TabContainer Setting Focus to a control inside the TabPanel

I tried different ways to set the focus in a textbox inside a Tab Panel that was inside a TabContainer, could not get it done, tried with java script, nothing.

      <script type="text/javascript">
        function RegisteredUser1_TabCliked(sender, e) {
            var UserName_Control =  $get('<%=UserName1.ClientID%>');
            UserName_Control.focus();
        }
       </script>

<ajaxToolkit:TabContainer ....
         <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel ID="RegisteredUser1" runat="server" OnClientPopulated="RegisteredUser1_TabCliked" ....
                <ContentTemplate>
   <asp:TextBox ID="UserName1" CssClass="genericInput" Width="200" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                </ContentTemplate>
         </ajaxToolkit:TabPanel>
         <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel ID="RegisteredUser2" runat="server" OnClientPopulated="RegisteredUser2_TabCliked" ....
                <ContentTemplate>
   <asp:TextBox ID="UserName2" CssClass="genericInput" Width="200" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                </ContentTemplate>
         </ajaxToolkit:TabPanel>
</ajaxToolkit:TabContainer>

Does any body have any idea how to accomplish this, thanks in advance.

Is there any place where you can read about events, properties of these controls in the AJAX toolkit, downloaded the tutorias and examples but they do not go deep in details about

how to use the controls. Thanks guys.

0
sanddyc200

I have never used Ajax, but logicially, the solution that I can think of is that it might not be possible to find a control in a container. Try first finding the container based on the id of the same and when the container is found, write another loop that will loop through all the controls in the container. This should definitely help you in finding the textbox and setting focus to the same.

-- Ashpam

0
Ashpam
4/20/2007 7:39:49 PM

Hi sanddyc200,

did you solve the problem? It seems, as if I posted the same thing:

http://forums.asp.net/1688162/ShowThread.aspx#1688162

Kind regards,

Sven

0
Sven
4/30/2007 2:26:20 PM

Try out this: find the Tab Container control  - document.getElementById('tabContainerId') - , then in the inmediate window of the VS.NET debugger, display the properties of your Tab Container, find the InnerHTML property, and look for the name that you gave to your control in the design mode; for example, if the control's name is textbox1, now the name of your control is probably  'tabContainerId_ctl101_textbox1', and that's the id that you have to look with your javascript.

0
isaacmiliani
5/2/2007 4:34:55 PM

Try out this: find the Tab Container control  - document.getElementById('tabContainerId') - , then in the inmediate window of the VS.NET debugger, display the properties of your Tab Container, find the InnerHTML property and look for the new name of your control; for example, if the control's name in design mode is textbox1, now the name of your control is probably  'tabContainerId_ctl101_textbox1', and that's the id that you have to look with your javascript to set the focus.

0
isaacmiliani
5/2/2007 5:37:19 PM

 I ran into the same problem when I was trying to set focus with an Asp.net validator.

What seems to happen is the control does get the focus but the tab panel remains hidden.

I found a way around this with the following code to manually display a tab. It basically calls the same js that is called when you click a tab.

var tabContainer = window.Sys.Application.findComponent('<%=tabContainer.ClientID %>');

tabContainer .set_activeTabIndex(1);

 I hope this helps

Regards

Ian

0
Ian1971
7/23/2007 10:41:19 AM

I have been tearing my hair out trying to get this done and finally figured it out!

 Place this at the BOTTOM of your ASP.Net Page.  Replace txtPartNo with the name of your control.

Sys.Application.add_load
(
function()
{
window.setTimeout(focus, 1);
}
)
function focus()
{
document.getElementById('<%=txtPartNo.ClientID %>').focus();
}
</script>

 Have a great day!

~Secretxelf

0
secretxelf

Trying to set focus to child control inside FormView EditItemTemplate inside a TabPanel
Hey all I have a long page with a bunch of FormViews that I want to have the user click to the EditItemTemplate and have the focus go to that particular FormView in the aspx page. Or if not the focus at least to have the page scroll to where that control is so the user isn't confused  Here is kind of what I am doing  1 <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Account Info"> 2 <ContentTemplate> 3 <asp:FormView ID="fvMyName" runat="server" DataSourceID="sqlGetMemberName" ...

set focus on control inside tabcontainer not working in firefox (window.settimeout)
 Hi AllI found this:<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> Sys.Application.add_load ( function() { window.setTimeout(focus, 1); } ) function focus() { document.getElementById('<%=txtPartNo.ClientID %>').focus(); }</script> It is suppose to be the workaround to focusing on a control inside a tabcontainer. It works in ie but not in firefox. And it simply doesnt focus when i try to set focus from server side.Any ideas?   HI aspd Please try the following c...

Setting focus to the textbox control under tabcontainer inside dynamically loaded usercontrol
HI, I am dynamically loading a usercontrol inside a panel in a web page. The user control have a texbox inside a tab container (it's a microsoft ajax control for tabs). When the control is finally displayed I want to have focus inside that text box control, so far I have tried every possible way to put focus to that textbox control but nothing worked out. I have tried to find the control by ID and then called focus(), by using formname.controlname.focus, window.onload = setfocus() but nothing worked. I am using asp.net 3.5 and VS 2008 on Windows XP.  Please let me know about you...

How to set focus in a control inside Collapsible Panel Control
I am using Collapsible panel Control and inside Contentpanel I have a textbox into which I want to set the focus.  ScriptManager.SetFocus(Textbox1) does not work   Could someone help please?   Thanks, Rupen I found that there is some patch available to fix this issue. http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6986  But I do not know how to apply this. Could someone tell me?     Hi Rupen, From the url provided above, I have found a sample with the name "FocusCollapsibelPanelExtender.zip " under "F...

Set Focus to a control inside a panel with scrollbars while the control is not in the visible area of the panel
Hello, I have a little problem setting the focus to a control. On my page there is a panel with auto scrollbars. Inside these panel I place Controls, which I add dynamicaly on page load event . After adding several controls to the panel I have to set the focus to a special control I placed on the panel. That is no problem until the auto Scrollbars kick in and the control I have to set the focus to is gets out of the visible area of the panel. Can anyone tell me please how to move the scrollbars of the panel by code or how to set the focus to my control   Thanks   RITC Just ...

Set Focus to a control in TabContainer
hi, I need code to set focus to a control with in the tabcontainer in the page load event.  Please help me in this regards. M.ArulMani   What type of control is it? Can you use something like this: TextBox1.Focus = true;  Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! Hi bullpit, Hi bullpit, Thanks for your reply. It's a textbox control. This textbox control is within the TabContainer(Ajax). I can't go with your doe since i am working in Asp.Net 2.0 Environment. Is there any other way to access the textbox control and to set focus.. M.ArulMani   I am sorry, I...

How to instantiate an AJAX control inside a custom AJAX control
Hi I want to include a ToggleButton control inside a custom AJAX control.  How can I instantiate an instance of the ToggleButton in my Javascript?  If I create an instance of the ToggleButton in C# code, how could the Javascript pick it up?  Thank you,  ltlwinger   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397487.aspx Final Answer.Good Luck this._pin = $create(AjaxControlToolkit.ToggleButtonBehavior, { 'id': this.get_id() + "_ToggleButton", 'CheckedImageUrl': 'images/collapse.jpg', 'UncheckedImageUrl': '...

Focus not working inside Ajax Tabcontainer
Is there a special way to use focus on a control that is inside the tabcontainer? If I just use this Me.txtSubject.Focus() nothing happens.Thank youJackxxx Looks like this was resolved: http://www.codeplex.com/AtlasControlToolkit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=10464 Try downloading the latest release. -DamienVisoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: SQL 2008 x64 and VS2008 SP1 Damien, What is the best way to update the controls? Should I uninstall and then install the latest?Thank youJackxxx All you need to do is download the latest release, delete the reference to AjaxControlToo...

Extenders for controls inside TabContainer/TabPanel
Hi, I have a textbox control (ID="'PasswordTxtBox' ") inside TabPanel and I am trying to attach watermark extender to it. In design mode TargetControlID for watermark extender does not appear and when I manually write it in the markup I get run time error saying The TargetControlID of 'TextBoxWatermarkExtender1' is not valid. A control with ID 'PasswordTxtBox' could not be found  Please guide. Regards & thanks Kapil    My bad. I was _not_ putting the extender control in the contenttemplate of tabpanel. Regards Kapil...

AJAX Set focus + User Control
Hi I am having problems getting set focus to work, I have a page with numerous user controls on it but always need the focus to return to one text box following postback. - This control is also within its own user control.I have stripped out lots of code to try and track down the error, my current position is as follows.The main page has one button on it, to force a postback, there is no code within the onclick event. The page has one user control, SwipeCard2This user control has an update panel on with updatemode set to conditional, a text box (txtswipe) and a label lblError.This control ha...

set TabPanel focus in TabContainer after trigger
Hi, I am using  a TabContainer with 2 tabs.The first tab contains a list of string, and the 2nd tab has a form to add a new string to this list. Once a new item is added, client side the list in tab 1 is update.But focus however remains on tab 2 How can i set focus to tab 1? the whole TabContainer is inside an update panel TIA anyone? In VB, you can use:  tabcontainer1.ActiveTabIndex = 0  (for first tab of your list.  each tab is associated with an index of 0 to # of tabs you have-1) or tabcontainer1.ActiveTab = "Tab_Panel_ID" (whatever you've named your firs...

TabContainer/TabPanel and the controls inside the tabs
Hi, I'm new to this control, and all I did was add a button to a TabPanel.My question is, when switching to code mode, I wasn't able to access any of the button's properties, events, etcHow am I suppose to work with controls inside tabs? Thanks Not sure if this helps, but this is how I set some of my TabPanel TextBoxes on PageLoad... ((TextBox)TabPanel2.FindControl("TextBoxTaskStartDate")).Text = Convert.ToDateTime(dataSet.Tables[0].Rows[0]["taskStartDate"].ToString()).ToShortDateString();...

Set Focus inside datalist control
Hi all Guys how can i set focus of a textbox which is render inside a datalist control.   i did that by using txt.focus(); but after post back focus comes back to same row .i want to make it jump in another row . any suggestion and help how to do this row count  and after post back set the focus to next row textbox   thx Try this. Get the reference of the control inside the datalist by using the findcontrol method. Next set that the default focus. Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you You can also try and have some javascript...

Set the property of a server control inside a user control inside a Master Page
How do you set the property(ForeColor) of a server control(lnkInquiryReport2) located in a user control (LeftNavMain1) within a Master Page (default.master)? On the user control, expose a property of type color and bind this to the forecolor for the hyperlink control [keep some default value]. On your master page expose the user control as a property. On your content page, access the uc via the master's prop and the forecolor prop via the uc's prop and set it. Instead of exposing the uc from the master, you can also find the uc on the master - cast it to the correct type and then access th...

Web resources about - TabContainer Setting Focus to a control inside the TabPanel - asp.net.ajax-ui

Mobile Application Advertising for iOS Developers - iPhone & iPad apps - iOS app advice
Advertise and promote your iOS Apps to our growing community [tabs slidertype=left tabs] [tabcontainer] [tabtext]About iOS App Advice:[/tabtext] ...

Navigation - MailChimp
Grid System Typography Form Elements Navigation Tables Lists Slats Stats/Data Feedback Dialogs Freddicons Animations My Account Log Out © 2001–2014 ...

Ajax Control Toolkit Tutorials - ASP.NET Ajax Library
ASP.NET Home Get Started Learn WEB APPLICATIONS Web Forms MVC Web Pages/Razor Mobile Single Page Apps Common ASP.NET Features WEB SERVICES / ...

Class Index - JsDoc Reference
discussion blog tutorials downloads plugins previews documentation home documentation Classes Files Search Classes _global_ wink wink . api wink ...