Calling server-side methods from client-side event

Hello,
i'm novice in asp.net client-side script and i have a simple question: is it possibile to call a server-side method (ex. c# managed code) from a java script client-side function linked to an event?
Thanks all

Luca Guccione
Genova, Italy
0
lucaguccione
10/22/2008 12:56:27 PM
📁 asp.net.client-side
📃 24353 articles.
⭐ 2 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2169 Views

Yes you can. It's very easy using web methods from code behind, jquery and the script manager. See this very good blog post explaining the steps:
http://encosia.com/2008/05/29/using-jquery-to-directly-call-aspnet-ajax-page-methods/

mySoZa
0
zahsot
10/22/2008 1:50:10 PM

lucaguccione:

Hello,

i'm novice in asp.net client-side script and i have a simple question: is it possibile to call a server-side method (ex. c# managed code) from a java script client-side function linked to an event?

Thanks all

The only way is by using AJAX or a PostBack.
NC...

0
NC01
10/22/2008 2:24:29 PM

HI lucaguccione
I agree with NC, the link post by zahsot show us how to do an AJAX call by jQuery, not really "directly".
Thanks.

Lance Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Lance
10/27/2008 11:20:22 AM

Lance Zhang - MSFT:

HI lucaguccione

I agree with NC, the link post by zahsot show us how to do an AJAX call by jQuery, not really "directly".

Thanks.

It also doesn't relate very well to a novice as 1. You need to understand AJAX and 2. you need to know JQuery, neither being that easy for even veterans in web applications.
NC...

0
NC01