the base64 field is being limited to 4096 bytes when i call the RawByteString thumb64 := tsServerReply.Values['base64field']; the original 'base64field' i...

Web resources about - Encoding image to base64 string using javascript? - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...