MS SQL Server 2005 to MS Access

Hello...I have one big problem with this kit: my hoster doesn't provide a MS SQL database support so i can't even try this example. It is possible to convert SQL Server database (mdf) to MS Access database (mdb)??

0
Laserson
8/3/2007 5:00:07 PM
asp.net.classified-starter-kit 974 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's not easy to migrate this particular kit over to Access, as it relies on stored procedures, which Access doesn't support.  That means you would have to re-write the DAL at the very least.  You can replicate the basic stored procs as saved queries, but anything that returns a value, or contains any type of control of flow code (such as if... else or Case ) or Sql Server specific functions like CHAR or CAST will need to be redone entirely

I'm not aware of anything that would automate the database conversion process from SQL Server to Access, so you would probably have to build your Access db from scratch too.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

Paging records in SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, MS Access and MySQL
As a Web developer, you should know by now that using the default paging capabilities of ASP.NET Webcontrols like  DataGrid and GridView is NOT recommended, simply because with every roundtrip to the data-server, you get ALL the records ALL of the time. This is fine perhaps for very small databases (the kind, say, a Microsoft programmer would use to develop a new feature), but in the real, ugly world outside, databases tend to have tables with several tenthousands of records. Hence the need for custom paging in a WebControl. Custom paging poses 2 problems : How to get a page of re...

MS Access SQL migration to MS SQL Server TSQL
got some MS Access SQL Code that needs converting into TSQL: SELECT dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName, Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Completed, Count([pkServiceID])-Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Uncompleted, Count(dbo_MyServiceRequests.pkServiceID) AS TotalCount FROM dbo_qryMyServices LEFT JOIN dbo_MyServiceRequests ON dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID = dbo_MyServiceRequests.PostType GROUP BY dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName ORDER BY dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName; because it's Access and got V...

MS SQL Server to MS Access
I have DNN 3.x working with MS SQL Server.  Is there a prescribed way of converting to MS Access?  Currently,  there is no DataProvider for MS Access from DNN Core ...

install MS VISUAL STUDIO 2005 & MS SQL SERVER 2005 on Vista
Hi All, I just bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium & I want to install the following :1- MS VISUAL STUDIO 2005  2- MS SQL SERVER 2005.Could any one help me to install it step by step. I'm still ont-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-alt:"Calisto MT"; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-alt:"Century Gothic"; mso-font-c...

MS Access, MS SQL Express, MS SQL when you should use wich version?
Hi, I'm planning to make a website for a in first part a small user group. There needs to displayed some data in the database.But because the hostings party advices Acces.I like MS SQL Express more, because the size of the visitors is getting very big. The meaning of the project is to make a big website for the complete country. But i can use Access, it works, but does anyone know till how much visitors you can use access, and MS SQL Express ?Of course MS SQL is very nice, but its also very heavy to get a licence.The website is made for free and we need to run it in spare time, also for...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Accessing MS SQL Server 2005
------_=_NextPart_001_01C67E7B.AD406BF6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need to talk to MS SQL Server 2005 (from windows running activestate version 5.8) Besides ADO and OLE, what other options might be available? Any geographic information related to binaries/source locations/installations would be helpful.=20 Also, I've read about Jeff Urlwin's DBD-ODBC but was unable to install to windows using the cpan module for some reason. And the activestate repository version is quite deprecated. I was wonderin...

Converting an OLE object from MS Access To MS SQL Server
I'm need to either: 1. access a OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access. 2. convert an OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access to MS SQL Sever. I've been having little luck with either. Any good suggestions or alternatives. Thanks In Advance, Mark S. Hi Ya Mark - I'm still plugging away here at the Access Group. Is your problem that you can't open the object from within Access? If not, perhaps you don't have the right MS software installed. I have had some problems opening Word95 docs that have been saved in Access from my Word97 PC. Is ...

Sybase SQL Anywhere, MS SQL Server 7, & MS Win2K Server
Can Sybase SQL Anywhere (or Adaptive Server Anywhere) and Microsoft SQL Server 7 run together on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server? ...

How to Upgrade MS-SQL 2005 Express Edition To MS-SQL 2005 Developers Edition
Hey, i am using VS2008 for development. I have already installed MS-SQL2005 Express Edition on my machine. I would like to upgrade it to Developer Edition. I have a few databases in Express Edition which i want to migrate to developer edition. So i was thinking if anyone could help me with upgrading my express edition to developer edition. I would highly appreciate it. ThanksJeff The simplest way is to just back your database(s) up, then restore them onto the Developer Edition instance of SQL Server....

Classifieds Starter Kit in MS Access DB
Hi Like victor changed database of personal starter kit from sql to ms access, do any one of you know classifieds starter kit in MS ACCESS database ? Please Mark as Answer if this tip solved your problem Hmmm, I am also planning to change this to MS access db. So any Idea where should I touch the code as there are no Stored procedure faciolity available in MS Access. Regards,AKS.(Please mark as answer if reply helps)Convert Multiple Links into One LinkPost Free Classified Ad Well first off you'll need to change the connection strings in the web.config. If this doest ...

Web resources about - MS SQL Server 2005 to MS Access - asp.net.classified-starter-kit

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server
Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server

Hyperscale infrastructure and server-based storage continue to drive spending in enterprise storage ...
... (ODMs) that sell directly to hyperscale datacenters. This portion of the market was up 23.4% on year to US$1.3 billion. Sales of server-based ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Rack Architecture, x86 Systems Helped Drive Q3 Server Growth
Third-quarter numbers from IDC and Gartner analysts show that the server space is growing, not only in terms of revenue but also in shipments. ...

Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge
Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge