calling javascript function on aspx page from somefunction in code behind

can i call a javascript function on aspx page from somefunction in code behind

like say
CodeBehindFunction()
{
x =a;
myJSFuncOnaspxPage();

}
thanks
red
0
red60man

Add this code where you want to invoke the function
Me.RegisterStartupScript("KEY", "<script language=""JavaScript"">" & vbCrLf & _
vbTab & " myJSFuncOnaspxPage(); " & vbCrLf & "</script>")
In this KEY is just a key and u can use any word.

If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.

ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog
0
anzer
3/23/2005 3:48:06 AM

vbTab & " myJSFuncOnaspxPage(); " & vbCrLf & "</script>")
vbCrLf ,vbTab are they different if i am coding in C#
thanks
red
0
red60man

Setting width for .net controls in code(.aspx) page using function call in code behind..
Hi,  Currently I am trying to set the width of the asp.net Table as follows. <asp:Table width="<%=GetWidth()%>" >   and code behind protected Unit GetWidth() { return Unit.Percentage(50); }     It's not working. I know that it works if I set the width complete on some page event(like page_load) of code behind....   Is there a way to maintain the same syntax like calling code behind function in design page...i.e. calling function of .aspx.cs in .aspx page and assign the width as shown above.   Thanks and regards, Giridhar...

Calling a Form Code-Behind function using Javascript from the Client Side
Hi,Is there any way to call a function in the form codebehind from the client side using javascript? If yes, how? How to send parameters?Thanks. Try reading this article.  It is kind of the opposite of what you are trying to do but maybe it will help.http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1027513&page=1Hope this helps,MattADV Enterpriseswww.adventerprises.net do a view source on the page and you most liekly will see a do post back function. You can call that with JavaScript and it forces the page back. You can send parameters back by placing them inside of hidden form e...

function call inside aspx page for function in code behind not executing?
Hi,  I converted an asp.net .NET 1.1 web application to .NET 2.0 framework.The original .NET 1.1 page runs fine. The webpage has a datagrid, when a label control tries to be populated by a null value I get the following error:Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Date' is not valid. the code on the aspx page: <asp:Label id="Label1" runat="server">        <%# AppDateFormat(DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.start_Date")) & " - " & AppDateFormat(DataBinder.Eval(Container,...

how to call javascript function written within js file from server side code (code behind file) ?
Hi, I have js file containing all javascript functions required for my page. I am using ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript to call javascript from code behind file. But for this i must  specify all javascript code from code behind file only. For eg.  if i use Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(typeof(System.String), this.ClientID + "_Init", strScript); where strScript contains <script>alert("hi");</script>, on page_Init event, this script is called. But when same script is embeded within a function  and i try to give function name in ...

Calling code-behind functions from aspx page
Hi, I’ve been struggling for the last few hours over something I think should be very basic: Q: How do I call a C# function in my codebehind file from my .aspx file? Please refer to the code highlighted in yellow below. Is this the correct way to call a codebehind function? I keep getting an error "Literal content ('</asp:MenuItem>') is not allowed within a 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.MenuItemCollection'" Here’s a snippet in my .aspx file: <asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server">    <S...

How to call server side(C#) function from Client side(Javascript) function?
Hi i have used below functions,  function HandleOnClose() {// this function will be called after clicking browsers close button in Internet explorer if (event.clientY < 0) { event.returnValue = 'Are you sure you want to leave the page?'; } // if he clicks ok then i need to call one server side function in this instance.. else not. } <body onbeforeunload="HandleOnClose()" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">other controls in page..</div>  How to achieve this? Thanks MS AJAX Extensions would be the option of choice here. Combined with webservices you can...

call javascript function from code behind with vb.net
I have a javascript function in the head section of a form. From the code behind of this form, I want to call the function with vb.net. How do I do this? Thanks. Page.RegisterStartupScript.Bertrand----This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

VB.NET
Hi, I've been looking for a solution for a while now and haven't been very successful so hopefully someone can help me out here. I have a timer on my aspx page which starts at 4 hours and goes all the way to 0 hours 0 minutes and 0 seconds remaining. I need to call a function in my code behind when there is only 1 hour remaining.How can i call this function from javascript. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!Ravina BrarSoftware DeveloperUniversity Of Alberta--------------------------The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Rob...

How to call Javascript function library from code-behind page?
We are working on a project that will constantly use client side javascript from the c# code behind pages and we are thinking of creating a Javascript library to centralize all the client script functions. How to define a .js library file and how can we easily call a javascript function inside that .js file from the c# coding? Can anyone point me to a good tutorial site or provide some samples? Many thanks, The only way you can 'call a javascript function from c#' is like this: In your c# protected void YourButton_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { Page.Regi...

Call codebehind method from aspx page OR call javascript function of usercontrol control from page
Hi, I have a page which contains a user control.  When a user clicks on a submit button, I'd like to detect when elements in the user control have changed and popup a message box if changes have been detected to confirm if the user wants to save the changes. Obviously the message box is executed using javascript.  But I'd really like to be able to call a method in the code behind of the page which queries the user control if it has changed.  Is there a way of calling the code behind method from within a javascript function? Otherwise, if I make all the functions execut...

Is it possible to call client side function from server side code without initial client request?
Atlas is great. I'm using timer to periodically check database changes on server to populate client side controls with new data. Is it possible to do it without a lot of client requests to server which takes a huge useless network traffic? Server should call client side function on all connected clients when, for example, 'database updated' event occurs on server. Thanks. Hi~ Just for your interest, I think you could have a look at Comet, many web IM like Gmail's embeded Gtalk and meebo.com are built on this architecture你好! Just FYI o_O...

How to call a code behind function in user control from parent aspx page
Hi folks: Beginner needs help. I have a web user control and has a simple function "callme()" in it. This user control is added to an aspx page.How can I call  function "callme()" when a button is clicked in the aspx page?Any help  is greatly appreciated! Thanks!        Web hosting coupons Make the CallMe method public and in your ASPX button click event call <usercontroldid>.CallMe(). Hope that helpsThanksGaneshIf you find my reply help you Mark it Answered. just for html view of the aspx page. See th...

calling a function in code behind from anchor tag of a link in aspx page

Call client side function from server side code
My problem is that in some point of the VB.Net code I need to call a function defined in vbScript, for example: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click   'There's some code here....   ' ...   If (SomeCondition) Then   'HERE'S WHERE I NEED TO CALL THE JAVASCRIPT FUNCTION... SO HOW CAN I DO THAT?   Else     '...   End If   ' ... End Sub The asp.net code runs to generate the html and when it is done the html is rendered in your browser. So you can't access cli...

Web resources about - calling javascript function on aspx page from somefunction in code behind - asp.net.client-side

Hottest 'naming-conventions' Answers - Stack Overflow
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

Perl 6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is still in development as a specification from which several interpreter and compiler implementations are being written. It is introducing ...

Nietzsche, Genealogy of Morals: Second Essay, Guilt, Bad Conscience, and Related Matters
Tobreed an animal that is entitled to make promises —is that not preciselythe paradoxical task nature has set itself where human beings are concerned?Isn’t ...

A-EON Technology Ltd
December 2012 Warp3D driver status update We had planned to release the Warp3D driverbefore the year end but circumstance beyond our control ...

MacWorld Expo San Francisco 2001
Ars Technica. Power users and the tools they love, without computing religion. Oh yeah, did we mention we are unassailable computing enthusiasts. ...

JavaScript FTW: Episode 2: Classes and Inheritance (and why it matters!)
As we discussed last time, if we have code that's disorganized and difficult to debug, coding performance and scalability optimizations becomes ...

Why Are There So Many C++ Testing Frameworks?
... verify that an int value is in a given range: bool IsInRange(int value, int low, int high) { return low } ... EXPECT_TRUE(IsInRange(SomeFunction(), ...

mohebifar/xto6 · GitHub
... readable ES6 var SomeClass = function () { console .log ( ' This is the constructor. ' );}; SomeClass . prototype . someOuterMethod = someFunction; ...

Google Reader - robdiana's shared items
Here’s the scenario: you create a form, you have a script that triggers onFormSubmit and all is well... until it gets popular. Occasionally you ...

Bit Banding in the STM32
... unsigned int flags; // doesn't have to be volatile... #define FLAGS_B0 varGetBit(flags,0) #define FLAGS_B1 varGetBit(flags,1) void someFunction ...