Button Click event is not firing when ajax modal popup control is used in my aspx page

Hi to all ,my problen is without using ajax my application is working fine but my problem is i have to display an error message in ajax modal popup contol when i click on a button aftter using ajax contol my button click event it self is not firing can u please help me in solving my problem its very urgent

the sample code is as follows

{

//Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:return onOk(" + TextBox1.Text + ")");

}

{

Button1.OnClientClick =
"javascript:onOk(" + TextBox1.Text + ");";

}

var str;

function onOk(str)

{

alert(str);

}

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" >

</asp:ScriptManager>

&nbsp; &nbsp;<br />

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />&nbsp;

<ajaxToolkit:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server"

TargetControlID="Button1"

PopupControlID="Panel1"

BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground"

DropShadow="true"

OkControlID="OkButton"

CancelControlID="CancelButton" /><asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" style="display: none" CssClass="modalPopup" Width="233px">

<asp:Label ID="lbl2" runat="server" Text="hai this is for testing"></asp:Label>

<asp:Button ID="OkButton" runat="server" Text="OK" />

<asp:Button ID="CancelButton" runat="server" Text="Cancel" />

</asp:Panel>

0
mvsn_pavan

Use like this.

    {
        Button1.Attributes.Add("OnClientClick", "javascript:onOk(" + TextBox1.Text + ");");
    }
    {
        //Button1.OnClientClick = "javascript:onOk(" + TextBox1.Text + ");";
    }

dakshitha
-1
ruckfules

this code will help to throw n error

 this.UpdatePanel1 ==> pointing ur update panel

ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.UpdatePanel1, typeof(string), "Your Project Name:optional", "alert('Error occured during plotiong Graph !');", true);

SSN
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you.
2
suthish
8/19/2008 7:43:57 AM

 Try with this,

{

  ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Page, typeof(Page), "test", "onOk(" + TextBox1.Text + ");", true);

}

Ahsan Murshed
__________________________
Please "Mark as Answered" if helpful for you.
ASP BOSS
1
ahsanm

From your description, I understand that you would like use the ModalPopupExtender ‘s target send some message when the popup panel is popuped.

When we set a service control button as the TargetControlID property of the ModalPopupExtender, the event of this button would be hidden and  the OnClientClick can’t be fired too.

There are two methods to achieve your goal:

  1. Set a invisible dummy button to the ModalPopupExtender’s TargetControl. In the OnClientClick property of the open button, send the message and open the ModalPopupExtender’s popup panel.
  2. Add a function handle the ModalPopupExtender’s showing event by using the add_showing method in the client pageLoad fuction.

Please refer to my sample code here:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="SendMessageToModalWhenPopup.aspx.cs"
    Inherits="SoluTest_ModalOutsideUDP.SendMessageToModalWhenPopup" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %>
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    <link href="Stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

    <script type="text/javascript">

    function pageLoad() {
        //Method 2:
        //handle the ModalPopupExtender’s showing event
        //(there is no need to use the dummy target)
        $find("ModalPopupExtender1").add_showing(showHandler);
    }

    function showHandler(){
        alert($get("TextBox1").value);
    }

    function onOk()
    {
        //Method 1:
        //Use another button to open the dummy target's ModalPopup panel
        //if use the onclientclick, we have to add 'return false' to avoid postback
        //alert($get("TextBox1").value);
        $find("ModalPopupExtender1").show();
    }
    </script>

</head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server">Please input some text.</asp:TextBox>
        <asp:Button ID="btnDummy" runat="server" Text="Button" Style="display: none" />
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClientClick="onOk();return false;" />
        <ajaxToolkit:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="btnDummy"
            PopupControlID="Panel1" BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground" DropShadow="true"
            OkControlID="OkButton" CancelControlID="CancelButton" />
        <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Style="display: none" CssClass="modalPopup"
            Width="233px">
                <asp:Label ID="lbl2" runat="server" Text="hai this is for testing"></asp:Label>
                <asp:Button ID="OkButton" runat="server" Text="OK" />
                <asp:Button ID="CancelButton" runat="server" Text="Cancel" />
        </asp:Panel>
    </form>
Note: you can use one of the two methods rather than both of them.

Please let me know whether this helps or not.

Best regards,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
Zhi
8/22/2008 4:20:43 AM
Please help me i tried in many ways but i am failing Issue is by getting the error msg from database i have to display that error msg in ajax modalpopup, the error msg is not static it my change based on the error occured.

Please help me thanks in advance

0
mvsn_pavan

What my thought of your aim is to show the ModalPopupExtender with the Error Message inside when the Error is occored.

If so, please use my first method which is provided above, that’s set an invisible dummy button to the ModalPopupExtender, then show it as soon as you would like to by using the ‘show’ method(there is no need to use the button’s onclick method). You can use Label or TextBox to display the Error Message before it is shown.

Please feel free to let me know your test step, code or any issue.

Best regards,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
1
Zhi
8/27/2008 6:48:47 AM

what u said is right i have to display the error msg in popup but how to do it can u please help e ,can u please send me a small sample

3
mvsn_pavan

    try
    {
     //your DB connection
    }
    catch(Exception ex)
    {
     lbl2.Text=”strError”;//your error message
     ModalPopupExtender1.Show();
    }
Best regards,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as
Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
0
Zhi

Using a user control 2 times on a page: first one fires all events, second one fires all events but not 4 buttons
Hello!Edit solved:The problem was that depending on the databind i didn't add the buttons to the control tree instead of simple set visible to false. This worked fine for the first user control cause databinding was triggered on Page_Load but for the secon one the databidning took place later on so the condition not to add the buttons to the control tree set in. The simple solution was to always add the buttons to the control  tree and then check on Pre_render if the visaibility had to be set to false.So always keep in ind:1) Add controls to the control tree for the postback ev...

Ajax Control toolkit ----Tab control ---Button click event is not firing
 Hi frdsi'm using ajax control toolkit controls in my web applicationi have done an application which uses tab controllogin tab and register tabfor both the bustton event is not firinghere is the code in html  <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/DefaultMaster.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Tab1.aspx.vb" Inherits="Tabs_Tab1" title="Untitled Page" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="SampleContent" Runat="Server"> <ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptM...

Firing a Button Click Event and Ajax Animation (using the AnimationExtender) on a single button
I want to run an animation and some code behind on a button, however whenever I click the button the animation will not work. I take the code behind away and the animation works. Help! I have encountered similar problems to this before with animations, assigning "return false;" on the OnClientClick of whatever buton is triggering the animation woul solve the problem, however I don't think I can do that here because I need C# code to run in the back as well.  I think I solved my own problem here, so I will just post my solution here for the other guys just as new to ...

doesn't fire button click event while button is binding with Model popup control
Hi, I have created using asp:button control as TargetControlID  for Modal PopUp control. I  want to run some code on btn_click event also. but after using this button with model popup  control not firing btn_click() Event. <asp:ImageButton id="btn_buy" ImageUrl="~/Images/ShoppingItemImage/btnbuyred.gif" runat="server" OnClick="btn_buy_Click"></asp:ImageButton> and Model Popup <cc1:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="btn_buy1" PopupControlID="pnl_user" DropShadow="true" >             </cc1:ModalPopupExtender> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help .Jeetendra SharmaSoftware EngineerJodhpur (Raj.)India HI  U make   TargetControlID="btn_buy" instead of   TargetControlID="btn_buy1"  Try this..              HI Happy SmilingRegardsKarthikeyanhttp://www.karthidotnet.blogspot.com/ Hi, I did that for debugging only. I used btn_buy . But Problem is not  resolved  Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help .Jeetendra SharmaSoftware EngineerJodhpur (Raj.)India  If you want to fire some server side code before showing the modal popup, you are better off using theMod...

Web User Control - Button Click
I have a web user control which is has one Button control on it. It has a event for handling the click... if I put this user control ( button ) at the top  of the page, the click event does not get fired just page is refreshed...but where as if I move to the bottom of the page, ButtonClick is fired ???? I am completely clueless why is this change of behavior with respect to the position of the control?? Thanks. could you show us the code that you have problem with ...   Here is the code ( i have taken out the unwanted part of the page ) Please note that the bSave does not work where as bSave1 works...  Thanks.  ======================================================================================================================= ProjWPRP.aspx  <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/TopMenuTemplate.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ProjWPRP.aspx.cs" Inherits="WPRP.Web.ProjWPRP" %><%@ register src="ucEditControl.ascx" tagname="ucEditControl" tagprefix="uc3" %><%@ register src="ucButtonControl.ascx" tagname="ucButtonControl" tagprefix="uc1" %><asp:content contentplaceholderid="Body" id="cProjWPRP" runat="server"><br /><p><uc1:ucbuttoncontrol id="bSave" runat="server" cssclass="stdbutton" label="Save"></u...

Image button if fired, but there is a new issue. Help needed in displaying mutiple data in accordian style(using modal popup extender) when grid row is selected and image button is clicked
Hi, I did work on server side code of image button without specfiying Modal Pop up target control id as imagebutton in aspx page, it throws error when registering the imagebutton in Grid selected Index changed event.. here is code vwbenftsBtn.Click += new EventHandler(this.vwbenftsBtn_Click); I am not sure why is it throwing error... Using the button instead of image button works fine.. we have a Masterpage with all the web application menus and other copyright stuff added and this page is referenced in all the pages. The issue is we have form tag defined in the Masterpage. For the mo...

Button click event not firing inside modal popup
Hi All,I am using a ModalPopup Extender and in the Popup i have link button. The link button has some server side code written against the Click event. The click event is not fired at all. Can any body please help me in this regard.Thanks   If you have validators in the page ; then use validation group even if they all are in single validation group other wise i dont see a reason why it doesnt fire the click event  Hello, first dunno if you google it, but there are a lot of reasons/awnsers about those problems.Anyway, please double check the OkControlID of your Modal Popup Extender, if your current LinkButton is binded with it, then the postback won't occurs. If you want a postback to the server, don't bind the link button on the OkControlID or CancelControlID, just add the name of the server side function on the OnClick event. Good luck ! ~ ForceMagic - Aleajecta Dev Team ~Please click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question....

Button event is not firing in ascx control when loaded on aspx page
 Hi, I used code like this for Dynamically  loading usercontrol in aspx page.             Control uc1 = LoadControl("Users/userdetails.ascx");            PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(uc1); But in userdetails.ascx page i have "Submit" button when i Click on button it was not firing.please any one help me why it was happening,suggest me how to solve this problem. Thanks in Advance Hi,in which event do you add your usercontrol? Because you can run into ...

Ajax control toolkit-modal popup-how to get btn click event.
 hi, i have used modal popup extender in my webpage with vb code, and want to update or insert data in database so how can i do this. i have used following code but not able to get debugging on click event of save and cancel button in code behind.1) what is the problem with script or code?2) what is the solution?3) if any in one have good demo for modal popup extender please help it..Thanks...  in abc.aspx page<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1"%>  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ...

Calling parent window (using master page) button click event from an opened child window (not using master page)
I have a parent window that pops up a child window. In the child window, there is a server control LinkButton, with the following command at code-behind upon clicking:         Response.Write("<SCRIPT> javascript:window.opener.document.getElementById('<%=btnMas.ClientID%>').click(); </SCRIPT>");        Response.Write("<SCRIPT> javascript:window.close() </SCRIPT>");        Response.End(); What it would like to do are:1) Invoke the ...

Pls Help: Inheritance Control declared in aspx: Button Event firing! Inheritance control created programmatically: buttons NOT Firering
Hello all,Facing a problem again hope u can help me out:Control:   [Serializable] public class HeaderField { public string HeaderText { get; set; } public bool NotSortable { get; set; } public string SortExpression { get; set; } public HeaderField(string text, string sortExp) { HeaderText = text; SortExpression = sortExp; } } public class EviSorterCommandEventArgs : CommandEventArgs { public string Message { get; set; } public EviSorterCommandEventArgs(string message, CommandEventArgs origi...

AJAX modal popup extender blocking other button's event handlers from executing on the page
Hi All, I have a page with 3 buttons - claim,Ignore,Unignore. On this page i have a asp.net link button which when clicked opens up a AJAX modal pop up . there i have two buttons in the pop up - submit and cancel. The pop up works fine but the onclick event for the other buttons on the page is not getting fired. if i remove the AJAX pop up related code, it works fine. Your suggestions and help is highly appreciated Regards, Adi    Hi All, I would like to make somethign clear, after checking the post i wrote. The buttons - Claim,ignore,unignore was not fring oncli...

ISSUE WITH Control's behaviour inisde UPDATE PANEL
 hii evry1..,             i have an strange issue...here..plzz chk it out..                      aspx page:            < asp:UpdatePanel ID="OUpdatePanel" runat="server" >                <ContentTemplate>             &nbs...

Postback of one frame in response to click of a image button in another frame in the same page(Note:-Both frames there are 2 different aspx page but in a same page page using 2 frames)
Hi all, I am having a C# coded page with 2 different frames in it.This 2 frames contain each an aspx file.So the functionality am trying is I have image buttons in one frame .So when i click that image button the other frame i have should load with a specified image in it. I tried redirecting it but that happens only in the first frame where the image buttons are.Resulted in showing the 2 frames in the first frame. I am stuck in this for almost a day.Please can anyone help regarding this?. Regards, Joseph look into the Target attribute of the anchor: for example: <a h...

Composite control EVENT NOT FIRING when using with page having a master page
 Hi All am creating a custom composite control to upload file having and FileUpload and Button inside my custome control. My control is working fine with stand alone page (page which don't have master page) but when i use with page having master page the Button click event used inside my custom control dont get fired. So plz anybody help me. My reduced code is Normal 0 using System; using System.Configuration; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;...

Modal Popup on Master page not updating ListBox control on aspx page.
 Hello, I am facing a problems.  I have a Master Page that includes a Model Popup Extender code. When master page is loaded with inner child page, the child page has list box control to show address book list. The master page calls the model popup extender to edit the address books and add new address books. The issues comes, when I try to close the model popup extender that also saves the address book contacts. I want when this popup closes it should refresh the list box in child page with new address book data. Please if someone can help me out in this issues. Lo...

using master page controls in content page and adding click event
Hi  I've currently got a control on my master page and i'm trying to write an even on the content page that fires when the button is clicked, I don't think it is working though. Can someone help? The code is below:  masterpage <asp:ImageButton id="imgButton" runat="server"/> code behind Public Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load, Me.Load Public ReadOnly Property lnkbFromMasterPage() As ImageButtonGetReturn imgButtonEnd GetEnd Property  content page code behind: Public Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load, Me.LoadIf Not IsPostBack Then Dim cmp As MasterPage = CType(Master, MasterPage)If Not IsNothing(cmp) ThenAddHandler cmp.lnkbFromMasterPage.Click, AddressOf lnkbFromMasterPage_ClickEnd If End IfEnd SubProtected Sub lnkbFromMasterPage_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Response.Write("test") End Sub I'm not getting the message printed to the screen so I presume it isn't working correctly can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Gemma  First, you can do it this way. Dim imgButton As ImageButton = cType(Master.FindControl("imgButton"), ImageButton)    Or..you can expose the control as a public property in the page load event of the Master Page.   Public ReadOnly Property lnkbFromMasterPage() As ImageButton Get Return imgButton End...

button click handler on .aspx page for user web control button
Hi guys,  I have a web user control which contains my search function(some textfields and a button named btnSearch).  I create a web part manager and a web part zone to put the web user control in it to allow the user to minimise/show the search function   In my web page(.aspx), I have a nested datagrid and the web part manger and the webpart zone. Is there a way get the event handle for the btnSearch.click in the aspx page? This is to allow me to filter the datagrid based on the search critial given in the search function...

click event not firing for linkbuttons created after page load (AJAX Enabled Page)

C# .NET need button to fire without fire page load event

How do I invoke the button's click event using using VB.Net
I am programming VB.Net for my ASP.net project. Can anyone tell me how do I code the "button" server control to invoke the click event? I believe one line of VB code would do. It didn't work when I try btnButton.Click() ???? Thank You! You can always call btnButton_Click(Me, EventArgs.Empty) If I remember correctly. This assumes you have a btnButton_Click(sender as Object, e as EventArgs) sub somewhere in your page. Greg You can also do btnButton_Click.PerformClick() !Jarod Sorry... Forget... The PerformClick method exist only for windows forms b...

button click event from another button click not firing
 Hi,  I want to trigger a button click event from another button click .It is not firing.  Please help.  protected void btnReview_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {       if (MandatoryValidation())        {         this.Button1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.Button1_Click);       } }protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { } protected void btnReview_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){            if (MandatoryValidation())     {        this.Button1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.Button1_Click); //The event is registered not called.        Button1_Click(null, null);      } }protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { }Hope that helps  Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill :::  protected void btnReview_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {       if (MandatoryValidation())        {         Button1_Click(null,null);       } }protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { }Kamran...

Ajax controls/events in partial page updates w/o using Ajax UpdatePanel
 I company I work for has been using a old library ("slickback") which does XML-based form postbacks via javascript and replaces DIV tag sections (looks very much like how Ajax does panel updates).  It works somewhat okay for content updates w/o updating the page.  We'd like to someday move the whole system to AJAX but as of right now, there is no time to do so.We recently started using AJAX Controls such as the SliderExtender.  These work great......  until we do our slickback postback.  When the content is updated, the sliders disappear and all t...

Dynamically add controls to user control based on Parent page button click event
Hi, I have a page which contains a button, a dropdownlist and a user control.  The user control is added to the parent page during page_load.    If the user clicks on the button, the value in the dropdownlist is passed to the usercontrol via the usercontrols public properties and is stored in its viewstate. The user control is dynamically populated with fields based on a database id passed to it from the parent page.  I gave the user control a public property which hooked into the ViewState bag of the user control so that I could pass it the database id at r...

Web resources about - Button Click event is not firing when ajax modal popup control is used in my aspx page - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

Towing industry out of control
WA’S accident towing industry is one of the worst in Australia, according to a confidential insurance company briefing paper.

Is this the beginning of the end for the TV remote control?
A new TV set ditches the familiar remote we've grown to we've known to love, hate and lose. Say hello to a 6-inch tablet control instead.

Is this the beginning of the end for the TV remote control?
A new TV set ditches the familiar remote we've grown to we've known to love, hate and lose. Say hello to a 6-inch tablet control instead.

Amazon Will Let Alexa Control Your Nest Thermostats Without Leaving Your Seat
Amazon.com, Inc.\'s (NASDAQ:AMZN) hands-free bluetooth speaker, Echo, will soon be able to control Nest thermostats with voice-commands, letting ...

Oracle Team USA's new America's Cup boat is so fast 'It doesn't quite feel like you're in control'
... MPH) in their new AC50 yacht, meeting the fastest speeds of the larger AC72 boats from the 2013 cup. "It doesn't quite feel like your in control," ...

Obamacare birth control mandate arguments hinge on 'burden' and what's 'objectionable'
... non-profits are arguing against a provision of Obamacare that requires employers to provide health insurance coverage that includes birth control. ...

Amazon's Alexa controls Nest thermostats
Beginning today Amazon's digital assistant Alexa can control Nest thermostats. If you're home is too warm or too cold, just shout at the voice-activated ...

Trying To Control The Vote In A New Venture Can Be Toxic
Although it can seem less efficient, managing by consensus leads to better decisions and a stronger culture among a leadership team.

Soon, You Will Be Able To Use Your Amazon Echo To Control Your Nest
... for Amazon’s Echo , but that doesn’t mean that they’re not willing to play along with the consumer giant. You can now use Alexa to control your ...