Atlas Extended Properties not working in the Properties tab of Visual Studio

Hi,

I installed Atlas and the Atlas toolkit on my machine, and I can run the SampleWebsite without any problem. But when I create a new Atlas project, and try to add a control extender to a page, I don't get the extended properties in the properties tab of the controls that the control extender is supposed to extend (sorry about the contorted sentence ;))

Example: if I create a new 'Atlas web site' and add a TextBox to the Default.aspx page, then add a TextBoxWatermarkExtender, when I look at the Properties of the TextBox, all I see is an empty "TextBoxWaterMarkExtender" property, and I can't type anything into the property field! Also, if I try to expand the collapsible property by clicking on the + symbol, nothing happens, and the + symbol disappears.

This also happens if I try to add a control to any of the pages of the Atlas SampleWebSite. e.g. if I try and add one more confirm button to ConfirmButton.aspx in the SampleWebSite, the same thing happens.

The only way I found to overcome this problem, is to manually add a TextBoxWatermarksProperties tag in the source for each textbox I want to set a watermark for.

I think the extenders are supposed to work out-of-the box, at least I saw them working fine in the webcast I watched, and I can't figure out why they don't work like that for me...

Does anyone have a clue about this?

Thank you in advance

Marco Anastasi

My blog
0
marcoanastasi

I have the exact problem

I added a button and a confirmbuttonextender. the extender shows up on the button properties but when you click the (+) to extend it, the (+) vanishes and there are no properties.

I have the sample site running fine and the button does have the properties showing in the sample projects but not in the apps i create.

Please send us clues!

AlexSken
9/11/2006 1:44:02 AM
I managed to solve the problem :) All you need to do is use the latest Atlas source files and everything will work fine. You can download the latest version from codeplex under the Source Code tab ;)
My blog
0
marcoanastasi
9/11/2006 10:22:29 AM
Thanks Marco!
0
AlexSken
9/11/2006 8:23:48 PM
My pleasure :)
My blog
0
marcoanastasi

Expose Properties of user control to Visual Studio Properties Toolbox
Hi, is there a way to expose the custom properties of a web user control (.ascx, not a server control) to the Visual Studio .NET properties toolbox? [Browsable(true), Category("Data")] public string Headline { get { return this._headline; } set { this._headline = value; } } won't do it.regardsAlex Only way I've seen is by creating a Server Control that mirrors the properties (can be done with a designer and reflection) and loads the ascx at runtime. hi thanks for your answer - i also thought about this...

Component Properties All Properties tab
Is there a size/item limit to the Component Properties All Properties repository? I'd like to store (potentially hundreds) customer connection username/password information in this area. None we are aware of. Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "David Short" <david.short@prescriber.com> wrote in message news:396A581C.2454F1DB@prescriber.com... > Is there a size/item limit to the Component Properties All Properties > repository? I'd like to store (potentially hundreds) customer > connection username/password information in this area. >...

Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Blank Property Browser Bug
I have been working with visual studio.net and found a bug that after using Installer Project, my property browser went blank forever, and There was no way to modify and set the property browser visible again. I found out the solution and it is here on this link http://www.akashkava.com/articles/vstudio.net/bug/blank-property-browser.html If we delete entire folder of visual studio settings folder in application settings of user, then property browser works perfectly. But this folder is created everytime when visual studio exits. I have created an automatic add-in for visual studio ...

FIX: The IntelliSense feature for a Visual C# .NET project stops working in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
Ever got mad because your IntelliSense disappeared? Microsoft finally heard you: http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_838470.aspx or: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838470 MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD .NET, MSF Practitioner...

No DataWindows .Net Tab in Visual Studio .Net
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've installed DataWindows .Net on a machine already running Visual Studio .Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro). No Errors or complaints during the installation. There is no DataWindow .Net Tab in the Tools window in .Net.....trying to Add Components....No Sybase Datawindows .Net components are available for Adding. The DataWindow Designer works Fine. Also have PowerBuilder 8.0 on the same machine and that works fine as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Try running the dwtoolboxreg.exe and/or when you go to Add Components, brows...

custom extender, boolean property, invalid cast exception on property accessor when serializing extender state on the server
I have extended the TabPanel to support validation.  In the process of doing this, I added a CausesValidation property to both the extender control (C#) and the behavior (js).  When I try to load the page containing the custom tab panel, I get an invalid cast exception like so:   An exception of type 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred in System.dll but was not handled in user code Additional information: Property accessor 'CausesValidation' on object 'My.Web.AjaxControlToolkitExtensions.TabPanel' threw the following exception:'Unable to cast object of ty...

Atlas control properties not showing up in the properties view
I tried following the tutorials when I installed the Atlas Control Toolkit by creating a new Atlas website and adding the Atlas controls to the toolbox and dragging a confirmation extender to the Default.aspx and then I attempted to edit the Confirmation Text in the properties panel, but the only properties available to me was Enable View State, Data-Expressions, Misc-ID and scriptpath. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong, with my Atlas Installation? TIA, Dale Sides Select the control you're extending, not the extender itself.  I know this is confusing - we're working through ...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

How to allow multiple people to work on same project ? (VB.NET w/ Visual Studio.NET Pro)
Hey All, I just recently purchased Visual Studio.NET 2003 Professional as both my boss and I are going to be jointly working on a project. We are having troubles figuring out how to allow eachother to work on the same project though. Ideally, we would be able to either share a folder, or put the project on our network drives, and work on the project at the same time. How can this be done? THanks This was the answer: You need Microsoft SourceSafe. This software can be purchased seperately, or you can get it when its included with VS 2003/2005 Enterprise Edition ...

Web resources about - Atlas Extended Properties not working in the Properties tab of Visual Studio - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

General Growth Properties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chicago , Illinois , U.S. General Growth Properties, Inc. is an American real estate investment trust , headquartered at 110 North Wacker Drive ...

RentalRoost Brings Facebook Into Process Of Matching Up Home Seekers, Available Properties
... places to live , as RentalRoost , a San Francisco Bay-area-based website that incorporates Facebook data into its rankings of available properties, ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Australian Federal Police raid properties in new CFMEU-linked investigation
Federal Police have raided properties as part of an investigation into a CFMEU organiser suspected by authorities of being bribed.

Nobody's home: Housing boom leaves swathe of empty properties
The nation's three-year property boom is leaving its biggest cities awash with empty homes, a report shows.

WA fires: Blaze damage grows to 162 properties in South West
... the deadly bushfires in Western Australia's South West region have climbed to 162 homes. The updated assessment is an increase of 34 properties ...

Digital detox: Australians seek out nature properties to overcome technology burnout
Holiday home rental companies say they have seen a spike in the number of customers seeking digital detoxes, allowing savvy homeowners to offer ...

These are the 9 Airbnb properties where everybody dreams of staying
Airbnb has become popular partly because people can open up their exquisite (or strange) properties around the world. When Airbnb looked at ...