UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control

Hello,

I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel.

I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels.

Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of the dropdowns and FileUpload controls to lose their entered text data. The postback resets these fields to their default initial values.

I know there have been posts about update panel postbacks on this forum, but none could solve my problem.

Thanks in advance

Pratz

0
Pratz17

Update - I resolved this by getting rid of the UpdatePanels and using web services instead, and calling them async thru Javascript.

For some weird reasons, the updatepanels were doing partial updates eventhough the Update mode was Conditional and ChildrenAsTriggers set to false.

Pratz

0
Pratz17

Javascript inside "web user control" not run if load "web user control" under ajax UpdatePanel

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

Update values outside a user control (async) from within the user control
 I have created a basic user control which has several text boxes on it.  When a particular text box is changed, I raise my own event for it up to the parent page.  From the parent page, I have an update panel with another text box in it.  I set the trigger of this update panel to my user control event.  How do I then assign the text box to a value from within my user control?Here's what I'm detailing:The parent page aspx:  <uc1:WebUserControl ID="WebUserControl1" runat="server" /> <asp:UpdatePanel ID=&quo...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User Controls Defined within User Controls
I have an ASP.NET web app that contains two primary user controls (call them control A and control B). In my app I have I also have another user control (control C). Both control A and control B define an instance of control C.  in my default.aspx page I defined them in the following order: Control B Control A Only one control is visible at a time depending on a previous user selection. I find that if the user selected control A, then somehow the contol C defined in control A, gets criss-crossed with the control C defined in control B.  The vice versa will occur of I...

How to Load User Control From Within User Control
I'd like to load a user control, that has its code-behind compiled into an assembly, from within another user control. The user control you see below is used as a page template, contained within a .aspx file. There is no code in the MySite.Web.UI.Pages.PageTemplate class. <%@ Control Language="C#" Inherits="MySite.Web.UI.Pages.PageTemplate" %> <%@ Register TagPrefix="mysite" Namespace="MySite.Web.UI.Controls" Assembly="MySite.Web" %> <div id="container"> <div id="pageHeader"> ...

Accessing a user control within a user control
Hi all, I have a user control and I'm using another user control within it but I'm unable to access the members of this nested user control. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks   Exposes the needed members as properties and access them.  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you  make the nested user control a property of the other user control.Regards Please click "Mark as Answer" if my reply solved your problem.Visit My Blog Can someone please provide an example? Thanks  For example if...

Accesing User Controls within User Control
I've a web page which is using a user control.  I need to put several user controls on that user control (which I'm loading on web page.).  My problem is how to access the user controls property on (which are on the user control) from web page. Please help. Thanks in advance. you need to create other property in your web control which will return an instance of your 2nd web controlDomain Names | ASP.NET 3.5 Hosting - $3.99/mo (10 GB Space, 300 GB Transfer, 200 MB MS SQL 2000/2005) Are you saying that you have multiple controls on one page that you want to talk to eachot...

Web resources about - UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control - asp.net.ajax-ui

Newest 'internet-explorer-11' Questions - Stack Overflow
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

Calendar of Events - St Paul the Apostle Primary, Winston Hills
... Paul the Apostle is a two-stream Catholic parish school in Winston Hills, catering for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6. Hidden UpdatePanel, ...

Drink of the Week - Logicum
Logicum It's Logical to share Menu Skip to content Home Contests Food Recipes Drink of the Week Health Technology Sports Space World Day Weapons ...

Advert-Rotator™ Rotate any type of ad, advert or banner - Welcome
NEW : Google Adsense™ in AJAX Updatepanel - Rotate any type of advertisement on your website. Whether it is Google Adsense™, Flash video or banner, ...

dotnet HighCharts inside UpdatePanel
Read my article about the HighCharts.net databind? A frequently question regards the possibility to get functioning a dotnet.HighCharts chart ...

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Presentation
... the following demo Visual Studio 2008 projects: ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Demo Illustrates how to use ASP.NET AJAX (ScriptManager, UpdatePanel, ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

New Release of WatirMaker now WatirRecorder
Rutger Smit & Scott Hanselman have released a new version of WatirMaker, now retitled WatirRecorder. This is a great program for building UI ...

Work smarter: MS AJAX’s JavaScript type extensions
Examples of using Array.contains, Date.format, String.format, and other base type extensions to accelerate ASP.NET AJAX client side development. ...