displaying client side message box

i want to dispaly the system.Windows.Forms.MessageBox in the client side computer..  i try this code but when i excute it, i is displaying in  server not in the client computer how am i going to do this.

thanks in advance
0
eric82

What kind of application are we talking about?  Where is the code located?

Brian
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
3/22/2005 11:56:39 AM
like this im using asp.net i want to  execute asp.net function.

ex.

public sub save()

end sub

i want this function to be executed after the user click the yes button in message box if they want to save the record. how im going to integrate this with vbscript this function save() this code as code behind of the webform. is posibble??.
0
eric82
3/22/2005 1:00:11 PM
Yes, you can add script or call script methods within a page through:

Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock("confirm", "<script language='javascript'>script</script>")
However, the problem is that the script will need to invoke a postback. I haven't done this before. I know you can register postback events for controls... Mainly because you have to postback to access the server code so you can invoke the save method.
Brian
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains
3/22/2005 3:01:07 PM
yah  know how to execute the script in webform but the problem is does this script can execute the function save in webform??? how??.
0
eric82
3/23/2005 8:16:37 AM
No I don't, and I'm not sure it is possible through a confirm statement...  Maybe if you wrote a function that if the user confirms your request, it submits the form, which does the postback, and you can recognize that somehow.  I can envision this, but without having done it, I can't honestly figure it out......

Most of the approaches taken were like for a delete button in a datagrid.
Brian
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

Web resources about - displaying client side message box - asp.net.client-side

List of birds displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This list includes birds for which there is documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior of one or more of the following kinds: ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

Displaying calorie labels at fast-food restaurants doesn't appear to work: study
While the high calorie counts of artery-clogging fast foods are often printed right in front of our eyes, most people ignore them and go ahead ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Google begins displaying “Listen Now” ads for streaming music services (including Beats) in search results ...
... , Streaming Music Continue reading more about Apps , Google , and Spotify at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google begins displaying ...