Ajax not work on Production Server but works in Development

I developed a web application that used VS2005, .Net Framework 2.0, Ajax 1.0, the database is connected to a database server with SQL server 2005. The application worked fine in my development PC but not in the production server. I'm getting this error:
Unable to create type 'ajaxToolkit:CascadingDropDown'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies

The application web.config contains:
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

The application server host ASP.NET 3.5, 2.0 and 1.1 applications works just fine.

Any help would be great thanks
0
jdmatrix

Are you sure the AJAX Extensions are loading on the server?

Wait... scratch that. You obviously have the newer Extensions up and running. The problem is that it's looking for 1.0.61025.0 when you have 3.5.0.0

Change the Version number to the newer version.

0
jlrolin
11/7/2008 9:59:58 PM

 Where I should change the version in the Ajax or what I need to include in the web.config. Any example will help.

0
jdmatrix

AJAX not working on server, works on test server and developer machine
I use ASP.NET AJAX on my web page. The page consists of two textboxes and two buttons. Textbox 1 is within an update panel triggered by button 1 and the other textbox is updated by full page postback caused by button 2. This works perfectly on my developer machine and on a test server (W2K3) but when I publish it to the real server (W2K3 Server) the page always posts back when clicking button 1 instead of just updating the textbox within the update panel. When I look at the source of the generated page in the browser I see that the server version of the page does not include a...

Class does not work on Production Server but works in Development
So I created a custom class A that I reference in Web Application B.  I added A as a reference to B and all goes well on the Development Machine.  When I deploy to my Production machine A no longer works and cannot write to the Event Log to tell me what isn't working.  On the production server the Site is hosted under an App Pool with a custom user.  It works if I change it back to a system user but I need it to run as the custom user.  Class A is not doing any file IO or anything like that all it is doing is encrypting/decrypting an Object.  Any ideas? b...

Ajax RC not working on production server, works on dev machine
Hi,I updated an Ajax Beta 2 web application to use the new RC build and it works fine on my development PC, but it doesn't work on my IIS6 production server.  I checked and both of the DLLs are in the GAC.  Has anyone else ran into this?  I get this error when trying to access the page:Server Error in '/UserManager' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information ab...

AJAX on iis7 not working on web host but works on my iis6 Development Server
I have AJAX on my asp.net 2.0 site, my development server has iis 6 and have recently begun using a web host that supports AJAX and runs iis 7.  Everything runs fine exept AJAX.  I don't even get an error it usually just performs a full post back when I click on an AJAX link.        I have been searching for weeks for something to help me.  By the way, my web.config does contain: <xhtmlConformance mode="Transitional" /> I would really appriciate any help on this matter, I have run out ideas on this ...

AJAX not working on deployed server, but works on test server
Hello, I tried to search on this question, but I'm not sure how to form it, so if it has been answered, my appologies. I had an application developed by a 3rd party company using ASP.NET (2.0, C#) and AJAX.  On their test server the AJAX is working.  I have a page that has three drop downs.  The top drop down populates the second and the second populates the third.  On my production box, the app is not getting the new data for the second and third drop downs.  (But it does on the test server)  I am running MS 2003 server with IIS and ASP.NET and AJAX insta...

AJAX.net doesn't work on production server?
So everything works perfectly on my dev computer (even in iis on XP), but it won't work at all on the production machine.  Here are the errors I've gotten and what I've done. First I got an error saying it can't find an assembly, so I added System.Web.Extensions and System.Web.Extensions.Design to the bin folder.  Why aren't these assemblies added automatically and why would it work on the development box with out the assemblies in the bin folder but it won't work on the production server? After I did that I got a message about how my pages weren&#...

AJAX Server Controls not working on production server
Hi All, I asked this question some time ago in the deployment forum but got no reply I'm now hitting it again and would really appreciate some ideas.. I am developing an ASP.NET 3.5 application which uses several custom AJAX Server Controls, these controls work fine on my development machine and on a Windows Server 2003 test machine, however on one of our production servers (which is also Windows Server 2003 and has had ASP.NET 3.5 installed) I get undefined namespace errors from Javascript in the script which is creating client-side instances of my controls eg. "MyTabControl...

upload to ftp server, worked on local server but not work in production environment, pls help
Hi, I'm trying to upload a file to ftp server. after searching for some code on internet I found a simple code and tried it. while it worked on my local server, but when I moved it to production IIS server, I got "part of file is not found" error. can someone help me ?  this is the code I use (worked on local server) :         using (System.Net.WebClient client = new System.Net.WebClient())        {            client.Credentials = new System.Net....

Web app won't work on production server, but works on testing server.
Hi, I have been trying to figure out this problem to no success.  I hope someone understands what is going on. I am using ASP.NET 2.0 on both servers.  I am trying to test a simple app that creates a simple treeview out of the sites directory structure.  It uses a custom provider written by "4GuysFrom..." called FileSystemSiteMapProfiler.  All the app is a page that creates a tree structure of my websites folder and files.  It works great at home (testing server- XP machine).  When I upload the files and run it online, it fails.  The error me...

Controls working on Development machine, not working on Server
   Well I have searched for a while now and have found several people asking the same questions but getting no real response.  So here goes...I have tabs, pageview, etc working on a page when running on my development machine (localhost) but when I deploy to the server the controls cease working, ie - you just get text for trees, tabs, etc and all the pages from the PageView control are show simultaneously.I have the web_ctrl folder installed in the inetpub\wwwroot directory and the dll file is installed in the bin directory.  Everything looks the same on both machin...

Ajax not working on production server.
I have an app I built using Ajax Extensions 1.0 and it works fine on my local machine but when I put it up on the production server the ajax calls don't fire.  I don't get any errors they just don't fire.  I put both System.Web.Extensions.dll and System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll in the bin folder for my app on the server but it doesn't seem to work.  I have any other app on the server that has the ajax calls working but that might be build with the beta version.  If anybody has any thoughts it would greatly appreciated. Maybe the ajax extensions has to be installed on the...

Ajax not working on production server
Hi, I deployed my ajax application to the production server, also downloaded and installed there the Ajax framework but clicking on a button does a standardnon ajax postback of the whole page .I do not get any error message, what can be the cause ?Thanks for any help Joe   Joe Robe well after countless hours of debugging stepping deep into the sources I found teh solution but I have NO CLUE what is going on here ?? What happened is that in the web.config I did set xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy". This WORKS on my XP workstation and DOES NOT on the w3k productio...

Website with AJAX not working on production box but works locally
Not sure if the post belongs here, but if anyone could help me out that would be great. Website just started implementing AJAX works fine on my local computer (compiled on my computer) and also on a fellow developers (compiled locally). Both computers are running windows xp IIS 6.0. However when the webiste is compiled and created to run on production server (2003) I get 'sys' is undefined under the scriptresources.axd file. The site is not compiled on the production box, and a bunch of dlls are created. The only files that are visible are the aspx pages. The Web.Congfig files ...

Ajax not Working on Production Server #2
I´m develping a web app. with asp .net 2 and im using ajax and the ajax control toolkit.Everything works fine on my development machine, even when i put in my produccion server i access via intranet. The problem is when i access via internet. I dont get any errors but simply the ajex behavior does not exists  Any ideas. Thanks.  Is javascript turned on the production machine? Eric JavaScript Enabled on the produccion server? It works well when i access via intranet. ej.     http://serverName/appName, but not when i access http://appname.domain.comlike i sa...

Web resources about - Ajax not work on Production Server but works in Development - asp.net.ajax_control_toolkit

United States Department of Housing and Urban Development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robert C. Weaver Federal Building , 451 7th Street SW , Washington, D.C. 38°53′2.17″N 77°1′21.03″W  /  38.8839361°N 77.0225083°W  / 38.8839361; ...

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Fremantle’s waterfront development ‘bigger than Elizabeth Quay': Mayor
... of Fremantle has a radical plan to transform land in front of Fremantle Harbour and the Swan River into one of the biggest waterfront developments ...

Software Development Linkopedia January 2016
... working with UX, technical requirements management, software architecture, group problem-solving techniques and thinking slow in software development. ...

Vaadin Raises $6 Million For Open Source Development
... developers. With the new investment, the company having turnover of $10 million plans to boost its R&D activities and ecosystem development ...

Marvel’s ‘Punisher’ series reportedly in development at Netflix
Are you ready to add another superhero to Marvel's expanding rotation of Netflix stars? Over the weekend, TVLine was the first to report that ...

We're here to help: Feds want to accelerate autonomous-car development
From working to develop a solid national policy to allowing firms to file for rule exemptions, the government is ready to get behind the future ...

Moxian Enters Into Exclusive Agreement and Development Partnership With Xinhua Media ...
Moxian Enters Into Exclusive Agreement and Development Partnership With Xinhua Media ... CNNMoney Moxian, Inc. (OTCQB: MOXC) today announces ...

Oh shit, it’s Tommy Craggs on the most welcome development in football this year.
Oh shit, it’s Tommy Craggs on the most welcome development in football this year. (“Cam Newton didn’t observe the code; he made the code observe ...