Drag and Drop like Windows Sharepoint Services?

Does anyone have code, or has anyone thought about the combination of ASP.net and javascript that would be necessary to implement client side drag and drop with server side event triggering like in Windows Sharepoint Services 2003?  I think that this would be very useful for any portal-type situation, like Dot Net Nuke for example.  Any ideas?

Josh
0
josh

looking for that also
Timothy A Carey
0
careyt
8/27/2003 11:07:22 PM
In my last ASP.NET application, I had to create a Treeview from a List.

One choice was to have two panles - tree and list - and the usual -> and <- arrows to send and remove content from one or the other.
The more user friendly Drag-n-Drop way - easy to implement in a Windows Form - seemed almost imposible to accomplish in a web.
I checked dozens of forums, and websites with tutorials on js and treview menus. Nothing came clear nor easy to elaborate.
When almost all my hopes were vanishing...... A saturday night at 2:30 AM I found www.powerupasp.net TreeView. An excellent asp.NET component that you can handle like the datagrid, and you can do anything you think of with it, for you can make template items - as the template columns in the datagrid -.
PowerUp component also supports drag-n-drop and not only inside the same treeview component but also from other controls as a datalist... a datagrid... etc.
They have excellent source samples on their website, and if you can't find what you're looking for, they will help you by mail.
It costs only 50 bucks...
Hope it helps with what your were looking for. -Bye
Nestor Leone
0
nestorleone
1/20/2004 3:41:07 PM
That's pure DHTML, nothing to do with asp.net.  I'd rather search in DHTML topic on google, there should be tons of that.
0
RusselHarvey

Drag and Drop between datawindows in .net window forms
Has anyone used drag and drop between 2 datawindows in .net window forms? If you have an example please provide. Thanks, I have found reference that explain the drag and drop operation. The problem I am running into is it appears that the current row of the datawindow gets set after the mousedown event is triggered. This is a problem since the mousedown event is used to begin a drag operation. Any ideas on how to get the current row from the datawindowMouseDown event? Thanks, Bryan <Bryan Walker> wrote in message news:44f5fd40.4212.1681692777@sybase.com... > ...

Drag and drop: need to register object/window for drag n drop mails from outlook.
Dear all, I got a problem with dragging and dropping mails from outlook into a window or an object(listiew, ...) on a window. I first tried drag and dropping files on a listview and this worked perfectly (i even got the right icon into the listview). but it seems dragging and dropping mails from outlook is a lot more difficult. the thing I want to do is to drag and drop an email from outlook and save it's message to a certain directory to begin with (maybe later I want that message to be inserted immediately into a multiline edit control) But I already found a program ...

Drag and drop: need to register object/window for drag n drop mails from outlook.
Dear all, I got a problem with dragging and dropping mails from outlook into a window or an object(listiew, ...) on a window. I first tried drag and dropping files on a listview and this worked perfectly (i even got the right icon into the listview). but it seems dragging and dropping mails from outlook is a lot more difficult. the thing I want to do is to drag and drop an email from outlook and save it's message to a certain directory to begin with (maybe later I want that message to be inserted immediately into a multiline edit control) But I already found a program ...

tab drag-and-drop window to window
Name: Allan Email: aepaleaatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: tab drag-and-drop window to window Comments: I have two screens. My left FF window has an overcrowded tab bar with tabs off-screen to the right and the left. When I drag a tab from my right FF window to my left FF tab bar I have two problems. 1) It's almost impossible to position my cursor to get the arrow which allows me to drop a tab between two existing tabs. By hovering over a tab, the target tab contents display. But (pending tab drop) even moving just one or two pixels across the boundary...

Retreive Client Domain Name on Windows Service (which acts like server)
I want to capture the client credentials on the server (which is windows service), one way i am hearing is by running the windows service under  NetworkService account?? if this is correct, could any one please help me in explaining how can i do this??i don't want client to pass his credentials via parameters, i want to figure it out on my own as and when they connect to windows service. Here credentials means: Client's UserDomain Name and Client's User Name. At least one thing if i can capture, it would be great!!!!thanks a lot if anyone can at least give their 2 cents Hi I am not ...

Get a Variable from a Web Service / Reference Client Side Windows Application
I have a Personnel Roster Management Application that I developed in ASP.Net. I would like to use a Windows Application (Personnel.exe) written in C# Visual Studios .Net as the user interface for editing and updating the personnel data as it is much nicer than the web version. The unique Identifier in the Personnel Table is “sernum” (Serial Number). When the user views a personnel record in the web application and clicks on the Update link on the web page – the Personnel.exe program would open with the correct employee information being displayed. If I store the Personnel.exe application on ...

Retreive Client Domain Name on Windows Service (which acts like server)
I am using windows service which acts like listener (Server) and which interacts with remote object.Now, client interacts (Windows Application) with Windows service.Question: How to retrieve the Client's User Domain Name on my windows service. I should be able to retrieve the client's domain name as soon as client interacts with windows service. (this is .net remoting)without passing the client's user domain name to windows service, how can i get the client info???  I think my question is bit confusing, here is wht i am looking for:I want to capture the client credentials on the serve...

how to get value from client side script Prompt window to a session var in .net
hi guyz, i hav a problem with getting a value from a client-side inputbox to a session var in .net. is this possible? however, when i click submit button this is the code that's triggered. dim sb as New System.Text.StringBuilder sb.append("<script language=" & """" & "vbscript" & """" & ">") sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append("do while xLate =" & """" & """") sb.append(vbcrlf) '//prompt window, val...

.Net windows service in windows cluster environment
Hi,We have many servers setup as a cluster. When one server crashes, anotherone take the relay... We want to know if it's possible (I suppose it is) tomake a Windows service developed with .NET 2.0 ( C #) work in a clusterenvironment. I mean, how to make sure the service will take the relay if oneserver fails. Is there something special to do or it will work by itself?(I'm not personally used to clusters) Since your question is related to a Windows service and not ASP.NET, I recommend you post on the MSDN Forums.Ryan Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanols...

Windows / Linux
> Also, any other features that > people might like to see would be good to know before I get into the > hardcore UI stuff - Steve mentioned a few things such as perhaps a program > API, or messaging API to allow programs to interact/control Spambo, so any > other options people might like would be welcome! > > Well, back to work ... > > > -Mark > http://www.analogx.com/ > Is there any plans to make this open source? I assume this going to be a single OS app (i.e. Windows OR Linux, but not both). Being able to take the operational heart of ...

Client Side Windows.Forms Control and Web Services New Session ID / Inconsistent Behavior
Hi All,  I am going nuts here and have tried everything I know, googled, read msdn docs and I am still having this problem. Basically... I have a .net Control (.dll built on windows.forms, from system control not a web control) that the client loads via <object></object> tags ala ActiveX. In the control I have a method to execute a call to a web service to collect some information. While the page is getting built and sent to the client browser I use session variables to store some info. The client .net control then calls a webService in the same applic...

Drag and Drop like PB's Sort window...so user knows exactly where row is to be inserted.
Hello, This may at first seem relatively straightforward but after careful contemplation I have found it not so straightforward...to me at least. I have seen a few posts discussing this matter, however, the solutions do not solve the problem entirely. So, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I would like to implement functionality similar to that of PB's drag and drop sort window. I would like to show a user where exactly a row is going to be inserted when it is dropped, as does PB's sort window (using the gray divider line or whatever it is). I have read suggest...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

Web resources about - Drag and Drop like Windows Sharepoint Services? - asp.net.client-side

Home - SharePoint Buzz
Turn on more accessible mode Turn off more accessible mode Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard ...

Sharepoint Outlook Email Solution - EmailFiler
Tired of uploading emails to SharePoint one by one? EmailFiler is a SharePoint email solution that lets you drag emails to SharePoint from within ...

SharePoint Magazine
Your Premier Source for SharePoint Information

Microsoft SharePoint Workspace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2010 (14.0.4761.1000) / June 15, 2010 ; 3 years ago ( 2010-06-15 ) where different organizations do not share a common security infrastructure ...

SharePoint - Collaboration Software for the Enterprise
SharePoint collaboration software helps simplify business intelligence, content management, search, and sharing for intranet and internet sites. ...

App Store - SharePlus: SharePoint Mobile Client
Get SharePlus: SharePoint Mobile Client on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

What is SharePoint? - lynda.com overview - YouTube
This web development overview explores what SharePoint is and how it works. Watch more at http://www.lynda.com/SharePoint-2010-tutorials/ess ...

International Airlines Group deploys Office 365 - IAG, lync, Sharepoint, Yammer, chief information officer ...
The International Airlines Group (IAG) has deployed Microsoft Office 365 as its business communication solution to enable anytime, anywhere collaboration ...

Six Reasons to Empower Your SharePoint Citizen Developers - CIO
Information Technology strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology.

SharePoint-Yammer integration promising, but a long-term plan - applications, Microsoft, Yammer, software ...
CIOs and IT managers tracking the progress of the SharePoint-Yammer integration got more details about the road map this week, but the updates ...