Setting UpdatePanel Trigger control ID to GridView template control

I have a linkbutton control inside a template column of a gridview control. I'm trying to use that as a trigger to update an updatepanel control on the page, however atlas can't find the control by the simple ID "linkButton1". Is there a syntax that will allow me to specify the LinkButton control inside the gridview column template?
0
fearlsgroove

I don't think you can setup your trigger that listens for the linkButton itself because when the grid is rendered each linkbutton on each row will be given a unique ID by .NET.  For example, if in the template definition you call the linkButton myButton, then when the page is rendered .NET will assign the button on row 1 ID=myButton_1 and on row 2 ID=myButton_2 etc. The only way to setup triggers in this case would be to create them on the fly as the page is rendered.

I would try assigning a CommandName to the linkbutton in your template column.  This should then trigger a rowCommand event when the button is clicked and you can setup your triger to listen for the rowCommand event on your gridView instead.

-1
phampton24
9/26/2006 9:28:00 PM

You could handle the GridView's RowCreated event and call ScriptManager.RegisterAsyncPostBackControl on each button. Then in the button's event handler call UpdatePanel.Update() to get it to update.

Thanks,

Eilon

Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/
0
Eilon
9/26/2006 11:12:23 PM

Man you're a star, been looking for that one for days! Big Smile

I am actually trying to do a full postback because my button control is actually doing a Response.BinaryWrite() to serve a file that is stored in a database table...

I little complex but it works man and it's sooo beautiful in a fully paged/sortable ajax GridView Cool

It works perfectly this is how my Row_Created event looks like :

    Protected Sub gridOffersPush_RowCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles gridOffersPush.RowCreated

        Dim cmdShowOfferDetailsDoc As ImageButton
        cmdShowOfferDetailsDoc = CType(e.Row.FindControl("cmdShowOfferDetailsDoc"), ImageButton)

        Dim objSM As ScriptManager
        objSM = Me.Page.Master.FindControl("TheScriptManager")

        If Not objSM Is Nothing And Not cmdShowOfferDetailsDoc Is Nothing Then
            objSM.RegisterPostBackControl(cmdShowOfferDetailsDoc)
        End If

    End Sub
 Thanks again for the tip, you're the man Eilon!
Etienne
0
lambi_uk

Triggering an Updatepanel (b) based on a gridview rowcommand which is inside a UpdatePanel (a) contained in aTab (ajax controlkit control) control
Hi there,               I have two sections on my aspx page which contain two grids on an aspx page. User and UserDetails. User section has a tab control which contains an update panel upUsers which contains the gridview gvUsers. I have another grid in a different updatepanel upUserDetails this contains a grid too gvUserAccessKeys. I want to refresh the second updatepanel upUserDetails (basically trigger it) based on the RowCommand in the gvUsers which is in the first update panel. I was able to do this till I...

Clicking templated controls inside <frame>/aspx/UpdatePanel/Gridview cause .net ajax javascript runtime error
I have templated controls in UpdatePanel/Gridview. Clicking the controls in regular aspx will work fine - get postback and updatepanel render fine. If I put the aspx inside frameset <frame>. Clicking controls will cause javascript runtime error - Line: 5820, Sys.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value must be an integer. Parameter name: x Actual value was NaN. And updatepanel does not render correctly. Does anyone have same problem, know workaround? Is there anyway to change javascript and incorporate to Web.Extensions.dll?    Sample code: **** MainEntry.aspx - <framese...

Problem while try to set public property of user control at design time , Its happen due to UpdatePanel Control(Ajax)
Hi I have put my user control's content in Update Panel(To get Ajax Benefit) and I have register this User control in my page.  I have exposed one public property of user control in which I am trying set one textbox enable, As this property is public I am try to set its value from design time from my pagewhen I run this code its give me run time error Object Ref. not set for textbox while Public Property set its value.  If I Remove Update Panel from my user control its work properly kindly help me to solve this Problem.  //User Control Source File  <%@ Contr...

UpdatePanel inside a Gridview can't find the control to set trigger from
I have a gridview with two update panels in the footer row. The first one has a drop down list in it and the second update panel has a textbox. What I want is when the dropdownlist selection has changed for the textbox to be updated.  In my real world project there are many more columns and I'd like the user to be able to continue working while the textbox is getting updated hence the reason for the update panels. Now in the code I'm trying to set the trigger for the textbox updatePanel but I get the following error "A control with ID 'gvLivestockUnits_ctl03_...

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

Sys.UI.Control / Sys.Preview.UI.Control with January CTP, MS AJAX 1.0?
Hi, I'm trying to get sample code from Foundations of Atlas to run with January CTP, MS AJAX 1.0 with no luck.  It can't create the object on the first line.  I think it's a namespace issue. Below is the markup in a brand new January CTP website.  Thanks in advance. from web.config: <pages> <controls> <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/> <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="Microsoft.Web.Preview.UI" assembly="Microsoft.Web.Preview"/> &l...

UpdatePanel (Triggers with controls of the Gridview)
English______________________________________________ hi Everybody...i have a control in my TemplateField (a collum of the gridview) with two controls (lnkDelete and lnkEdit), and it's in a UpdatePanel (ASP.NET AJAX). I wanna that when a user to click, on the edit controls...it'll do a postback... How do I configure mine UpdatePanel (Triggers)? I'm Sorry, but my english isn't good...tanks youFelipe OrianiPiracicaba - São PauloBrazil Here are some sample codes to work asp:UpdatePanel with asp:GridView for your reference..ASPX: <div><asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanelNestedGridVie...

Set Skin ID for individual control in Composite Control
Hi, I have created a composite control with bunch of labels and text boxes ..... now what i want is ... that if there is a theme for label (either with skin id or without skinid ) in .skin, I want all labels to take this theme and same goes for text boxes. I have been trying to do that for quite some time and still unable to find a clue what wrong i m doing.  protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) {string[] formatString = _formatstring.Split(';'); table = new Table();trlabel = new TableRow(); trtextbox = new TableRow();foreach (string str in formatString)...

ajax.net controls used in custom composite controls?
I am creating an events calendar that uses the accordion to display the events for the selected day.  The problem I'm having is that the accordion is not responding to any client side events.  I would really like to find a good "How to" article for building composite controls that incorporate an ajax.net control like the accordion....

Accordion Control : Multiple controls with the same ID (1) were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

How to use WebPartZone control in gridview control's template?
I Need Your Help To Solve The Following Problem.Thanks. I want to use WebPartZone control (NOT ATLAS) like this:         <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False">            <Columns>                <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="templatecol">                    <ItemT...

AJAX Control Toolkit's Tabs control in an UpdatePanel
If you place the Tabs control in an UpdatePanel and set the AutoPostBack property of the TabContainer to true, every time you click on one of the TabPanel controls which causes the active tab to change, the rendering of the control causes a flicker. It appears like a postback, although it is not. Any way to get around this? Thanks.  Thanks. I used it . i never got the problem.<script type="text/javascript">            function PanelClick(sender, e) {    }    function ActiveTabChanged(sen...

Web resources about - Setting UpdatePanel Trigger control ID to GridView template control - asp.net.ajax-ui

Newest 'internet-explorer-11' Questions - Stack Overflow
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

Calendar of Events - St Paul the Apostle Primary, Winston Hills
... Paul the Apostle is a two-stream Catholic parish school in Winston Hills, catering for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6. Hidden UpdatePanel, ...

Drink of the Week - Logicum
Logicum It's Logical to share Menu Skip to content Home Contests Food Recipes Drink of the Week Health Technology Sports Space World Day Weapons ...

Advert-Rotator™ Rotate any type of ad, advert or banner - Welcome
NEW : Google Adsense™ in AJAX Updatepanel - Rotate any type of advertisement on your website. Whether it is Google Adsense™, Flash video or banner, ...

dotnet HighCharts inside UpdatePanel
Read my article about the HighCharts.net databind? A frequently question regards the possibility to get functioning a dotnet.HighCharts chart ...

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Presentation
... the following demo Visual Studio 2008 projects: ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Demo Illustrates how to use ASP.NET AJAX (ScriptManager, UpdatePanel, ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

New Release of WatirMaker now WatirRecorder
Rutger Smit & Scott Hanselman have released a new version of WatirMaker, now retitled WatirRecorder. This is a great program for building UI ...

Work smarter: MS AJAX’s JavaScript type extensions
Examples of using Array.contains, Date.format, String.format, and other base type extensions to accelerate ASP.NET AJAX client side development. ...