How to retrieve path of an image which is stored as image data in database.

Hi there,

Is there anyone who can solve my problem?

I need to use SlideshowExtender for photo album.

As all know, to achieve this, there is a class called "Slide" in "AjaxControlToolkit" namespace, and "Slide" class takes (imagePath As String, name As String, description As String).

I am uploading images as a binary data type in database and i am able to achieve those images as image object.

Now my problem is how to pass "imagePath" in "Slide" class.

Can anyone help?

 Thanks in advance - Prachi

0
prachi

Friend,

I would recommend you to first got through this video

http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/SlideShow/SlideShow.aspx

and these articles that explains how to use the SlideShowExtender control for slideshow

http://www.chrismanciero.com/slideshow.aspx

http://programming.top54u.com/post/AJAX-Slideshow-Extender-Control-Using-C.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/t/1083830.aspx

Good luck!

Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
cv_vikram
9/17/2008 12:43:21 PM

Prachi,

This is a really common scenario, and the typical solution is to use an HttpHandler to server up your images (fun technology if you've never worked with it before).  For your image path, then, you'd pass the path of the handler plus some indication, like ?image=1, to indicate which image you want to retrieve.

That, said, Scott Hanselman has a cool article about using ASP.NET Futures to do some of this for you, which is worth checking out: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/ASPNETFuturesGeneratingDynamicImagesWithHttpHandlersGetsEasier.aspx

James Ashley, Magenic Technologies
(james.ashley.magenic@gmail.com)
0
vgiambattista

Are images stored in database or the path of the images is stored in database
In Ibuyspy store. Are images stored in database or the path of the images is stored in database ?HighOnCodingWanna get high! The image name is stored in the database e.g cart.gif. If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. Isaac Newton Hi, Is this a good idea to save the image name in the Database and the image in the Server's Folder. HighOnCodingWanna get high!  azamsharp wrote:Hi, Is this a good idea to save the image name in the Database and the image in the Server's Folder.Of course.It's a good idea.Otherwise the speed of&...

Save Image Path into Database, Retrieve Image Path by Particular Image ID and Display Image through Gridview
Hi All, Currently, I have a file upload control in my aspx page to allow user to upload images. When the user clicks the SAVE button, the image will be saved in a particular folder named 'PMap' that located within the website. What I am trying to do here is to direct all uploaded images into a common image folder (in this case 'PMap') and then, retrieve the images and displayed it through a Gridview according to its respective image id. I have managed to store all uploaded images into a common image folder, PMap. However, I hope advice can be given on my following pro...

Storing images in SQL database vs storing images in seperate folder and using URL image path
Hi allCan you store images in a sql database and if so, does it store the images as an image file or does it store it in a binary format reducing the size of the image. If it can be stored in an sql database as a image or a binary format what are the advantages/disadvantages or is it better to store the url in the database and then bind the image holder to the url link in the database. Hi, These two ways are both ok. My suggestion is to store images into sql database if there are no much more images, otherwise, it's better store them into file system because you can store them no mat...

Thumbnail image to popup Fullsize image (image paths from a database)
I am trying to modify an example of code from http://www.huntingground.freeserve.co.uk/main/mainfram.htm  - - >  Image Scripts - - > Image Gallery 7 (Reusing popup for large image)   where instead of using the hardcoded image in the example javascript, I can reference the path to that image which is loaded in my Access DB.   I was able to modify the HTML img to find the src of the thumbnail path. So too is the path to the full image located in my Access DB.   Is there a way I can load the path to the full image in the javascript or does anyone ...

updating/deleting image paths in database and related images stored in folder
 I'm working on a page using a DetailsView or FormView to update records in a database.  One field is an image path for an image stored in the file system.  I want to be able to update, keep, or remove the image path in the record, and then, if necessary, upload the new image and/or delete the old image. I've got insert and delete pages working and I know I can use parts of the same codebehind.  I am pretty sure I can handle the update portion. Deleting the old image is where I have my problem.  I've been trying to work with the tutorial http://www.asp.ne...

Image URL Cannot Retrieve Image Path from Data Source using Eval command
Hi guys. Situation: I want to retrieve images reading the path of the image on a database and then put on the propertie ImageUrl of an Image control.   what i´m try to do is this: <asp:Image ID="Image2" ImageUrl='<%# Eval("PictureURL","~/MatchImages/{0}") %>' runat="server" />  when I run this code does not appear any image.   but if i do this: <asp:Image ID="Image1" ImageUrl="~/MatchImages/aaronson.jpg" runat="server" /> the image appears.   Trying to insert a D...

How to load image in my image control , The image is stored as a binary data in sqlsqrver.
 Hi all, I just have one doubt today.I have stored image in my database using inputstream.Read(...) method and I am able to load the image in my web page  by using the outputstream.Write(..). But I am Unable to load image in my image server control.How can I load the image in my image server control  The image is stored in database using the inputstream.Read(....) method. thanks in advance. Ajay Kumar Verma What you should do is to retrieve the image from the database and save it on a local folder in your web application main folder then set the ImageUrl ...

Problems with a thumbnail image to popup Full-size image (image paths from a database)
I am hoping to get more feedback from entering this in perhaps a more appropriate forum.   Please refer to post   http://forums.asp.net/thread/1540002.aspx   I think I’ve explained what I would like to do but can’t figure out how to successfully code it.   I found it interesting that if I removed the Onclick event, my Bind error goes away.   And changing the Bind to an Eval traded the Bind error for a parser error.   How can I pass the path of the Full size image from my DB to the javascript so that ASP and Java both are OK with the coding?  ...

Possible for Image in database Visible only if image path exists in database?
I have an Access Database and i am using C#. I have a datagrid for a restaurant website that is populated by menu items. One of the Items is an image but not every item on the menu has an image. The ones that dont though come up with the little image placeholder like an image is supposed to be there. Does anybody know how I can make the image visible only if there is an image path stored in the database? //By the way, there are only 3 columns in the datagrid- the center column is populated by the Image, the Menu Item, and the Description of the Menu Item check out for 'helper functi...

store image and retrieve into image control
hi.im new to asp.net(just learn it a month ago.im currently developing a registration system where part of the process is to uploading an image to be stored into the database.i planned to use the "store the image into the file system" method.theres an image control beside the fileupload space.im using the 'fileupload' from visual web developer tools. what i want it to be is.-user select the image-image uploaded and stored.-image that has been uploaded being displayed in the image control. can somebody help me with that.?thanks.ask and being asked.answer and being answered...

retrving image from the image path in the database.
hi . i am storing the image path in the database.i have 2 colums id, path1 D:\project\bank\adsai.jpg2 D:\project\bank\ads34ai.jpg3 D:\project\bank\a4ai.jpgnow i need retrive image . once the user enter 2 he needs to get that image for the id 2. ans so on...how to retrive the image and display in an imagecontrol prince5: hi . i am storing the image path in the database.i have 2 colums id, path1 D:\project\bank\adsai.jpg2 D:\project\bank\ads34ai.jpg3 D:\project\bank\a4ai.jpgnow i need retrive image . once the user enter 2 he needs to get that image for the id 2. ans so on...how to retrive...

How to store & Retrieve images from Ms-Acess Database using C# or VB.net?
Can Any one Plz Help me ....How to store & Retrieve images from Ms-Acess Database using C# or VB.net?Thanks & Regards,Veeru.....

retrieving images from database and displaying on Image control
Hi all i need a solution for displaying an image which must be retrieved from database table(photo displaying).I used the following code,but it shows error as "Invalid Parameter used"   page_load() {   cn.Open ();        SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand ("select *from image1 ", cn);                                 byte[] image = (byte[])( command.ExecuteScalar());     &n...

How to load image, which is stored in database, as image button?
I have a living room image that I loaded it as a background in the WebForm. I would like to add image button which is a light on top of this background image (living room). I would like to load image for the image button from database instead of drag and drop the image button from toolbox and browse the image link. In addition, I have to capture the coordinate of the image on the living room and load it as where it is on the WebForm. Can anyone please give me some hints on how to accomplish my task? I would value and greatly appreciate your input. Thank you.Thanks, Ester hi, You...

Web resources about - How to retrieve path of an image which is stored as image data in database. - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Facebook Developers Can Retrieve Users’ Profile Pictures In Different Sizes
Facebook introduced a way for developers to retrieve users’ profile pictures for use within their applications in different sizes, rather than ...

Winston retrieves the news - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... food and losing weight. Three months ago, we were told he had lymphosarcoma of the GI tract. On March 10, 2008, Winston was called to go retrieve ...

Dolphin retrieves phone for a lady after it fell in the ocean - YouTube
Dolphin retrieves phone for a lady after it fell in the ocean

Man killed by train after jumping on tracks to retrieve something
A man has been killed by a train after jumping onto the tracks to retrieve something at Wentworthville Station.

People Are Willing To Go To Extreme Lengths To Retrieve Their Stolen Smartphones
People are willing to pay a ton of money and potentially put themselves in danger to retrieve their stolen smartphones, a new survey has found. ...

NSA surveillance program can retrieve, replay phone calls
The NSA has built a voice interception program capable of recording 100 per cent of a foreign country's calls and replaying voices from calls ...

Divers retrieve body from NSW floodwaters
A woman's body has been retrieved from a submerged car in a creek in Maitland.

Tourist plunges to death from Potts Point rooftop park trying to retrieve football: police
A French tourist who fell to his death from a rooftop park in Potts Point in inner Sydney was attempting to retrieve a football that had gone ...

Rescuers retrieve bodies after Brazilian tour bus crash kills 54
At least 54 people have been killed after a tour bus plunged hundreds of metres into a densely wooded ravine in southern Brazil, authorities ...

Investigators retrieve more human remains at MH17 crash site in eastern Ukraine but wreckage cannot yet ...
Dutch forensic experts recover further human remains at the crash site of downed flight MH17.