FileUpload control inside UpdatePanel inside user control inside popup

Hi,

    The Asp.Net File Upload control is not working inside update panel. Acutally i have put the FileUpload control inside User Control again inside update panel. Since the update panel does async postback. The posted file is null in the server side. When i do full page level post back it works. but i have to put it inside update panel. How to do it?

Becuase the FileUpload control should be in Ajax Model Popup Extender where i have to put update panel to avoid closing of popup after fullpostback. Since the ajax model popup extender is getting closed after full post back. How to retain the popup opened state?

To simplify my questions,

   1. How to workout Fileupload control inside update panel without full post back?

   2. If full postback is compulsary, how to keep the ajax model popup opened after page level postback? because when i click save button in the popup, the main page is getting postback and the popup is closed. How to retain it?

Please assist me in this.

Thanks,

Anbu

-1
anbuzone

I do not think the FileUpload control will work inside an UpdatePanel. By definition it requires a full page postback, which is what the UpdatePanel is designed to not cause. :)

Chris Love
ASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications
0
docluv

I'm agreed with the above. FileUpload doesn't support asynchronously uploading file with UpdatePanel. My suggestion is using IFrame to achieve uploading file without refreshing.

Please check this video and demo: http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-254.aspx

Vince Xu
Microsoft Online Community Support
-1
Vince

Problem opening a popup window from a user control that is inside another user control inside a aspx page
Hi All, I am trying to open a Lookup popup window (on a ImageButton click) from inside a address user control that I created. Just an FYI, the address user control (.ascx) is inside a main user control (.ascx) in a aspx page that is using a master page. When I click the Image button, I am tring to excute the following code in the code-behind of the address.ascx- *****************************         string stateCode = some value;        string popupScript = "<script language='javascript'&g...

User Control Inside a Modal Pop Up
Hello, I am a beginner with AJAX and need some help. I have a user user control that I want to place in a Modal Pop up, but I am running into some issues.  The user control is used for doing some seaching of database records. After the use selects a record, they choose from one of three radio buttons and then hit a submit button. This submit button has logic tied to it that needs to be performed before closing the modal pop up. I want to make this button (btnDoLogic) that is inside the User Control, the button that is tied to the...

Dropdownlist inside a User Control (all inside an updatePanel)
Hi there! I have a dropdownlist with autopostback=true The dropdownlist is inside a User control dinamically generated inside an update panel.  When I select a different item from the dropdownlist... "DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged" and I try to get the SelectedValue, I always get 0. While debuggin I could discover that the number of Items inside the dropdownlist was 0! (and obbiously the dropdownlist was charged with data) The incredible thing is that after the first postback, I can select items from the dropdownlist and the SelectedIndexChanged gives me the correct SelectedVal...

Set the property of a server control inside a user control inside a Master Page
How do you set the property(ForeColor) of a server control(lnkInquiryReport2) located in a user control (LeftNavMain1) within a Master Page (default.master)? On the user control, expose a property of type color and bind this to the forecolor for the hyperlink control [keep some default value]. On your master page expose the user control as a property. On your content page, access the uc via the master's prop and the forecolor prop via the uc's prop and set it. Instead of exposing the uc from the master, you can also find the uc on the master - cast it to the correct type and then access th...

Menu control inside user control located inside Master Page does not work
When I click on any munu items, looks like nothing is getting selected and even MenuItemClick event is not firing up. Any idea?I have defined a menu control with SiteMapDatasource control inside a user control which is located on Master page. Any item selection does not anything...Thanks,Noreen Noreen,The default binding for a Menu control connected to a SiteMapDataSource is to navigate.  It's possible that you're navigating back to your same page?  To get around this you should create a custom databinding and bind the TextField to Title.  Let me know if this doesn...

user control inside a user control
i've currently got one of my pages setup so that I have a user control, CreateMessage.ascx, inside my main user control, ViewChangeMessages.ascx. My problem is that i've got a method inside my main usercontrol that either hides or shows the second user control, but it doesn't work, mainly coz i found out that the second user control is loaded before my main one. Is there any way i can get around this? You could try to load the second user control programmatically the OnPreRender method of your main user control. You'll need to add a placeholder in the spot you want the user control to...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2?   Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn You can define a property inside the UC1 and UC2. Pag...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2? Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn Hello, In UC2, try the followin code Dim tb As TextBox=CT...

Updatepanel inside tabpanel / All controls inside updatepanel is getting disabled on postback
I've met with a strange behavior from UpdatePanel that it disables all the controls inside it (textbox, dropdown etc disabled) on a postback. This updatepanel is placed inside a tabpanel, so if I 1    tpEdit.Enabled = true;2    upEdit.Update(); something like this on the event of the control which fired the postback then updatepanel works fine. Where tpEdit is the tabpanel and upEdit is the updatepanel inside tpEdit.  What could be the reason for this behavior?  Hi,Thank you for your post!Based on my understanding,  because the updatepan...

Embedded user control inside a user control
Hi, I have a user control that displays some details in a repeater, with a view buttons etc. I have now developed a second user control that is intended to provide a visual frame around something. I wanted to the HTML to look something like: <frameControl id="myFrame"> <myUserControl id="testControl" /> </frameControl> but when the page runs I get an error saying FrameControl does not have a property called myUserControl. It's right it doesn't! Inside the frameControl I just want to know who the children are. At present I have ha...

Javascript inside "web user control" not run if load "web user control" under ajax UpdatePanel

Accessing properties of user control inside user control
I have a simple MemberPhoto user control which has a photo of a member along with username and if they are online.I would like to reuse this control inside of another user control (MemberSummary) that would include the member's photo and some basic information about the member.  I would like to know what is the "Best Practice" to set/read properties on the member photo control from a web form.1. Should the MemberSummary define a property that returns the MemberPhoto user control and there I would have access to th...

General question: user controls inside user controls
I have a dropdownlist user control - it does various things. Now I want to create a datagrid user control for a mini content-management type function and I want the dropdownlist user control in it. My question is: is this a good or a bad way to go - nesting a user control within another user control? Would other ways (what ways?) be better? No problem nesting controls.Bertrand----This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

how to use an user control inside another user control?
as title, I can't wirte an user control inside an user control. how's the solution? thanks... you can. Then you gotta use the FindControl() method to manipulate it."Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"...

Web resources about - FileUpload control inside UpdatePanel inside user control inside popup - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Newest 'internet-explorer-11' Questions - Stack Overflow
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

Calendar of Events - St Paul the Apostle Primary, Winston Hills
... Paul the Apostle is a two-stream Catholic parish school in Winston Hills, catering for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6. Hidden UpdatePanel, ...

Drink of the Week - Logicum
Logicum It's Logical to share Menu Skip to content Home Contests Food Recipes Drink of the Week Health Technology Sports Space World Day Weapons ...

Advert-Rotator™ Rotate any type of ad, advert or banner - Welcome
NEW : Google Adsense™ in AJAX Updatepanel - Rotate any type of advertisement on your website. Whether it is Google Adsense™, Flash video or banner, ...

dotnet HighCharts inside UpdatePanel
Read my article about the HighCharts.net databind? A frequently question regards the possibility to get functioning a dotnet.HighCharts chart ...

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Presentation
... the following demo Visual Studio 2008 projects: ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Demo Illustrates how to use ASP.NET AJAX (ScriptManager, UpdatePanel, ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

New Release of WatirMaker now WatirRecorder
Rutger Smit & Scott Hanselman have released a new version of WatirMaker, now retitled WatirRecorder. This is a great program for building UI ...

Work smarter: MS AJAX’s JavaScript type extensions
Examples of using Array.contains, Date.format, String.format, and other base type extensions to accelerate ASP.NET AJAX client side development. ...