Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports - Having Trouble Getting Crystal Reports to be recognized

Hi,
I am working with Win XP home, Cassini and VS.Net.
I would like to play with some Crystal Reports.
I create the report in VS as CrystalReport1.
I put a CrystalReportViewer on my web form. It does not get recognized as a defined object type but there are no build errors.
When I run the app I get an error: Type 'CrystalReport1' is not defined.
I have googled on this and see several things people have suggested/tried to correct this. Most I have already tried or the suggestions are not very clear to me.
Then I came across a msg that instructed me to set up virtual directories for IIS for CrystalReports. So this got me to wondering if I need to do something similar for Cassini or if these items can all work together at all.
Many thanks for your suggestions.
0
DGasp
8/25/2005 11:21:19 PM
📁 asp.net.cassini-web-server
📃 484 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2329 Views

Hi,

You need to turn the report into a web service, this information is provided on the Crystal Reports website (know owned by business objects).
I got it working under both IIS on xp pro and cassini (make sure the application dll and web.config file go in the cassini bin.)
Regards
Mark Worsfold MCP
http://www.webspecit.co.uk
0