Hijri Calendar in Calendar Extender

I'm using some calendar extender controls in my ASP.NET 2.0 website but i would like for them to show the Hijri calender in the control even if the value inserted into the textbox after choosing a date in Gregorian .

I've searched the forums and i found this post http://forums.asp.net/p/1244824/2284455.aspx i tried the way explained there but i only got the month in Hijri the year and days remained in Gregorian. Any way to fix this?

netplusdev

any help?

0
netplusdev
5/31/2008 5:30:20 AM

After some search on the Internet it looks like the Calendar Extender doesn't support fully the Hijri Calendar yet.

0
netplusdev
6/1/2008 2:52:57 PM

is that a final conclusion? caledar extendar does not support Hijri calendar.???

please help me out

0
Nnp

migrate from calendar control to calendar extender?
 I am using the calendar control to display a calendar, i havi t working so that users can add events to days of the month.i have placed the calendar control inside an update panel and still find it quite slow. Is it possible to use the calendar extender control to  have the exact same behaviour as a calendar control?...i.e i have implemented the dayrender and selectionchanged events for the calender control so will it be easy to migrate to the ajax calender extender?..(does it have equivalent methods?)also i need the calender permanently visible, (not a pop-up as i've seen in ...

AJAX Calendar Extender not displaying Calendar correctly
Hi, I am having issues with my calendar Extender! It worked perfectly previously, but all of a sudden today it is not working. My calendar extender is in a detailsview(edit mode), which is in an updatepanel and tab container, when clicking on the calendar image, the calendar pops up under the textbox, but instead it now has NO style, and seems like a bunch of jumbled numbers together, and is also now being displayed in the middle of the page. this is the code currently <EditItemTemplate> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox2" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("...

Calendar control
Hi there,Does anyone know if it is possible to disable some of the dates available for selection.  For example, on opening the calendar all the dates before today are grayed out so that it is only possible to select dates in the future.On my site I am using two calendar controls which are representing a start date of an event and an end date.  In the end date calendar I would like to disable all dates before the selected start date.Is anything like this possible with the calendar control?Thanks for your help,Juliane   Juliane, You will have to create a DayRender function to override the default dayrender for your calendar.  Here's something to start you off. Private Sub Calendar1_DayRender(sender As Object, e As DayRenderEventArgs) If e.Day.Date < BeginningOfDateRange e.Cell.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.LightGray e.Day.IsSelectable = False End If If e.Day.Date > EndOfDateRange Then e.Cell.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.LightGray e.Day.IsSelectable = False End If End Sub I'm going to memory here. If you I was on my pc rather than this mac I could give you the full source. This microsoft link will help you out tremendously. Thanks, I will give this a go.  Sorry, but the Mircosoft link doesn't seem to work.  I'll search the msdn library for dayrender and see if I can find it. Sorry for the confusion, I must have not explained properly what my question...

how can you adjust the position of the calendar when using the ajax calendar extender
Hi All, I need a little help here with the calendar. When I click on a textbox that has been assinged the calendar and the extender the claendar completely covers the text box. Now that's not issue if the user picks the right date, but if they dont and I want to get back to the text box and enter the date manually the calendar covers the box and I can't see what I am typing. How do I can I specify that I want the calendar to display at the right of the textbox?   Just for reference here's my setup<asp:textbox id="txtRestrictionDate" runat="server"...

popupcontrol with calendar control in a formview (multiple extenders with 1 calendar)
I want to use this control to let the user fill in a date in a textbox by picking a date from a calendarcontrol. However, I have 10 textboxes and 10 popupcontrolextenders and 1 calendar. I have to get the control which is popping up the calendar to fill the right textbox.I found the hint to use AjaxControlToolkit.PopupControlExtender.GetProxyForCurrentPopup(Page) in http://forums.asp.net/thread/1455864.aspx , but this is not working for me.I suspect this is because the popupcontrol is nested within a formview.Just to prevent me from making 10 calendarcontrols (!), how to solve this problem?...

Thunderbird Calendar with Exchange 2003 Calendar and Public Folders Calendar
Hi all, I'm looking high and low for any way to make Thunderbird Calendar read/edit my Exchange calendar and/or a calendar on our Exchange public folders. So far I'm having no luck. Has anybody had any luck with this? I'd also be open to using any free/open source utility that could read/edit these calendars. Regards, jd ...

customized AJAX.net calendar extender
Hello. I am new to working with AJAX and was wondering if there is a way to do the below: I want to have 2 separate text boxes each hooked up to an AJAX calendar extender.  In the first text box, the user will only see the 12 months of the year and when selecting a month, only the month value will be displayed).  In the second textbox, the user will choose a year and the year value will be displayed.  Is this something that can be done relatively out of the box or would I have to create custom AJAX controls? Thanks,  Sam I think it would be better just to add two dr...

Ajax Calendar Extender OnClientDateSelectionChanged in vb.net
hi guys, I am really new to the Ajax controls and i am struggling to get to grips with Calendar extender control even after having looked at the demos & tutorials. What i would like to do is have a date textbox with the calendar extender within it. I want the date field disabled so user can't type in text but only use the pop-up calendar to select a date entry. Once the user has selected a date from the Ajax Calendar extender control i want the field to display the date value BUT ALSO trigger an event which will alllow me to update a dropdown box which has a sql server datasource linked to it. I need to be able to pass a select statement to the datasource & then also databind() the dropdown box all on the event which is triggered when a date value is selected in the ajax calendar extender. I would prefer coding this in VB.Net but i don't mind having to use Javascript functions. My website is setup using a Matser page. So is it possible to do what i want or am i kidding myself? regards,Shuja Ahmad."4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions!" Hi, To clarify my thread, Basically i want to update a datasources selectcommand when a user selects a date from the AJAX calendar extender. Is this possible? If so, what event for the AJAX calendar should i use (I've tried OnClientDateSelectionChanged but not sure how to get it working) Regards,Shuja Ahmad."4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions!" Hi dabooj The O...

clicking the calendar image of a calendar extender posts the entire form resulting in a blank page
I am trying to use the calendar extendar with a push button next to it just like the sample. The problem is that after I click the calendar image button to display the calendar, there is no way to close that calendar window except selecting a date. If I click on the calendar image button at this point, it posts the entire form. In addition, the calendar extendar is very slow. It takes more than 2 seconds to have the selected date show up in the text box. Am I doing something wrong that is causing these two problems? as far as the problem with post back, this post might help youhttp:/...

Ajax - Calendar Extender wrapped in user control
Hi I'm having an issue and I am hoping that someone else out there has experienced the same thing - though I have searched and searched and not been able to find a solution. The reason we are doing it this way is because we don't use the standard asp:textbox control. Instead we have made our own custom controls which inherit from the standard asp:textbox I have a user control which contains the following: <asp:Image runat="Server" ID="Image1" SkinID="CalenderPopup" AlternateText="Click to show calendar" ToolTip="Clic...

calendar in .net
.net calendar I currently have this script for a .net calenderSub Calendar1_SelectionChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)cdateVal.Text = Calendar1.SelectedDate.ToLongDateString()' rdVal.Text = Calendar1.SelectedDate.ToLongDateString()End SubSub btncalendar_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)If Calendar1.Visible = FalseCalendar1.Visible = Truebtncalendar.Text = "Hide Calendar"ElseCalendar1.Visible = Falsebtncalendar.Text = "Calendar"End IfEnd SubSub Calendar1_DayRender(sender As Object, e As DayRenderEventArgs)Dim ts As TimeSpan = New TimeSpan(24, 0, 0)If e.Day.Date < DateTi...

hijri calendar
hi iam using ajaxcontrol toolkit calender  iam now developping an arabic website and iam using to type of dates after Christ like this 05/05/2008 that what iam using now what i want to add to another ajax control toolkit the date will be hijri so how can i make the control to be converted to hijri help please You may want to take a look at this link.  It provides an alternative solution.  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/selection/FarsiLibrary.aspx?fid=287863&df=90&mpp=25&noise=3&sort=Position&view=Quick&select=2388758&fr=1Somewhere, something inc...

.Net Calendar
I want to use the .Net Calendar without the underlined, selectable days. How do you take the underlined links out. I have used the DayRender Event, CSS on the calendar, day and the div the calendar is contained in, Also the property on the DayStyle-Font-Underline=false....why offer this if there is no was too set the a:link style on the day....? I want the day to be selectable but just without the underline. I have tried everything for such a simple CSS thing... day render set isselectable false e.Day.IsSelectable = False;Good Luck text decoration none in your style  Good Luck ...

Having a public calendar for the calendar team
Hi all, We talked about doing this before the 0.3 release, got busy and shelved the idea. Just the other day, I was asked about this on IRC, so I'm going to bring it up again. Should we have a public calendar detailing events of the Sunbird/Lightning effort? I think so. The main questions (in my mind) are: * Where should it be hosted? There was some talk of using the public Cosmo server for this at one point, we even experimented with putting one on the wiki.mozilla.org site as well. I'm certain there are many good ideas. * Who will update it? I think it should b...

Calendar Extender
The CalendarExtender has been nothing but disappointment for me since I started using it.It's slow, the calendar control appears "under" other controls, it triggers all the validators, and the date is the wrong format for me (mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy).  Is there a solution for my problems?  You can set the format of the date string. there is a property called FORMAT. Set it to this dd/MM/yyyy  Also, set z-index to make the calendar appear above other controls.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.Thanks,Ron rpack79: Also, set z-index to make the calendar appear above other controls.  How can I do that? CalendarExtender doesn't have the property Z. The calendar appears above textboxes, but under DropDownLists. (???!!!) Hi Mmhbk, mmhbk: How can I do that? CalendarExtender doesn't have the property Z. The calendar appears above textboxes, but under DropDownLists. (???!!!) To set its zIndex , please do it like this.  $find("CalendarExtender's BehaviorID")._popupDiv.style.zIndex = value;  For example, <%@ Page Language="C#"%><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script runat="server"></script><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/x...

My Calendar and Team (Role) Calendar
Are there any modules that show Events/Calendars with two different views: i) All entries ii) My entries only?Jonathan Palmer ...

Calendar control
normally i use a variation of a subclassed calendar (http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/MellDataCalendar.asp) but now i find myself needing to add actuall controls into the cells representing the days - in the one in the link it doesnt work and I havent been able to modify my version to handle it - I dont think you can when subclassing the calendar control My question is this: has anyone done something like this - if so how do i fix this issue or where do i start on building a control to handle templates for a databound calendar that will allow me to add web controls into the cells?   TIADylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com ...

Calendar Extender
Ok... Once and for all, How do you get the calendar to pop up OVER everything else that is below it on the page.As it stands, some text boxes and labels appear over the pop up calendar.  TIA Този уебсайт е твърде бавен. Мисля, че IIS 7 не е конфигуриран правилно. Моля, премахнете банери по-горе. If I am not mistaken, this is a feature of the IE6 browser and the way it treats some form controls as first class objects. Have you tried changing the Z-Index of those controls to -1 (The default I think is zero) using a style?  z-index:-1;This should place those controls be...

Calendar View Week and Calendar
Hi, after Upgrade to GW 7.0.2 (from 6.5) we have a Problem with the Calender View "Week and Calendar". This is our Default Calendar View and look fine when we open the Calendar with the Calendar Icon on the left Site in Groupwise(Folder View). Wee see then on the left Site of the Calendar 3 ore 4 Month and 7 Day's of the Week. But when we try to open this View with help of the "Calendar" Button on the Symbolborder, we see only one Month on the Calendar witch besides overlab the Hours. This looks like to be a different view. How can i change this ...

calendar extender
I have 4 textboxes and 4 calendar extenders attached to them.  They work fine, but the page takes 45 seconds to initialize after the page is displayed and the CPU usage of iExplorer (6) runs up to 50%.   My machine is a 3 ghz, 3 gig RAM dual core P4...I can't imagine what is taking so long. Any ideas?cheersMatthewPerformance Outlook well I can tell you its not the calender extender and the four textboxes because I have a page with about 15 calender controls on it and 4 are visible at all times.  That page takes about 4 seconds to load and display properly and that is ...

Calendar:Improving the Calendar Views
Hi! Some points for discussion concerning: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Improving_the_Calendar_Views First of all: this locks great to me - please go forward in this direction! And thanks for this nice little ASCII arts! 1. I think its great to have just one surface, either Calendaring or Mail (including all toolbar buttons and so on) exposed at one time, and easily switch between them by just klicking one button (what will hide all non usable toolbar buttons and so on). 2. In Respect to the agreement (Toronto) that Lightning will be a Calendaring program with some...

About the calendar Extender
Hello, I was thinking if you could add something to make some dates not able to be selected.  For example choose to cannot select a date that is before today's date, or make selectable only labour days. ...

Calendar Extender
I set a Calendar Extender to get the value of the date something happen and send it to the database, but the problem I'm running into is that when I click the submit button it causes a postback that deletes my txtbox that contain the value returned from the calendar. So when I go to send the text to the database that field is empty. Anyone knows a workaround that? I'm using C# Thanks, Erick do  you mind posting your code here? ...Aeries' CodersProgrammers' Forums at Advance MicrotechNothing is impossible when it comes to coding. Hi, erickme I have tested it...

Events sync'ed from Lightning HOME calendar to G-calendar using Provider for Google calendar don't transfer up to Google server calendar
Hi, I'm running T'bird 17.0.2, Lightning 1.9, Provider for Google Calendar = 0.18 on multiple PCs running Window 7 Home Premium (64bit) and want to keep= calendars in sync... I have 2 calendars showing on Lightning - the original Lightning Home calen= dar and the downloaded Google calendar (G-cal). I am finding that entries = I make directly into the G-cal in Lightning transfer up to Google and back = to another PC without problem. Also, if I make an entry in the Lightning H= ome calendar and hit the sync button it apears in the G-cal in Lightning bu= t it does not transfe...

Web resources about - Hijri Calendar in Calendar Extender - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

The beard calendar
How am I not in this? ∞ Read this on The Loop

Thai solar calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Thai solar calendar , Suriyakhati ( Thai : สุริยคติ ) was adopted by King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) in AD 1888 as the Siamese version of the ...

Novak Djokovic won't complete calendar Grand Slam: Stan Wawrinka
... has been an unstoppable force in professional tennis and is bound for another great season, including a chance at completing a Grand Slam calendar ...

Earnings Calendar
The following is Business Spectator’s earnings season calendar for February 2016. Companies are listed by the date they report. This information ...

US presidential election 2016: primary results and calendar
Follow the progress of US presidential hopefuls as they fight for the right to represent their party.

Bill Morneau says CPP enhancement coming 'this calendar year'
Finance Minister Bill Morneau says he will meet with finance ministers from the provinces with the aim of delivering an enhancement for the Canada ...

Gmail for Android gets rich text formatting & one-tap RSVPs for calendar invites
Google is announcing two notable new features for Gmail for Android today, including support for rich text formatting and a new “Instant RSVPs” ...

More Than an Extra Calendar Day, Leap Day Is a Rare Marketing Opportunity
The McDonald's work was done by the company, its longtime public relations agency Golin and other agencies that work with the chain in local ...

Interactive: 2016 interim reporting calendar
Keep tabs on the 2016 interim reporting season with The Australian Financial Review's interactive reporting calendar.

Why type your calendar events? Just draw with JotTheDate
Whether its a scribble, a sketch, or a smiley, this new calendar app lets you add your events by drawing them. JotTheDate is a complete calendar ...