Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled - for Ajax toolkit

I have a new requirement which needs a calendar control as in the ajax toolkit.
But my application is in VS 2005 and is not an ajax enabled project.

How difficult is it to convert the project to an ajax enabled one?
If it is relatively easy to do it, will the conversion affect the behavior of the other pages within the project
which essentially dont use ajax functionality?
Can someone please advise ?

0
zumbro

Converting your web application to Ajax enabled is very simple.
It won't affect the other pages in you application.
You can read about it in the following links:
How Do I:Add ASP.NET AJAX Features to an Existing Web Application?
How Do I:ASP.NET AJAX Enable an Existing Web Service?

I Hope it helps.
Gil Fink
MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/gilf
0
gilfink
10/16/2008 12:53:27 PM

Perfect ! Thanks !!

0
zumbro

Ajax enable a previously non-ajax-enabled project
I have created a site project within 2005 Visual Studio, this was not ajax-enabled. Now I need to add some ajax enabled control in there, and I see the ajax tools kit controls in my tool box. I was able to drag and drop and code, but the controls do not function. The kit dll files do appear in my bin folder. I have another ajax-enabled project that I started out as ajax site, and I copied the exact same code into this project, it works. So I know it's something with the setup of my old project. How do I make my old project ajax-enabled? I'm sure it's easy, but I don't know ...

Enabling ajax to a non-ajax-enabled site
I REALLY dont want to start over with all i've done just to enable ajax... i understand that it's a matter of editing my web.config, but i've tried it several times and all i've gotten was build errors.... any chance someone can post an ajax enabled web.config with my parameters in there? I'd sooooooooo appreciate it!! Thanks!     <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <appSettings/> <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=*removed...

Is it possible to host AJax enabled and non Ajax enabled websites on the same production server
I have Non Ajax enabled websites hosted on our server and i want to my next web application to be Ajax enabled. Iam just not sure if i will be able to host both sites on the same server i.e Ajax enabled and non Ajax enabled on the same production server.  Iam using ASP.net 2.0 and Visual web developer 2005 express along side sql server 2005 express edition with advanced services.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- Hi Nick Asiimwe, It is possible to host Ajax enabled and non Ajax enabled website...

from non-ajax to ajax enable configuration problem
i try to add this code on the web.config     <httpHandlers>      <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>      <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false"          type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory,     System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,    PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>      <add verb="GET,HEAD"...

Move from non-ajax site to ajax-enabled site
Hello all! please help! In tutorial video it was easy to start using ajax by creating ajax-enabled site.Now I have situation, when I developed complicated site without ajax, then installed ajax extensions.But: in "enabled" new site - ajax works perfect. In my old site - same code doesnt work at all. How could I enable ajax in already developed site??? (without rewriting it from the very beginning in ajax-enabled template)  Hi Vorlosha, What I've done, as a quick fix, is create a new ajax enabled website, copy the web.config, and paste it into your non-ajax web...

Moving from non-Ajax to Ajax-enabled web-application
Hi there I was so far developing web-application without AJAX. But now i want to move to developing Ajax-enabled web-application. However, in my existing non-Ajax web-application i don't find the AJAX controls such as Update Panel and all other........ Am I missing adding anything?? Would I need to do any additional work in order to make my existing non-Ajax application AJAX-enabled?? Is it a simple process to make non-Ajax application Ajax-enabled? Your early replies will be appreciated. Thanks, Zulfiqar Dhuka If you are using .net 2.0 framework you have to install the ...

How to add Ajax Toolkit permanently in all Ajax Enabled Website?
Hello All,    I m able to create new tab and then reference the ajax toolkit dll  which include all the control in the Toolbox , but this settings only remain for that project only. How can i make it for all the projects so that I dont have to repeat this process over and over?   REgards   http://forums.asp.net/t/1042664.aspx...

using AJAX controls with a non AJAX enabled website?
I am using VWD 2005, and have just installed ASP.NET AJAX 1.0/Toolkit. I have an existing website which is not obviously AJAX enabled (because I have only just installed AJAX). If I want to use AJAX controls with this website do I first need to 'upgrade' the website to AJAX enabled? and if so how do I do this?   Cheers MArco Marco Gwiliani http://www.asp.net/LEARN/webcasts/webcast-141.aspxThanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve...

Making a non-ajax web application ajax enabled
How do you make a non-ajax web application ajax enabled?  Thanks. Heres a good article: http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspxThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! var ajax = true;No, seriously though, what is it you want to do?Happily, part of the answer is "start off with an application that doesn't depend on Javascript". Douglas Greenshields"Mark-up first, frameworks second!" bullpit: Heres a good article: http://www.asp.net/ajax/documentation/live/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx   thanks...

Concerns about using AJAX controls in a Non AJAX enabled Website
Platform VS 2005, VB.net  I created my existing asp.net Website without AJAX controls and today I ran into a situation where I need to use an AJAX control.  I download the AJAX Extensions and AJAX Control ToolKit.  I would like to add a calendar extension control to one of my existing webpages that has a Formview1 control. I thinking just like the example, add a script manager control to the page and the calendar extension and everything should work without me have to redo the whole web application or page in a AJAX enabled website.  I not su...

Ajax enabled vs Ajax toolkit website in visual studio
Hi thereHope this is the right place to post this This probably is the dummest question (almost didnt post cause i think its so dum) but please could somebody tell me what is the difference an Ajax enabled website and an Ajax toolkit website?I downloaded and installed the ajax toolkit as per the instructions etc etc and now have 2 templates available in VS, Ajax enabled website (under installed templates) and Ajax toolkit website (under My templates). Which one do i useThanks in advance for any explaination  No questions are dum ;) ASP.Net Toolkit template will make sure yo...

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

Web resources about - Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled - for Ajax toolkit - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Rothesay building new arena, converting existing rink to fieldhouse
The Town of Rothesay plans to build a new arena and convert the existing one into a fieldhouse.