Acessing variables,arrays, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms

I have a textbox where user can put data.I store data into an array .I did this with java script.now i want to acess the array from the Codebehind  in vb.net web pages.

here is the code

function MakeArray( n ) { if( n <= 0 ) { this.length = 0; return this; } this.length = n; for( var i = 1; i <= n; i++ ) { this[ i ] = 0; } return this; } var Form1 = new MakeArray( 25 ); var index = 0; var cmmnd = 1; function f_store( sTR ) { var i; if( index >= Form1.length ) { for( i = 1; i < Form1.length; i++ ) Form1[i-1] = Form1Idea [I]; index = Form1.length - 1; } Form1[ index ] = cmmnd + ":" + sTR; ++cmmnd; ++index; document.Form1.command.value=""; }

plz help me

courseware
0
courseware

Hello,

basically, you could pack those array values into a colon (or the like) separated string, then put it into a hidden field for postback. On the server side, just do a String.Split.

HTH. -LV

Julio P. Di Egidio
Software Analyst Programmer
=BUSINESS AND SCIENTIFIC=
=SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT=
http://julio.diegidio.name

(Peace X Love] = [++1)
0
LudovicoVan

Acessing variables, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have included some javascript files in my vb.net application. I want to access the variables, objects and functions of Javascript to the VB.NET Web Forms, which means that I want to transfer the methods from Javascript to the code-behind in a web form. How do I do this? Can anybody help me with some sample codes...thanks in advance . you can't pass javascript variables (client side) to code-behind (server side). you can however put your variables into hidden input fields then access those input fields from code-behind. or use ajax I think the only way to do this is...

Javascript variable to VB.Net Variable
Could someone please point me to a way to pass a string that is contained in a Javascript variable over to a Visual Basic.Net variable? If something already exists in the Forums I could not find it through the search. Thanks in advance, Welcome to the ASP.NET Forums, Haywire. The following article shows how you can pass Javascript information back to your server-side code: How postbacks work in ASP.NETAlister...

Passing an array from VB.NET to an existing Javascript function
Hello all,I'm trying to figure this out without giving myself a headache.  I need to create an array in VB.NET (this will change throughout the application depending on the location that is selected) and pass it to an existing Javascript function.  I have not written the Javascript function yet, but need to figure out how to get the array first.  I've been searching for an answer for this for the last couple days and cannot find what I'm looking for.  I've seen RegisterHiddenField, and tried that, but it will not let me use an array.  It gives me an e...

Perform JavaScript Client Side Confirmation from a VB.NET DataGrid
Hi, I when I delete an item from the database through a Datagrid I want to get a messagebox popingup to give me the choise to Confirm it...in case I clicked the wrong item....the way it works now it just deletes it....can any one help me with an Example I have no Idea how to do this...I found an article in C# but it didnt help me at all. here is my source code <asp:DataGrid ID="dgCustList" Runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyField="id" AlternatingItemStyle-BackColor="#F6F6F6" HeaderStyle-BackColor="#C4B58E" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="2" GridLines="Vertical" Width="100%"...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Need help converting a C#/.NET method into client-side (javascript) function
Hey Guys, I have implemented an AJAX Toolkit CalendarExtender.  I have a method 'CheckDate' in javascript (followed a tut!) that checks to see if the user selected a date > DateTime.Now(). Well, I have a few other things to check but not sure how to do them in javascript, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.  I mean, i can somewhat convert it but it'll be too mangled, I'd rather learn the right way.  I'm attaching the code and any help will be appreciated.  1 protected string CheckDateErrors(string dateGiven) 2 ...

Converting VB.NEt array to two d Javascript array
How can this be accomplished.I have a dataset that is an array in vb.net I need to access it in Javascript client side code function.How can one be passed to the other? Hey, Look at the Page.RegisterArrayBlock (or something like that) function, which is a member of the page class, but can be called in the page or in server controls, etc. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4)....

javascript (id) and passing value from vb.net to javascript function
using vb.net 2005 I am modifying existing (wrote by someone else) code. There is a javascript function in my program: <CODE> function SomeTimePicker_OnFocus(id) { .... </CODE> but when the attribute is set to refer to this function there is no reference to (id) <CODE> someControl.AddAttribute("OnFocus", "SomeTimePicker_OnFocus();") </CODE> I mention this because I need to create a new version of this javascript functionand I need the (id) to remain there but I also want to pass in an integer valueto the javascript function. Questions: 1...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

Web resources about - Acessing variables,arrays, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms - asp.net.client-side