Using AJAX toolkit with .NET Framework 3.5

I had a problem getting AJAX Control Toolkit to Work with .NET Framework 3.5 in IIS 7.
It showed up in the C# CodeBehind under the namespace {AjaxControlToolkit} because it was globalized by the bin,
but as far as using it in the XHTML Markup or even adding it from the CodeBehind where it is listed caused an error.

Note: im Using VWD 2008, C#, and .NET 3.5

the Problem was i was using the old version of the Ajax Control toolkit. below is the link to the new version and and shortcut to the how to video.

ASP.NET AJAX Support in Visual Studio 2008:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/f/6/0f651a0f-6f2b-4497-b061-e1b2825e22e0/MSAJAX-ToDoList.wmv

AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5-NoSource.zip
http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11121

James Erwin Odell Wilson
0
JeoWilson

Hi JoeWilson,

I'm afraid that you should elaborate your issue.  I was failed to get clear enough about your issue.

JeoWilson:
It showed up in the C# CodeBehind under the namespace {AjaxControlToolkit} because it was globalized by the bin,
but as far as using it in the XHTML Markup or even adding it from the CodeBehind where it is listed caused an error.

What you have did?  What's the error?  For the video tutorials including the installations, you shall visit here.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan Shen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Jonathan
4/21/2008 5:34:02 AM

hello jonathan,
well i had an isuue with the Ajax Control Toolkit but i resolved it.
The problem was that I was using the control toolkit compiled for .NET Framework 2.0 in a .NET 3.5 Enviroment.
I downloaded the new Ajax Control Toolkit Compiled for .NET Framework 3.5/VWD 2008 at the the link above
and reviewed the Installing Ajax Control Toolkit video at the other link above
after doing so i was able to get it running you should see the site im buliding

Jonathan Shen – MSFT:

Hi JoeWilson,

I'm afraid that you should elaborate your issue.

It's Jeo by the way not Joe, and also I belive my Issue was quite clear any novice .net programmer / web developer  knows DLL's in the bin are accessable via code behind
i thought i marked the Issue as resolved but i guess it dident update the database. any who

if anyone is using Visual Web Developer 2008 on Vista/IIS 7 and cant get your Ajax Control toolkit to work follow the links i have posted above to resove the issue. its just a version issue.

James Erwin Odell Wilson
0
JeoWilson

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

Issues with Ajax Web Part using .Net Framework 3.5
 Hi, I have deployed Silverlight Media Viewer WebPart (Silverlight 2 beta 2) on my SharePoint Web Application. Its working fine. But, On this SharePoint Web application, I also have some other AJAX web parts which are developed in VS 2005 with .Net Framework 3.0.When I modified the respective web.config for .Net Framework 3.5, All the other web parts started flickering. How can I stop these Ajax web Parts from flickering? Please help me on this… I am in really need of this.  Thanks in Advance.......

Installing AJAX Toolkit for .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2
Hi, How should I install the AJAX Toolkit for .NET FW 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008)? Thanks   Hi Gdillen, If there's no old version(Ajax Control Toolkit) host in your machine, the installation is the same as install the V10618.  Please follow the video tutorial .  Also it has a document here. Download and exact the package to a folder. In the folder where you installed the AJAX Control Toolkit package, you will find a folder called "AjaxControlExtender" with a file called "AjaxControlExtender.vsi" inside it - double-click AjaxControlExtender.vs...

Net framework 2.0 installled on my server, can i replace it with .net framework 3.5
Hi all I have .Net framework 2.0 installled on my server,  and  websites are currently running  that are developed in .net 2.,  my  clinets wants .net framework 3.5 or  if i installed .net framewrok 3.5 in my server, there is any problems to my previous  web application that was hosted using .net framework 2.0   if yes ,how  can i installed .net framewrok 3.5 adilahmed Don't worry...just install it. .net 3.5 is incremental and works on top of 2.0. Any existing websites will reference the 2.0 binaries and will still work.   Also, I...

What is Ajax framework version number that is inbuit in dot net framework 3.5
What is Ajax framework version number that is inbuit in dot net framework 3.5 ?Harish Hi, that would be version 3.5. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

ajax 3.5 extensions preview and .NET 3.5
I'm a little bit confused.On one hand you say the AJAX framework is included in .NET 3.5. On the other hand there's an ajax extensions preview which "provides new functionality being added to ASP.NET 3.5 and ADO.NET in 2008." Is the latter like an addon to the .NET 3.5 built-in framework? Out of a developer perspective I would like to know if it is "safe" to develop with the 3.5 extension preview.. and if at any state its functionality is added to the .NET framework. Do I need to install the 3.5 extension preview on my host running IIS, too? Or i...

install Ajax toolkit for Net 3.5? who can give me address how ajax install ?video lesson?
hi friends i saw this lesson but i cant find it now. My ajax toolkit broken.. i cant see ajax toolkit. why ? i dont know .. maybe karamasoft :) install Ajax toolkit for Net 3.5? who can give me address how ajax install ?video lesson? cheersMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/ EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn...

How Do I Use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit In Visual Studio 2008 When Targetting .NET 2.0 Framework?
I have recently converted a lot of Visual Studio 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1 projects to Visual Studio 2008 / .NET Framework 2.0.  I want to be able to use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit under Visual Studio 2008 while we target the .NET 2.0 Framework.  Unfortunately, we cannot target .NET Framework 3.5 because we need Windows 2003 Server for that and we only have Windows 2000.  I do not want to use Visual Studio 2005 either.  Is it possible to do what I want given these conditions?You can't stop entropy so why even try? The simple answer is yes.  What pr...

Ajax in VS2005 .NET 3.5 Framework
Hi   I have VS2005 with 2.0 Framework. Now i installed 3.5 Framework to use the Ajax Controls 1) First i, installed the 3.5 frame work 2) how can i get the Ajax controls to use in  my web project   Please let me know Thanks Dilip I think you will get Ajax controls with installation of Framework 3.5. If not you can always download it from here.. http://www.asp.net/AJAX/downloads/My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." I am not getting any controls. i still have VS2005 in my system.if any idea help me. If...

.Net 3.5 ADO.Net Data Service & Ajax
 Hello, I was trying to use the example in the following video and I keep getting "Server Method "Categories" failed" error. I have .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008, is there any workable example out there? I also added the Entity Data Model. http://www.asp.net/learn/3.5-SP1/video-239.aspx  I really like the way how you can access data in the database using javascript. Any help on this code? thx Default.aspx     <input id="ButtonQuery" type="button" value="Perform Query" onclick="return ButtonQuery_oncli...

Web resources about - Using AJAX toolkit with .NET Framework 3.5 - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

A Framework For How Any Company Can Design Amazing Employee Experiences
Over the past few months I've been working on a series of articles all around the employee experience which I define as being a combination of ...

130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US
Read the rest of 130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US