diasbling controls via javascript client-side

hi,

  is it possible to disable a complete <div> by using a client-side javascript ?

  if so how ?

 at the moment i am having to make the <div> visible/non-visible. I would rather just disable it so that the
 user can see that there is another option available if they choose.

cheers.

0
ubique

Ya, you can. Give an ID for your DIV ( is it <asp:Panel> ?). Then in your JavaScript,

document.getElementById("MyDIV").disabled = true;

Alternatively, you can enable/disable the DIV (Panel) using ASP.NET instead.
Alvin Chooi
Microsoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia
Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com
0
alvinz_c

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

setting server controls properties via client side javascript
can I set server side controls properties using client side javascript functions If so - can you point me to code examples please ? To communicate client-side changes to server-side objects, you have to use a hidden input as a helper to hold those changes and then handle the returned changes server-side.  IIRC, the QuickStarts had an example of persisting client-side changes.  So, that would be a good place to start......

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

Question re: accessing web control values via client-side javascript
This block of variables gets generated dynamically from my _PreRender event of my formView : <SCRIPT Language='JavaScript'>  var chkInvertAliasID = 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_FormView1_chkEditInvert';  var chkAct_CurAliasID = 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_FormView1_chkEditAct_Cur';  var radBuy_SellAliasID = 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_FormView1_radioEditBuySell'; </SCRIPT> Now on the client-side I get a handle to above-declared var's : function QuoteConvention(obj) {         var objChkInvert = document.getElementById(chkInv...

server side variables in client side javascript
I want to use an ASP.net variable in client side javascript.In regular asp I used hidden fields.what is the best way to do this in ASP.NET ?thx,Intersee my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org By and large, I personally still use Hidden fields to store information, that either my Javascript function or my code-behind use.  I barely use the RegisterScriptBlock method(s) and that is only for situations where I want to be really dynamic with the client side functionality.  95% of the time, I can still use a...

Client Side Javascript and Dynamic Client Ids
I have a gridview that has an edit row.  When I click on edit... It pops up a inline window with modal functionality in the css... I want to fire off a webservice to bring back data to populate the input fields on the form I created... one catch I created a tab container with panels to separate out the keyed in information... So, I found that the .net is doing this to the inputs...  <input name="ctl00$cphMainBody$tcEmployeeDetails$TabPanel1$txtFirstName" type="text" maxlength="25" id="ctl00_cphMainBody_tcEmployeeDetails_TabPanel1_txtFirstNa...

Server-side versus Client-side controls?
Hi, I'm new to ASP.NET, and I was wondering how negligible the performance impact of using server-side controls over client-side controls is? Should I avoid using server-side controls and use client-side ones whereever I can? Or should I not care? From apurely aesthetic point-of-view, it would be nice to use mostly all server-side controls to keep everything consistent. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks. There are up's and down's of both server-side and client side controls.  Read this article and you will have a better understanding on which is better.http://www.eggh...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

How to access all the methods of server controls and infragistics controls from client-side javascript.
I have some web controls on my page, which i want to manipulate without going to the server, that is, from a client-side javascript. I know how to call them with the documents.forms.... but i do not know how to call their methods. For the text box, the method to manipulate it is 'value'. It's a property i think. for the html <select> it is the 'options' array. But for the others, I dont know.My question is the following:I have an infragistics control: the UltraWebTree.This is its code in html: <ignav:ultrawebtree id="UltraWebTree1" style="Z-INDEX: 108; LEFT: 352p...

Web resources about - diasbling controls via javascript client-side - asp.net.client-side

Client-side - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Client-side refers to operations that are performed by the client in a client–server relationship in a computer network . Typically, a client ...

Senior Search Manager - Client Side!!
... strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology. Senior Search Manager - Client Side ...

Account Manager - Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!

Media Sales Executive - Client Side!!
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

PPC Paid Search Manager - CLIENT SIDE
Defining Technology for Australia's IT Leaders. PPC Paid Search Manager - SEM - **CLIENT SIDE** Sydney CBD Location Client side!! SEM/PPC/Paid ...

How Basecamp Next got to be so damn fast without using much client-side UI
When we started working on Basecamp Next last year, we had much internal debate about whether we should evolve the existing code base or rewrite ...

Seven Tips for Pitching From the Client's Side of the Table
I had a chance to sit on the other side of the pitch table. Here is what I learned.

Client-side coding: How to prevent malicious use?
Applications that run on a user-controlled device cannot be perfectly protected.

The client side
... regarding the professionals you seek to assist. Even better if you possess that understanding yourself, having worked on the client side. I'm ...

Ecommerce traffic being hijacked by client side malware
According to new research 15 to 30 percent of eCommerce site visitors are infected with Client Side Injected Malware (CSIM) that causes them ...