divs not appearing side by side

 Hi All,

I have two divs, both have css float left. but they are not appearing side by side in firefox, in ie it's fine. the first div is larger than the second. but there is no size set on either.

Any ideas?

0
aspd

Hi aspd,

My suggestion would be to stay away from floats due to how the render cross browser.

if you use the css display attribute you can handle the same thing like so:

1    #leftDiv
2    {
3       display: -moz-inline-block;
4       display: inline-block;
5    }
6    *:first-child + html #leftDiv
7    {
8       display: inline;
9    }
10
11   #rightDiv
12   {
13      display: -moz-inline-block;
14      display: inline-block;
15   }
16   *:first-child + html #rightDiv
17   {
18      display: inline;
19   }

Happy Coding,

SyntaxC4

*** REMINDER ***
If you find this post useful, Please click the 'Mark as Answer' Button.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
All Code is provided AS IS.

** Want Some Useful Sites **

http://www.delicious.com/SyntaxC4
0
SyntaxC4

Side By Side
Can the mail view be set up side by side instead of over(Subject ...) / under (message)? On 11/13/13 3:44 PM, OldGuy wrote: > Can the mail view be set up side by side instead of over(Subject ...) / > under (message)? Try View > Layout > Vertical View Is that what you want? -- Ken Mac OS X 10.8.5 Firefox 24.0 Thunderbird 17.0.8 LibreOffice 4.1.2.3 OldGuy wrote: > Can the mail view be set up side by side instead of over(Subject ...) / > under (message)? These are the names of the panes in a layout http://kb.mozillazine.org/Window_layout_-_Thunder...

Side-by-Side Divs
Can anyone help me with how to get this setup? I'm trying to have my lit1-3 on the left, the Img in the center, and Lit 4-6 on the right. So it might look like: lit1                   image                   lit4 lit2                                &nb...

client-side and server-side?
hi, can someone tells me how diff is client side and server side are these two? When I tried to do validation ... I would use Javascript ... which has something like: document.forms[0] ... I think that's client side. My understanding on server side is the "form" ... like u will have <form action=".." method=post> ..... </form> ... so it will send to server ... am I on the right track? Are there any other type of server side examples? Hi, ASP.NET itself is server side. Every piece of code processed is done on a server. What comes out of this is sent ...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

Server-side or Client-side
In general, I'm wondering if there are any criteria to use when choosing between using a client side element or a server side element. For example, if I'm going to put an HTML table on a page, how do I decide whether or not to use a server control?  Should the server side always be chosen or if there is not explicit server side functionality required is it better to opt for a "normal" client side table? Obviously, if there is a need for server side control the question is answered, I'm looking more at more ambiguous situations. Thanks  This is from Micros...

What is Client Side and Server Side?
I am New of ASP.Net What we can and should do client side and Server Side? What uses? Please any one clear my doubt. Thanking YouEndendrum Priyamudan P m R Clientside is basically what a person can see and serverside is where actions get processed. that's kinda simply puyt but thats the deal, you code serverside, and the html and javascript it generates let's the users for example click a button, then serverside you have coded what should happen when a button gets clicked for example turn text red. Then the server sends a new page with red text to the client (clientside...

Client side and server side
We have a application, where we have some validation on the clientside using EnableClientSideValidation. If you don't have fullscreen you can't see some of the error-messages. What we want is to jump to the place on the page where the message is displayed. One problem is that the button is a serverbutton (runat="server"). How can we accomplish this on the clientside using the same button. I have tried to use "onClientClick" and a link something like this:   <A HREF=http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=18#form>form<...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

Datagrids side by side
I have multiple datagrids I want to display on a page, and for some reason I cannot put two of them side by side. I would like two grids on line 1, and then two more below on line two. No matter what I try, I can't get them to dispaly that way. I developed everything in WebMatrix. Anyone have any ideas? Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks.Jbasebal3 Simply put the datagrids in a table, one datagrid per cell: <TABLE ID="" CLASS="" CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0"> <TR> <TD>&...

side-by-side installations
I would like to use IBuySpy for two projects that I am working on. Can anyone tell me the appropriate steps for installing IBuySpy twice? I already have one installation and I assume that have to do the following: - rename the datebase (from 'Portal' to some a unique name) - rename the PortalCSVS website under IIS (how do I do that?) - install the 2nd PortalCSVS Am I overlooking anything? DexterDexterdexterm@mindspring.com"Life isn't fair, sometimes the pretty girl doesn't get kissed..."...

Web resources about - divs not appearing side by side - asp.net.client-side

List of celebrities appearing on Entourage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In several episodes of the HBO original series, Entourage , celebrities , including actors , authors , musicians and athletes , have lent their ...

Core Audiences Targeting Options Appearing In Facebook Ads Manager
The core audiences ad-targeting options Facebook announced in February are beginning to surface in Ads Manager , allowing brands to refine their ...

Facebook Like Buttons Begin Appearing in Online Banner Ads
The Like button has been available since late April, but Facebook and some of its advertisers are taking it a logical step further in a test ...

Exclusive: Interview with Jeff Jarrett After Appearing on TNA IMPACT WR - YouTube
IMPACT WRESTLING Airs on Destination America On Wednesday Nights at 9PM E/P. Get tune information, news and more at http://www.impactwrestling.com. ...

Tony Abbott lifts ban on frontbenchers appearing on the ABC's Q&A program
Federal government ministers have been given a green light by Prime Minister Tony Abbott to appear on the ABC program Q&amp;A again.

9 science-backed tricks for appearing smarter than you are
Warning: You might have to give up beer.

Police investigating video appearing to show anti-Semitic chants by West Ham fans
Tottenham have described as "vile and unacceptable" a video appearing to portray West Ham United fans chanting an anti-Semitic song.

Channel Seven reviewing Mark Latham appearing on Sunrise - DailyTelegraph Search Search
HE has quit his Financial Review column, and it seems former federal Labor leader Mark Latham’s status us a commentator on Channel Seven’s Sunrise ...

GWS midfielder Toby Greene faces scrutiny after appearing to spit at Anthony Miles
GWS coach Leon Cameron has staunchly defended the character of midfielder Toby Greene after the Giant appeared to spit in the direction of Richmond's ...

Tony Abbott and Q&A: Before the boycott Abbott loved appearing on the ABC show
... his cabinet ministers to boycott the program, but it wasn't always this way. Long before Malcolm Turnbull electrified Twitter by appearing on ...