Cancel Timer on client side

Hi,

 Can an AJAX timer be canceled or stopped after is was rendered to the client (from JS of course)?

Thanks,

Uzi

0
harband

You can call _stopTimer method of Timer contrlol from javascript. It is meant to be a private function.

    var timer = $find('Timer1');//Give the timer control id used in server contrlol

timer._stopTimer();

Anish Devasia
MCP,MCAD

anishdevasia
harband
4/16/2007 6:28:40 AM
Please mark this thread as Answered/Resolved if you have got the solution.

Anish Devasia
MCP,MCAD

anishdevasia
4/16/2007 7:31:09 AM

Done.

Thanks again

0
harband

Client-side documentation for Ajax Timer
I want to deactivate the Ajax timer from clientside with javascript - that is,it should not raise any postbacks any more.Which method/property is there I can use to achieve this and mostimportantly - where can I find a client side javascript api reference ofthe asp.net ajax controls(url please!).  To clarify: When I debug javascript clientside I see that the timer control has many methods, properties but I am wondering where exactly in    http://asp.net/ajax/documentation/live the documentation for those client side methods is. If there is no such docume...

Client vs. Server Side AJAX.Net
I am curious to know what the advantages and disadvantages are to using the client side declarative style AJAX controls vs. the server side.  I can't seem to think of too many reasons why I would go to the client side libraries when I can use all the power of ASP.NET (debugging, compiling, controls) and just wrap them in a UpdatePanel.   It also seems kind of counter productive to use the client side libraries because they don't utilize all the cool new developments of ASP.NET.  Am  I missing something?  Do the client AJAX libraries give you m...

Using AJAX and client side scripting with .NET objects?
I'm wanting to use client-side scripting and AJAX with some drop down boxes.  I can't seem to do this with server-side .NET objects... changing the runat tag doesn't do anything either.  How can I expose .NET server objects so that they are affected by java script and AJAX? Depends on what, exactly, you're trying to do with them.  If you just need access to the html properties (e.g. selectedValue), then you simply grab them as if they were their html equivilants (select element) in javascript.  If you want to pass custom properties back and forth (or any .Net property ...

Good articles on client-side callbacks in .net AJAX?
Not sure where to put this so sorry if its in the wrong place.  I have just watched the video - "Make Client-Side Network Callbacks with ASP.NET AJAX?" (http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-79.aspx ). Which is very helpful but I would like to know more about doing this. Anyone know of any good articles/sites with information on client-side callbacks in .NET AJAX? I can find plenty of articles on other implementations of AJAX but none for the asp.net AJAX. Cheers for any help. Hi,and welcome to the ASP.NET forums.You're going to find a lot of interesting artic...

System.Web.UI.Timer interval in client side code
Has anyone successfully set the Interval property in a System.Web.UI.Timer control using client side scripting of any language?     var timer = $find('<%= Timer1.ClientID %>');    timer.set_interval(5000); FYI, some other methods are:     timer.get_interval();    timer._startTimer();    timer._stopTimer();    timer.set_enabled(true/false);When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog ...

client side retrieve time and timer from server side
Hi all,I wish to ask that how to i retrieve time at client side from server side ?Currently i got 2 page which consists of exam.aspx and adminstrator.aspxThere is a countdown timer is in administrator.aspxi got a countdown timer in exam.aspx tooexam.aspx wish to retrieve time and timer from administrator.aspx which is at the server side.It mean that the timer countdown and time shown in client-side is according to server-side.Is it by using web services or ?can anybody provide me with coding or references ?Another question is that when in client-side, how to check for database valu...

ajax
Dear all, I made my own autoComplete extender because the standard one was not suitable for us... I have a problem to returning a property value of my extender that was changed on the client-side. I used the default extender template in order to create it. Does anyone knows how to update a property on client-side and get its value on the postBack? Normally the GetPropertyValue of the ExtenderControlBase should pick the value from client but it returns the default value on null... Please help me... Thank you very much Hi Have you or anybody else managed to find a solution for this...

When To Use Client Side vs Server Side vs AJAX
Before AJAX, it was fairly clear to me where to draw the line between functionality best performed server-side vs client-side.  For example, database access and data processing is done on the server, and basic field validation and other UI stuff is done on the client.  But now with AJAX implemented through Atlas, the line is blured.  I know what can be done... but what is the optimal way to design a web application using Atlas (in terms of what functionality should be implemented server-side versus client-side versus Ajax)?  What is the prev...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

Client side Ajax
Hi, I am having a user control which contains a few controls from Ajax toolkit. I want to use this control to be downloaded using client side ajax. I am able to download the same. However, the scripts associated with these controls (ajax toolkit ones) are not working on the page. Pls help Regards Raghav Hi Raj_TheKing I have read the thread carefully; however, I am not sure what the “control to be downloaded using client side ajax” means, based on my understanding, you need to create the control by client-side script, right? If so, you can check the following link to see the ...

Client Side Timer
Hi All,I am trying to add a timer to an asp.net page in vb script. I need to use vb script so javascript is no good to me. I have read allot about the Microsoft active x timer control which I can use but I cant find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get this from or what cd in the collection it is on.Thanks I don't know about Microsoft ActiveX Timer, but there are the setTimeout and setInterval methods of window, which are part of the DOM, accessible from VBScript as well.HTH. -LVJulio P. Di EgidioSoftware Analyst Programmer=BUSINESS AND SCIENTIFIC==SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT=http:/...

Web resources about - Cancel Timer on client side - asp.net.ajax-ui

Moddi - I have chosen to cancel my performance in Tel Aviv... - Facebook
I have chosen to cancel my performance in Tel Aviv on February 1st. This is without comparison the most difficult decision I have ever made as ...

Search Twitter - cancel spotify
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Top news story ...

Michael Hudson: Oligarchy will never cancel the debt - YouTube
The oligarchy would rather annul the right of the bottom 90 percent to live than to annul the money owed to them. They'd rather strip the planet ...

Emirates cancels more flights to US as Hurricane Sandy hits
Dubai-based carrier Emirates grounded more flights to the United Sates as Hurricane Sandy pummels the east coast.

Club cancels funding over pokies row
Club cancels funding over pokies row

Hewitt cancels Kooyong appearance (01:12)
With the Australian Open fast approaching, Lleyton Hewitt withdraws from the Kooyong Classic to prepare for the first major of the year. Nine ...

Kevin Andrews cancels plans to open World Congress of Families conference
Federal Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews has cancelled his plans to open a conference of the controversial World Congress of Families. ...

Authorities cancel Australian passports of three men suspected of going to fight for terrorist groups ...
AUSTRALIA has cancelled the passports of three more suspected foreign fighters stranding the men in the region.

Bali ash cloud: Airlines cancel flights bound to and from Perth
A volcanic ash cloud is again affecting flights to and from Bali, with two airlines cancelling flights to the popular holiday destination from ...

Lebanon’s FM cancels Paris trip amid prisoner swap negotiations
Lebanon’s FM cancels Paris trip amid prisoner swap negotiations