"Yes"/"No" Message Box Untied to a Control

I need to be able to prompt the user of an ASP.NET page for a “Yes” or “No” answer depending on levels of certain variables.  This requires a message box, similar to a JavaScript client side confirm message, but not tied to any control. Further processing on the page is to depend on the answer returned. I have not been able to find any way to do this. Help would be most appreciated.
0
bstanley

-wire up your prompt to a button click or something

btn.attributes("onclick")= "javascript:myFunction()"
-in your javascript function I would set the value from your prompt to a hidden field on your form
-submit your page from javascript ( document.form1.submit() )
-check for hidden field value from page_load on server side, and take appropriate actions
0
bboyko
3/30/2004 10:35:25 PM
Thanks for the input. The very point, however, is that I do not want to wire up to a button_click. In this case, the application involves individuals entering dates that they will work against a number of required days. If an individual under-schedules, I want to be able to prompt him/her as: "You have not scheduled your required number of days. Do you want to rectify the situation? Click "Yes" to schedule more dates; click "No" to submit your schedule as is." In other words, the message box is fired when variable "NmbrDaysSched"  < "NmbrDaysRqrd".
0
bstanley
3/30/2004 11:28:05 PM
Why not use a CustomValidator?  Do your calculation on the client and suppress the PostBack until the page's data is valid.
0
stiletto

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

confirmation message box "Yes" or "No" in the code behind?
Hello, I want to implement the comfirmation message box with 2 control buttons "Yes" or "No" in the code behind. How do I do it? If a user clicks "Yes" on the confirmation box, I want to display something to a user and if a user clicks "No", another confirmation message box pop up for additional choices. How do I get 2 control buttons on the confirmation message box work if either one is clicked.  Thanks       I don't quite know what you mean when you say you want it in the code behind. There's no way to implement som...

how to have a "yes", "no", "cancel" in javascript with c#?
 how to use a "yes", "no", "cancel" message box to allow user select. Javascript you have only Yes and Cancel see belowfunction callAlert() {if (confirm('Are you sure you want to Delete?')) {alert("Yes"); } else {alert("No"); } }   To Get Yes No Cancel you will have to use VBScript <script language="VBscript"> ' Buttons Yes, No, and CancelDim box box = MsgBox ("Are You Sure?", 35, "Dialog Title") </script>  MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP A...

"To" and "From" missing

Confirmation Box with "Yes" and "No" Button
Hi I am using Confirmation Box in my application Instead of "ok" and "cancel" I want to display "Yes" and "No" in Confirmation Box Buttons Is there any way to do it Please help me out  I dont tkink it is possible to customize confirmation baox like that.Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you One option is to build your own HTML page with these two buttons and show it modally (showModalDialog) and get the results.Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem. Hi, Take a look over here: h...

double quote
hello there...  i tried everything of think but not working the way i wanted to be... not sure what i'm missing...i'm generating a <span> in code behind and then using in javascript.... here is what i'm doing code behind: int i=0string _keywordID = "keyword";string _name = row["visit_info_nm"].ToString().Trim(); String _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = \"document.getElementById('{1}').value='{2}';\">{3}</span><br>", i, _keywordID, _name, _name); here is what it generate : <span id='1' OnClick = \"document.getElementById('keyword').value='First Day';\">First Day</span>and i copy the above line and paste in a html like this.. <input type="text" id="keyword"><span id='1' OnClick = \"document.getElementById('keyword').value='First Day';\">First Day</span>i get error:Unterminated string constant what i'm missing?Its all about coding! This:String _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = \"document.getElementById Should beString _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = ""document.getElementById The escape for a " is to double it in vb.net "" Curt_C: This:String _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = \"document.getElementById Should beString _getElementByID = String.Format("<span id='{0}' OnClick = ""document.getElementById The escape for a " is to double it in vb.net "" does not work.. . here is what i'm doing..Stri...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

Using "+" or "||"
Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, I've gotten into the habit of using "||" in ISQL to indicate a string concatenation. I needed to paste my SQL statement into the PowerBuilder script painter for some embedded SQL, and PB didn't like the "||" very much at all. I changed it to "+" and it seems to be ok. Do these two operators indicate ~exactly~ the same thing? moin, afaik these two's are not the same! if you're using "||" and any term is NULL then in the resultstring the term will be ignored if you use "+" then the resutlstring is NULL mfg ========================== andatec gesellschaft f�r angewandte datentechnik mbh Ruwoldtweg 15 22309 hamburg --------------------------------------- Dipl.-Ing. G�nther Jungbluth gjungbluth@andatec.de ========================== "Rick Charnes" <rick.charnes@state.ma.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:MPG.131a21059f288db49896ba@forums.powersoft.com... > Using SQLAnywhere 5.5.04, I've gotten into the habit of using "||" in > ISQL to indicate a string concatenation. I needed to paste my SQL > statement into the PowerBuilder script painter for some embedded SQL, and > PB didn't like the "||" very much at all. I changed it to "+" and it > seems to be ok. Do these two operators indicate ~exactly~ the same > thing? You are comparing two different "languages" here: Powe...

"Me" is better than "You"

"Using" or "With"

replace the "." with a ","

"-" not "_"

"JROC" / "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ"
I just started a new contract and the tech lead told me that he wanted me to become familiar with something called "JROC" (among some other tools). I've been searching the web and I haven't found any dev tool called "JROC." Based on the name of the tool, it sounds like it encapsulates some javascript functionality. I have tried searching for different spellings - "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ" but I haven't found any matches. Have you ever heard of a dev tool by this name?...

pulling out "a","an", "the" from beginning of strings
I need to pull out articles "a", "an", and "the" from the beginning of title strings so that they sort properly in MySQL. What is the best way to accomplish that if I have a single $scalar with the whole title in it? Thanks, Tim -- Tim McGeary tim.mcgeary@lehigh.edu --=-weUphL4mkB1WR5g+DMDc Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 15:04, Tim McGeary wrote: > I need to pull out articles "a", "an", and "the" from the beginning of=20 >...

"SSL" "Mail" and "Code"
Does anybody know of any discussions taking place within Mozilla regarding these 3 bits in the certificate manager? Perhaps I've missed something in the discussions here. In any case, I think a new mechanism for indicating trust w/in the Mozilla apps are needed. Take for example the "StartCom Certification Authority" root. The Certificate Manager (I'm using Firefox on Windows) says it can identify web sites, email users, and code yet the cert itself says it can only be used for signing other certs (essentially, that is). At a minimum this is confusing but I have...

How to "shrink" and "expand" controls?
In our application, I need to hide/show some controls that hold information. When users "hide" the controls, I want the controls to shrink to save space on the page. When users "show" the controls, I want the controls to expand and "push" down other controls below them. How can I do that? Which control(s) should I pick to do this? Should I use WebForm controls or HTML controls? Thank you very much! Hi,   this is a nice effect and could be done in many ways. In the following example, I have used a <div> (divContent) as the content panel where you can put your web controls,...

Proposal: Move "Mozilla Labs" from "" to "Client Software"
The "Other Applications" product, containing ChatZilla, DOM Inspector etc. is in the "Client Software" Classification. It seems to make sense to have the "Mozilla Labs" product (which contains Joey and Operator at the moment) in the same Classification, rather than the current "Client Support". Doesn't it? Gerv On Jun 15, 7:31 pm, Gervase Markham <g...@mozilla.org> wrote: > The "Other Applications" product, containing ChatZilla, DOM Inspector > etc. is in the "Client Software" Classification. It seems to...

Swap a "1" or "0" for a "Y" or "N"
I have a sql query that returns rows of data and one field returns a 1 (which means yes) or a 0 (which means no).  On my vb.net page, how do I replace the 1 with a Yes and the 0 with a No?  Or do I do this in the sql?  How do I do this in sql?Never make important decisions on a Monday! By default, VB.Net can understand 1 as Yes and 0 as No.I believe you are using those DB values for your Boolean Operations.Try to use If <DBValue> then <Operation>. If you are really need Yes/No .... Declare boolean variable in VB.net and set those variables. Thanks and R...

Message "pending" and "transfer delayed" messages
My users are receiving message pending and trasfer delayed messages on about 10 out of 1000 messages. On the GWIA we are geting DMN send failed 421.1.1 the firewall couldn't contact "domain" I have traced the SMTP e-mail from the GWIA to the firewall and can see the SMTP message go out via the logs. Any ideas? Dan Hi Dan.... Wow...the brewers use GroupWise :)........I'm right down the road from ya at MATC. Anyway....are the delayed messages typically to the same domain? If so, try doing an NSLOOKUP and check out the domain itself and the...

"0E0 messages" vs "0 messages"
I just noticed one of the inormational messages in tkmail changed from "0 messages ..." to "0E0 messages" when running under 5.005_62+ - it is no big deal but looks odd. What has happened to stringifying things in _62 ? The modules and such should be the same as I was using in _60+ -- Nick Ing-Simmons On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 20:29:25 BST, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote: >I just noticed one of the inormational messages in tkmail >changed from "0 messages ..." to "0E0 messages" >when running under 5.005_62+ - it is no big deal but >...

How to adopt: Dim rowValues As Object() = {"","",""}?
Hi guys! I'm trying to adopt the code from the Editable Data Grid template. My underlying table has 3 columns: 1st: int(4), identity, autoincrement; 2nd:datetime(8); 3rd:varchar. What do I need to specify in Dim rowValues As Object() = {"","",""} instead of the first and second "" to get rid of the System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format… Thanks ...

Web resources about - "Yes"/"No" Message Box Untied to a Control - asp.net.client-side