Dynamically Add New tab to Tab Control

I have a hyperlink on one of tab's content.  When the user clicks the link, I want it to load the page that the hyperlink is set to into a new tab panel.

Has anyone done this or seen this done somehere?  Otherwise I wouldn't know where to render pages for hyperlinks.  I don't want it to render in the same tab because then that tab

becomes pointless and becomes a whole new meaning if I were to refresh it with a totally different page which would not make any sense to me.

When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!
0
dba123

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

New tab: Control not passing to new tab.
Name: Richard Fidler Email: fidler8_at_inbox.com Product: Firefox Summary: New tab: Control not passing to new tab. Comments: When I right-click on a link and then on "Open in new tab," a new tab is created but the link does not open in the new tab. What do I have to do to make the link open automatically in the new tab? ---Richard Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were mu...

quick job
Hi,We are looking for somebody to do a quick job with the wizard control.We have a form using the ajax tabs already developed. However, we need this converted over to the wizard.Tabs / Steps need to be dynamically added from a dropdown selection of number of people (up to 3 extra tabs) on the last tab , and steps need to be tabbed along the top.please PM me for further details   nobody has replied! is nobody interested!! Hi  Johnmck johnmck: We are looking for somebody to do a quick job with the wizard control. We have a form using the ajax tabs already develope...

Tab Control: How to show new page in same tab when hyperlink clicked on the same tab
I have a hyperlink in my TabPanel's user control (.ascx).  When clicked it tries to go to an entirely new page outside the tab control (which of course causes an error because a browser cannot load just an .ascx alone) instead of just refreshing and showing the new page in the same tab.  So when I click the hyperlink I get this error:This type of page is not served.BODY { FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.7em; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } P { MARGIN-TOP: -5px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } B { MARGIN-TOP: -5p...

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

tabbed browsing: new tab should be allowed to launch with the page info of the most recent tab (the tab from which the new one is launched)...
Name: Joe Smith Product: Firefox Summary: tabbed browsing: new tab should be allowed to launch with the page info of the most recent tab (the tab from which the new one is launched)... Comments: including the browsing history of the most recent tab so that the user can expand the browsing from the previous tab. This is particularly useful when browsing search results. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Dynamic Add User Control Object To The Tab Control
 Anyone can suggest what's wrong to the code below as the User Control objects ONLY appear in the first tab and NOT in the balance tabs ? 1) User Control name - usRFQDetail 2) Tab Control name - tcRFQDetail Dim tcPage As New TabPage Dim ucRFQDetailInstance As usRFQDetail() = New usRFQDetail(100) {} Dim sdrReader As SqlDataReader = cmdReader.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection) With sdrReader If .HasRows Then ucRFQDetailInstance(intTotalTab) = New usRFQDetail .Read() tcRFQDetail.TabPages(intCurrentTab).Text = .GetStrin...

Add a Quick New Tab Feature (No "File, New Tab")
Name: Scott Product: Firefox Summary: Add a Quick New Tab Feature (No "File, New Tab") Comments: I prefer Firefox to IE, but can you add their quick (hanging) tab option? It's a bit of a pain to hit "File, New Tab" everytime I want to have a new tab. Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

1- Send Feedback button: Open NEW tab, please; NO in the tab in use. 2- New tab open next to actual tab in use (like Chrome), NOT at the end of all tabs, please.
Name: RiveraValdez Email: riveravaldezatysinembargodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 1- Send Feedback button: Open NEW tab, please; NO in the tab in use. 2- New tab open next to actual tab in use (like Chrome), NOT at the end of all tabs, please. Comments: That ;) Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-AR; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.0.3;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (n...

Tab strip control
i am using a tabstrip control to which the tabs are added dynamically depending upon the condition matched. but in the tabstrip1.SelectedIndexChange event, i am not able to acces the selected index properly. the selected index returned to me on any tab click is zero or the index of the first tab. what can be done to deal with this problem?   plz help. thanx in advance. Sachin....

Dynamically creation of tab pages in tab control
Hi, iam using PB 8.0 . please let me know how to create tab pages dynamically in tab control and how to set the properties like Name, tab page text,.. to dynamically created tabpage. Thanks in advance On Jul 9, 8:18=A0pm, shk <krishnahar...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > iam using PB 8.0 . > please let me know how to create tab pages dynamically =A0in tab control > and how to set the properties like Name, =A0tab page text,.. to > dynamically created tabpage. > > Thanks in advance You need the opentab function which allows you to create any pre...

Tab Control Flashes to new Tab on PostBack
Wondering if anyone is seeing this.  Problem: I have a VB.Net app, with a TabControl containing 4 tabs. (Tab1, Tab2, Tab3 , Tab4) The Tabs act as Views into a SQL 2005 Database. There are Gridviews, SQLDatasource, Text Boxes, Dropdown Control, and Command Buttons. Sometimes when I Edit a Row in a Gridview via the Gridview's Edit function, or add a record to the database via the tetxbox controls and the SQLDatasource, after the PostBack, the page refreshes, but then the focuse is set to the Previous Tab.( set to Tab1 if I was Tab2 as an example.)  I cannot seem to track dow...

New tab tab
Name: Steve Rottenberg Email: steverottenbergatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: New tab tab Comments: Hey, I just upgraded to ver 3.0.10 and I miss the new tab tab. Is there any way to bring it back? Very useful!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Dynamically Add New tab to Tab Control - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit