How can I implement the following component using Ajax/ATLAS/Ajax Control Toolkit????

Hi All,

     I'd like to implement something a little bit simmilar to a TreeView (with 2 levels). The structure I'd like to present is a set of Groups where one of them can be selected and then it expands (and collapses any previouslly opened group) presenting the subgroups and clicking on one of them it also expands to show the elements (also closing the previouslly opened groups).

    MAIN GROUP 1 (opened)

    --- GROUP 1 (closed)

    --- GROUP2 (opened)

    --------- ELEMENT 1

    --------- ELEMENT2

   ---- GROUP3 (closed)

  MAIN GROUP 2 (closed)

  MAIN GROUP 3 (closed)

  For user experience purposes I think two Accordion controls nested would be a very nice solution ( The external one will have the panes containing a Accordion control containing the Groups as panes and within this one a table or grid containing the elements), but I have to get the internal elements (either groups or elements) from a business object when a item is selected and shall be expanded).

   Please could anyone tell me if it is possible and, if so, how can I implement this?

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

0
sjordine

HI All,

     Still looking for an answer.. Could anyone help me?  I'm thinking about using  AJax directly through a javascript function, get a table according the layout I need and put it into a DIV using innerHtml instead of using the component (a worst using experince, but seems the reasonable solution right now)Sad

0
sjordine

How Do I Use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit In Visual Studio 2008 When Targetting .NET 2.0 Framework?
I have recently converted a lot of Visual Studio 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1 projects to Visual Studio 2008 / .NET Framework 2.0.  I want to be able to use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit under Visual Studio 2008 while we target the .NET 2.0 Framework.  Unfortunately, we cannot target .NET Framework 3.5 because we need Windows 2003 Server for that and we only have Windows 2000.  I do not want to use Visual Studio 2005 either.  Is it possible to do what I want given these conditions?You can't stop entropy so why even try? The simple answer is yes.  What pr...

How to use Google Ajax Toolkit and Yahoo Ajax Toolkit in .Net 2.0
This is Ramesh,I know how work with MicroSoft  Ajax Toolkit, But i need : how to work with google and yahoo Ajax Toolkit's in .Net 2.0Is there any way to work  with google and yahoo Ajax Toolkit's in .Net 2.0 ?Please help any body as soon as,  Please Please Help me with in short time Thank youRamesh    Ramesh.M...

Does the AJAX Control Toolkit always use AJAX?
I have not seen this question answered anywhere yet, but does anyone know if the Control Toolkit always uses Async postbacks for all its operations. For instance the hovermenu or filteredtexbox, for example, should not need to do an async postback. As far as I can see the hover menu does not, but i could be wrong. Does anyone know if this is the case and if so do you know which controls do not postback? We don't have this information compiled anywhere, but it's generally simple enough to tell from having a look at the code. FilteredTextBox, for example, doesn't do any postbacks of any...

Use Ajax Control Toolkit without .NET?
Hello,  I couldn't find any (good) documentation about the Ajax Control Toolkit and would like to know if it can also be used independently of the .Net framework, e.g. with php or java on the server.  thanks, luke Hey, No, it requires the ASP.NET AJAX extensions, which has to use .NET.  You may be able to find a port for Mono; don't know anything about that.  Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4)....

Can I use AJAX to implement following features?
Hi all, I'm a pretty new to AJAX and would like to know if it is possible to do some things with AJAX. How to enable AJAX calls with Forms authentication? Does AJAX also sends authentication cookie? How dynamicly populate controls and keep theit ViewState with AJAX?For example, there's asp:Table. It contains rows with TextBoxes and maybe some other controls. User can Add/Remove the rows keeping state of others. Is it easy to move from other AJAX framework (MagicAJAX) to Atlas? Also can somebody recommend me good online topics around it?Sorry if I missed similar topic on the forum...

Page and Control Flashing Using AJAX Control Toolkit Controls
Page and Control Flashing Using AJAX Control Toolkit Controls I'm using IE7 and the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit.  I'm using two controls -- Accordion and CollapsiblePanelExtender.  I'm actually using 2 CollapsiblePanelExtenders, and the Accordion control is inside one of the panels for the CollapsiblePanelExtender (see the code below). The problem I'm seeing is that when I click an Accordion pane to open/close it or click the CollapsiblePanelExtender panel to open/close the panels, the controls and page flash while the animation is in progess.  Everything el...

Error using Accordion component
Can someone help me.  I'm try to use Accordion Control from AJAX Control Toolkit but I have problem in Design time .... it is working fine wehn I run the application but in Design time I'm getting this error:Error Creating Control - MyAccordion'Panes' could not be initialized. Details: 'Panes' could not be added to the collection. Details: Object does not match target type.  If someone knows how I can fix this error please tell me ... Thanks in advance./Todor  I have the same problem.  I develloped a user control a month ago and it was working fine.  Today I w...

Getting JavaScipt Error Intermittently While using AJAx Update Panel, AJAX Toolkit Control
I am using UpdatePanel, ModalPopupExtender and CollapsiblePanelExtender in my ASP.NET. Locally on WinXP, everythng is working okay. But on production envirnment, I am getting JavaScript errors intermittently. I am pasting error below. When I try to debug, it shows error in "ScriptResource.xsd?d=xxxxxxx"Error: 'ig_csom' is undefined// use igcsom.getElementById wherever is possible function igtbl_getElementById(tagId) {        if(!document) return;        var obj=ig_csom.getElementById(tagId);    <=...

Can we use Ajax control toolkit with share point ,MOSS.
Can we use Ajax control toolkit with share point ,MOSS(Microsoft office share point server 2007)? If yes , can i get any sample code? Yes we can... Check out the following link for details: http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/blogs/mike/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=3   KrishinThanxKrish Hi Hinathakkar200, Actually SharePoint doesn't differ from any other ASP.NET web site to use the Control Toolit, there are only three things that you need to do: Make sure SharePoint has access to AjaxControlToolkit.dllYou can do this in two ways: either you deploy the assembly to the Global Ass...

install Ajax toolkit for Net 3.5? who can give me address how ajax install ?video lesson?
hi friends i saw this lesson but i cant find it now. My ajax toolkit broken.. i cant see ajax toolkit. why ? i dont know .. maybe karamasoft :) install Ajax toolkit for Net 3.5? who can give me address how ajax install ?video lesson? cheersMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/ EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn...

Can you skin the controls in the ajax control toolkit?
If the answer is yes are there any examples?  In particular write now, I need an accordion style control panel and would like to make the panel headers look and function like the control panel in Outlook 2007.  Thanks.  Kris Yes, check out: http://asp.net/ajax/control-toolkit/live/Accordion/Accordion.aspx Look at the properties:     HeaderCssClass="accordionHeader"    HeaderSelectedCssClass="accordionHeaderSelected"    ContentCssClass="accordionContent" -DamienVisoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Bl...

Using JavaScript with Master and Content page implementing AJAX.net (Atlas)
I have a Master page and a content page that uses the Master page. There are two ContentPlaceHolders both containing Panel's that hold components. AJAX is used to periodically update a GridView in one of the Panels.  Anyway, the grid implements a row select.  When each row is selected the following code C# is executed.  The idea is to update a textbox in the other Panel. private void update() {    string script="<script type=text/javascript>updateLabel('"+ID+"');</script>";  &nbs...

I can't use the ajax control toolkit..please help me...
Hi, I'm trying to figure it out how to use this toolkit. First of all, I'm using VWD 2008 & .net 3.5. I've installed the toolkit in the Toolbox and have installed the template. I used old version template and the latest one because the latest template alone didn't show up in the my template section when tried to create new website. But I now can see the template. But I keep having an error message when I create a new web site using the templage. although didn't put any toolkit controls. This is the default code of the Default.aspx. <%@ Page Language="...

How to enable ajax (Use AJAX Controls) in my Web Control Library project
I have VS2005 with Ajax extended controls.   i have created a Web Control Library project, but i want to use ajax controls. is it possible.   I do not want to create a ajax enabled web site, but looking if any possible in my web control library project.   Please let me know and thanks in advance. D Hi, Yes. If you want to create User Control which contains a lot of web controls and Ajax control, you can create an User Control with Ajax Control to achieve it. If you want to create a Custom Control with Ajax, I suggest you build a new Extender. Please check the...

Web resources about - How can I implement the following component using Ajax/ATLAS/Ajax Control Toolkit???? - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit