Can't add Toolkit dll to Visual Studio toolbox - can't load Miscrosoft.Web.Extensions

Hi

I'm trying to use the Control toolkit in VS 2005 but i'm not having any look. When i try and add the dll to the toolbox I get the error

"Cannot load file or assembly Microsoft.Web.Extensions v1.0.61025......"

I am using an atlas installation. Is this the problem? I tried installing the ajax beta but it said another version was already installed. I'm worried that if i uninstall my current atlas installation, my other applications based on atlas will not run. I do not have time to upgrade these so I guess i need to know if the ajax beta is bakwards compatible.

Thanks a lot

andrea

0
andieje

The release notes indicate when there is a version dependency on the Atlas/ASP.NET AJAX bits. Specifically, 61020 requires Beta 1 and 61106 requires Beta 2.

http://blogs.msdn.com/Delay

David

I don't see the 'ATLAS' tab in Visual Studio's ToolBox............
I've seen many video tutorials on ATLAS, I've seen a tab 'ATLAS' in the tolbox, that is not in my toolbox. How can I get it???????? Freelance Web Developer & HTML IntegratorASP.NET(1.1/2.0) == PHP Hi,1) right click on the Toolbox --> Add tab (give it the name "ATLAS")2) right click inside the new tab --> Choose Items --> Select the Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll assembly  Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action Friend I dont find " Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll assembly " in the dialogue box..Do i have to install somet...

Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET"
Cann't add the reference ' System.Web.UI' from ".NET",and i can n't find the file "System.web.UI.dll" from the "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework",so anyone can help me solve it thanks there is a no-footbird.the wind is its nest.it never stops flying until it dies... System.Web.UI is namespace, not an assembly. Add "System.Web.dll" and that will include System.Web.UI.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog Is your project a web project? To me, it looks like missing system.web.dll in your reference I think you need to reference system.web in the References...

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Firefox won't load, won't open web pages
I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's happening: Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages. Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft. _Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM: > I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's > happening: Fire...

MakeMaker and TESTS => 't/*.t t/*/*.t'
I'm maintaining a module (Regexp::Common) which has a large set of tests. Therefore I decided to not put all the test scripts in t/, but to make subdirectories in t/. I added "test => {TESTS => 't/*.t t/*/*.t'}" to the call to WriteMakefile in Makefile.PL, and all worked well. At least, so I thought. It works fine on Unix, but it seems to fail under Windows. I got the following report: Installing perl extension Writing Makefile for Regexp::Common Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.00.9466 Copyright (C) Microsoft Cor...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Fast, but won't load some web pages..haven't tied Private Browsing though
Name: Tim Atwater Email: timatwateratfastimapdotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Fast, but won't load some web pages..haven't tied Private Browsing though Comments: Seems especially incompatible with Yahoo pages for some reason. Looks promising though, as usual for Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them t...

Cache full
Name: Ryan Gajsek Email: rjgajsekatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Cache full - pages don't load or don't load graphic Comments: I used to use Netscape for my browser and now am using Firefox. After surfing the web awhile when I go to the Ebay homepage the main Graphic does not come up. When I go to my Gmail inbox sometimes the page does not load up but says "done". When I go to tools/options/clearcache and then load these pages everything goes back to normal. I never had to do that with Netscape. It's almost as if in Netscape that once you re...

Differences between a 'Web Site' and a 'Web Application' w.r.t. .Design namespaces?
I have a web site project which I want to convert to a web application. I noticed that the website has references to System.Design, System.Drawing.Design and System.Web.Extensions.Design.When I create a new Web Application project none of these Design namespaces are referenced. So, when converting a web site project to a web application should I leave out those references?  I ask this because I just read Scott G's tips for converting a Web Site to a Web Application and the first point he makes is that one needs to include, in one's new web application, all the same references us...

CTP Microsoft.Web.Preview.dll won't install into VS.NET toolbox
I installed the AJAX Futures January CTP, and then tried to drag the Microsoft.Web.Preview.dll from Windows Explorer into a new tab in the Visual Studio .NET toolbox.  No controls appeared in the tab.  The was an error sound, but no error message anywhere that I could find.  What should I be doing to add the CTP controls to the VS.NET toolbox?  Thanks, Dennis how about dont use drag and drop right click on toolbox and choose itmes then brower to the CTP January .dll  James Wu (MIB426).NET is only way to goMCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD...

"chdir 't' if -d 't'" is evil?
Hi, I'm working on a release of PathTools, including File::Spec and Cwd. I've been told (though I never quite grokked it) to put the following code in the test scripts: BEGIN { chdir 't' if -d 't'; if ($ENV{PERL_CORE}) { @INC = '../lib'; } } use Cwd; However, I've just realized that this messes up @INC, because the Cwd.pm we need to test is in blib/lib/, which is added to the path by -Mblib, but it won't be found if we chdir('t'). I would really like to remove that whole block and make Tes...

CTP Microsoft.Web.Preview.dll won't install into VS.NET toolbox #2
I installed the AJAX Futures January CTP, and then tried to drag the Microsoft.Web.Preview.dll from Windows Explorer into a new tab in the Visual Studio .NET toolbox.  No controls appeared in the tab.  The was an error sound, but no error message anywhere that I could find.  What should I be doing to add the CTP controls to the VS.NET toolbox?  Thanks Rafael...

$Config{'extensions'} vs. t/lib/glob*.t
Is there some reason that all of the lib/glob*.t tests have had their startup code look for "File/Glob" in $Config{'extensions'} ? The extensions string has File::Glob, and the result is that the lib/glob* tests are all skipped. I'd *guess* that either someone slipped with a text editor, replacing :: with /, or that the form of the $Config{'extensions'} has changed and we haven't picked up on in in MM_VMS.PM. Any ideas? Charles Lane wrote: > Is there some reason that all of the lib/glob*.t tests have had their > startup code look for...

Some pages won't load. But by ckicking 'refresh' they load immediatly
Name: Tor Øyvind Sjøvik Email: goddotaftenathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Some pages won't load. But by ckicking 'refresh' they load immediatly Comments: When using stumpleupon or simply just entering a domain name in the address bar the page won't load. In the bottom left corner it says something about getting information etc, but it stands still until the error message which says 'domain not found' comes on the screen. But as I click on the refresh button the site loads at normal speed without any delays. Sometimes it takes more t...

Web resources about - Can't add Toolkit dll to Visual Studio toolbox - can't load Miscrosoft.Web.Extensions - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Techmeme: Miscrosoft Virtual Earth Expands 3-D Coverage To Include New York (Search Engine Land)
The web's technology news site of record, Techmeme spotlights the hottest tech stories from all around the web on a single page.

Wendy Darling (@MissWendyD) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Wendy Darling @ MissWendyD ...

Microsoft Azure available for Australian resellers
Miscrosoft Azure will soon be available to Australian reseller partners through Open Licensing programs.

Screen Capturer: Screenshots Come Back To Unlocked Windows Phone Mango
If you look at the Miscrosoft's feedback page for Windows Phone 7, you will notice that screenshot support is in the top 10 demanded features. ...

Local Advertising Will Dominate Mobile Ad Spending
... smartphones when we need information that is immediate and proximate. Google says that 40% of mobile searches are for local information. Miscrosoft ...

Yahoo rechaza oferta de Microsoft
Considera Yahoo que la oferta de Microsoft le resta valor a la empresa y la rechaza

47 Amazing Microsoft Statistics (March 2014)
Tonight, we continue our digital statistic post series my taking a look at Microsoft. Here are a few of the more interesting Microsoft statistics ...

Nintendo Loses Grip On Home Console Market
Four months before Miscrosoft and roll out their glamorous new home consoles, 's Wii U is foundering. This was the summer when Nintendo was supposed ...

Miscrosoft’s Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 now available in 5 colors
I don’t know what the occasion is, but apparently Microsoft has decided to dish out its Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 in 5 dazzlingly ...