Logging Application Block not writing to Event Log on Windows 2000 SP4

Hi.  I am having issues logging to the Event Log.  Although my code is able to log in the Event Log n my Windows XP box with VS2005, when I deploy to the DEV machine it does not.  The DEV box has Windows Server 2000 SP4.  I've added another loggingConfiguration listener that instead uses the FlatFileTraceListenerData instead of the FormattedEventLogTraceListenerData and it also works both on my local machine and on the DEV server.

Just to ensure permissions are not an issue I've setup my website to use a local admin account for Anonymous Access under Authentication Methods.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Sal
0
svelazquez
1/21/2008 6:22:05 PM
asp.net.application-block 1007 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MS Logging Application Block only writes Information type entries in the Event Log
I just started and gone the MS Logging Application Block working fine, except it only stores Information type entries. The previous method System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry allowed me to pass an EventLogEntryType which would result in the type and icon appearing in the Event Viewer.  Can anyone tell me how to do this with the MS Logging Application Block or direct me to an example? Thank you!...

What is logging application block and Exception Handling Application Block?
 What is logging application block and Exception Handling Application Block? Please Help  Logging Application Blockhttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa480464.aspx "The Enterprise Library Logging Application Block simplifies the implementation of common logging functions. Developers can use the Logging Block to write information to a variety of locations: The event log An e-mail message A database A message queue A text file A WMI event Custom locations using application block extension points " Exception Handling Application Blockhttp://ms...

Can Logging application block listen to and log System.Diagnostics.Trace.Write*() statements
I am relatively new to this application block, and want to integrate it to my application which relies heavely on System.Diagnostics.Trace.Write*() statements. I was wondering if the Logging application block, can be, out of the box be configured to listen for those events and log them using the Logger class?  I know i could just create a listener object that does it but was wondering if something like this alreayd exist and the documentation does not address this question directly...  Thanks for your help guys!** remember to mark a post as 'answer' if it helped you. Doi...

How can I write my Application Events in Windows Event Log ??
PB 8 Win2000 Thanks in advance //Global external functions needed function long RegisterEventSource( string pszServerName, string pszSourceName ) & LIBRARY "ADVAPI32.DLL" & alias for "RegisterEventSourceA" function boolean DeregisterEventSource( long hEventLog ) & LIBRARY "ADVAPI32.DLL" & alias for "DeregisterEventSource" function boolean ReportEvent( long hEventLog, integer wType, integer wCategory, & long dwEventID, long pUserSID, integer wNumStrings, & long dwDataSize, stri...

Asynchronous logging using logging application block
Hi,  Is it possible to have Asynchronous logging using LAB? I also wanted to know the advantages of LAB over Log4Net. Or should I go for writing my own asynchronous logger?   Please Help, Robin Hi,  rboin.dock:Is it possible to have Asynchronous logging using LAB? NO the LAB is not Asynchronous by default.  But you can make it Asynchronous using MSMQ  rboin.dock:I also wanted to know the advantages of LAB over Log4Net.   LAB is one of the most complex application block articture wise. it supports many listeners and it is highly configurable. ...

Cannot do Database logging using Enterprise library Logging Application Blocks
Hello,     I am trying to build a custom TraceListener to do Custom DB Logging for our application. When I try to do Logging using the custom DB logger, loading the trace listeners throws an exception. The Exception is "The Value cannot be null or empty string. Parameter Name = name" This is happening while trying to call the Buildup method recursively in the Builderstrategy class. I think I do have my configuration right. I also have all the required Dlls in the bin folder. Cannot figure out what is happening. The same error happened while I was trying to use the existing ...

Log to multiple places with Logging Application Block 3.0
Hi I am just starting to research the Logging Application Block, as we want to implement it a new version of our application. One of the things we would like to be able to do is log something to more that one listener - like to the database and also send an email, or to the event log and also to the database. I have been perusing the documentation and forums but found nothing related to the scenario. Is this possible and if so are there any examples?Our environment is: Enterprise Library 3.0 ..Net Framework 2.0, ASP.Net, VB.Net Oracle (Implemented Data Access Application Block and it ...

PB12
I know this has been covered and this code works: ------------------------------- CONSTANT integer SUCCESS = 0 //CONSTANT integer ERROR = 1 CONSTANT integer WARNING = 2 CONSTANT integer INFORMATION = 4 CONSTANT integer AUDIT_SUCCESS = 8 CONSTANT integer AUDIT_FAILURE = 16 OLEObject wsh wsh = CREATE OLEObject wsh.ConnectToNewObject( "WScript.Shell" ) wsh.LogEvent( SUCCESS, "hi mom" ) wsh.DisconnectObject() DESTROY wsh ------------------------------- The 'but' here is in the event log it shows the source as WSH. I need the source to be the...

Logging Application Block (RollingFlatFile) creates two simultaneous log files
I am using Logging Application Block (3.1) Rolling flat file trace listener to write debug info to file Debug.log for an ASP.NET 2 web app (aspx). After a session, I have TWO log files created. One called:Debug.log ... the other called:8f3a2757-ad8b-48e6-90cc-366e14d507b8Debug.log They contain overlapping time ranges, for requests from the same user/sessionID/client IP. What causes the two files?(I'm thinking "Web Farm", and will add logging for the AppDomainName and Server IP.) I am having problems with session variables (the reason for the debugging). Thanks,Mark The ...

Help setting up Exception Handling/Logging Application Blocks, and an odd Logging issue...
Man, I've already spent a couple days looking into this and haven't got very far...What is the proper way to use the Exception Handling application block?It looks like you setup various Exception Policies, and those policies can handle exceptions in different ways.  So, for example, if you wanted to setup a policy dealing with Data Access, you'd create a DataAccess Exception Policy, add the type of Exceptions you want to handle a certain way, and then in your code write:try{ // DataAccess code that could throw an error}catch (Exception ex){ bool rethrow = ExceptionPoli...

Events are being logged to the "Application" log instead of custom log
Hi Pros, I have a weird problem here. I am logging from my .NET app to a custom log, but unfortunately, the events are redirected to the Application log. I am sure that I am specifying the log name and the source name accurately. I am using some code like the following:  1 Hi Pros, 2 3 I have a weird problem here. I am logging from my .NET app to a custom log, but unfortunately, the events are redirected to the Application log. I am sure that I am specifying the log name and the source name accurately. I am using some code like the following: 4 5 6 EventLog e...

Logging Application Block
I have integrated the Logging Application Block (2.0) in my application. I am using the Formatted DatabaseTraceListener so I can log the exceptions in the database. Although I am using the default tables (Log, Category and CategoryLog), I would like to rename the tables to something else. Is that possible? If someone could point me to any article, it would be great. Also, I would like to know what all changes would be required in the configurations if I had to add some custom fields to the Log table.Thanks Hi AmNoGeek,            ...

Logging application block
Hi, I am using Enterprise Library Logging application block to log exceptions to event viewer. I have configured this in my website web.config file and also in my WCF service web.config file. I have deployed portal and service in IIS 6.0. I have created a new website pointing to portal and a virtual directory inside the website to point to WCF service. When I try to access the service, I get error "The entry 'Formatted EventLog TraceListener' has already been added." When I tried different options like pointing portal to one virtua...

Exception Management Application Block
Excuse my ignorance, but I'm having difficulty configuring my web.config to write to a custom Event Log. I have used the best practice console to setup my Application Block settings in my config file, but I am struggling with the required settings to write to a custom log for my application. Any suggustions? Are you using Enterprise Library for .NET 2.0 (Jan 2006 Release) ? Or the Ent Lib for .NET 1.1 ?...

Web resources about - Logging Application Block not writing to Event Log on Windows 2000 SP4 - asp.net.application-block

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...