New York City - Announcement - New Software Architecture Group

We recently started the New York City chapter of The International Association of Software Architects (IASA). We hold meetings for Software Architects and others interested in this field. The group is run strictly by volunteers and all meetings are free.

We are also looking for practicing software architects from the New York/New Jersey area who are interested in making presentations to the group.
Please contact Bill Hazard (bill_hazard@kaplan.com) or Bill Zack (wzack@compuserve.com) if you are interested.

About the International Association of Software Architects (From http://www.iasarchitects.org.)
The IASA provides a forum for business, technology and systems architects to share knowledge about application architecture, multi-systems architectures, vertical and horizontal re-use strategies, architecture methodologies and strategies, and architecture definitions.
IASA provides a place for architects to meet and discuss problems and solutions to today's hardest architecture challenges. We are opening user groups around the country to help bring real value to the architecture

Bill Zack
0
wzack
3/8/2005 11:14:33 PM
asp.net.announcements 2378 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Groups of groups
I need to add groups of users to a new group. Is there a way or workaround to do this? A customer is telling me that you can do in AD... Thanks Miguel Cando, Yes AD can do nested groups but eDirectory can't. One way to get around it is to use Dynamic Groups or create a new container and place the objects in there instead if possible. In all my years I've never had the need for nested groups. -- ___________________________________________ Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS Network Consultant/NSC Sysop InfraSystems Solutions There is no "group of groups&quo...

NET Framework & .NET Framework Software Development Kit??
I know some regular HTML, just enough to get me in trouble if I'm not careful. So basically I am completley new to this stuff. I do some programming here at home for my own use but nothing Web style, my son has suggested this for me as another project to learn on. My question is I have downloaded and installed the 2 files referenced in the subject line. This is the question, is there susposed to be an Editer in there somewhere? If so where if not just say no. I did download WebMatrix and have looked at it. But a 508Mg SDK file surely has something in there. Thanks alot. I'm tring to learn....

Is it compulsory to install the enire .net software or just the .net framework is sufficient for deployment?
I have created a small application in ASP.net. Now i want to deploy this on another server. Is it compulsory to install the enire .net software or just the .net framework is sufficient? For this will i have to purchase another liscenced .net framework or a downloaded version from the site will suffices my requirement? Please help, i need to deploy it immediately to test it. Thanks in advance to all who can help me out You should only install the .NET Framework on the server. If the server is Windows Server 2003, then the .NET Framework will be pre-installed.  There are...

Need software recommendations for documentation/help file software that integrates with .Net 2005
Hi All My organization is looking for a good software application that integrates with .Net to create documentation and help files for a /Net application we are developing.  Any suggestions, recommendations, links, etc. would be greatly appreciated.  Cost IS an issue - so please keep it to reasonably affordable software...  TIA,  ColeenColeen"We Develop Webs" You can use the standard .chm (compiled html) that allows you to use basic html to design help pages.  It then lets you organize them and gives uses full-text search with the right option turned ...

How to update/modify a ADAM user/Group/Application using vb.net or c#.net
 Hi I  need  help for update/modify a ADAM user/Group/Application using vb.net or c#.net RegardsMallikarjunaP.Mallikarjuna Hi,you can take a look at this Microsoft support site: http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-us&st=a&na=84&qu=adam+update+group&qp=&qa=&qn=&c=4&s=0Also, when I think about ADAM/Active directory and doing something against this technology I think of LDAP queries, so this becomes: http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&q=ldap+query+C%23&meta=Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins fo...

Columbia, MD. Advanced .Net User Group Meeting: Enterprise Templates in Visual Studio.Net
Advanced Group Meeting--Tuesday, March 16 Topic: Creating Enterprise Templates in Visual Studio.Net Time: 6:30-9:00 pm Location: Impact Innovations, Columbia MD Microsoft introduced Enterprise Templates in Visual Studio.Net to allow software architects to speed development while enforcing architectural standards and rules across development teams. These templates allow you to dictate application structure, employ component usage constraints, and set default property values. We will discuss the benefits of creating your own Enterprise Template and walk through th...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

.Net Framework Code Access Security
I built a c# .Net 2.0 based user control that I run as an ActiveX control in IE7.  It works fine except for code access security issues ("Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.EnvironmentPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, ......' failed).  To get around the code access security issues, I created a code group within the Machine All_Code group with the Publisher membership conditions based on a valid certificate (which my assembly has) and granted that code group the "Everything" permission set.  Even though my code group is m...

Dot NET architecture??
Please tell me in detail the Dot NET architecture. If you would just do a little searching on google or on MSDN.Microsoft.com you would find almost all the iformation you have asked for in all these posts. One day I'm going to write an article entitled, "Ask Google Before You Ask Us." And I'm going to contribute it to RTFM so that I can use the appropriate expletives.Alister...

.Net Blogging software?
Any recommendations for some .net blogging software?"If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse."-Woody Allen DailyAtheistQuotenaspinski.netAuctionConstructor You want the blogging engine or the blog writing client? There are many open source .NET based engines available: BlogEngine.net, Subtext, dasBlog. A Google search will get you more. Windows Live Writer is a good blog writing. Word 2007 too has blog posting feature.Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem. Live Writer looks great, but I am not sure if it will work in my case. I have my own (host...

Software Architecture of Parrot
Hi, Currently I'm doing a course 'Software Architecture' for my Master Computer Science. For this course, I have to write a paper on some subject that has to do with software architecture. Therefore, I proposed to write a paper on the architecture of Parrot, and today I got approval of this subject from my Professor :-). The idea of the paper is to describe the architecture of the current state of Parrot, and maybe some future plans. It should be about 5 to 10 pages long, but I expect to write about 15-20. I'd like to start with the reasons for writing Parro...

installing .net software
hi, i just want to know how to install .net software in my system.i mean the procedure for installation. Hi, To install a .net software you wil have to create a setup for your .net application. 1. Create a setup and deplyment project. 2. Add your project to be installed to it. 3. Go to View -> File System 4. Go to Application folder. Rightclick Add-> ProjectOutput (Select the EXE of your project) 5. the Dependencies will automatically be added. Add the other Required files. 6. Create 2 shortcuts for your exe. By Rightclick your Primary output in the Application folder. ...

.NET software development
Hi, We would like to kindly inquire for collaboration.  Sevana has a team of .NET developers experienced in design and implementation of business desktop and web applications. We are looking for partners in ..NET software development projects of different complexity. We would be happy to share our knowledge and experience with you and work out the scheme of our cooperation, so we all could benefit from it. To learn more about Sevana Oy, please visit our web site (www.sevana.fi), or contact us at sales@sevana.fi Kind regards, Sevana Oy, Finland ...

.Net Website Software
I wish to redo my website. I have a basic design (e.g. colors, graphics, base flow, etc) and I can write it completely from scratch...but why? i have found that someone usually has done quite a bit of the legwork already and I can leverage this. I have evaluated IBuySpy but it is overkill for what I need (i am not creating a portal). Any suggestions? Ideally, I would like it to: 1) ASP.Net and I would need the source....prefer c# code....never did much with vb/vb.net...always been a c/c++ and now a c# person. I can use vb.net so its not a requirement...more of a preference. 2) Good cr...

.Net Discussion Group...
Guys....I think this group help u out to learn .net...http://groups.google.com/group/TechdotNetIndiaRegards,Satheesh...

Web resources about - New York City - Announcement - New Software Architecture Group - asp.net.announcements

End of life announcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two big announcements.
... This year marks 37signals' 15th year in business. And today is Basecamp's 10th birthday. We have a lot to celebrate, and two exciting announcements ...

Royal Baby: More Than 1M Facebook Posts In First Hour After Announcement
Within one hour of the official announcement of the birth of a son to Prince William and Duchess Kate , there were more than 1 million related ...

Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources - Facebook's latest news, announcements and ...
Facebook Newsroom - Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources

FastMail Weblog - Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments
Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments

Live-Blogging Facebook’s Privacy Changes Announcement
Responding to outcries about privacy issues, Facebook is introducing a new set of changes today, during a press conference at its headquarters ...

Twitter Blog: FTC Announcement
Twitter Blog FTC Announcement 5661184371807488293 Thursday, June 24, 2010 Early in 2009, when Twitter employed less than 50 people, we faced ...

Today's Cisco announcement (2 of 2): Cisco Demonstrates Commitment to Global Internet of Things Ecosystem ...
Full release at: http://www.slideshare.net/iotwf/cisco-internet-of-things-press-release-october-29-announcement-27685075 Cisco Demonstrates Commitment ...

WWDC 2012 : What companies are the potential biggest winners and losers from the announcements made at ...
Answer (1 of 5): Without digging too deep: * Google Maps: the new Maps application will take away considerable mobile market share away from ...

announcement « Blog – Stack Exchange
The simple answer is, it takes as long as it takes . We’ll wait. If a site needs more activity, go out and evangelize it . As long as your site ...