button click event not firing for dynamic buttons added on PreRender of the updatepanel

Hi,
i have a webpage with an updatepanel updatepanel1.
i am adding controls dynamically to the updatepanel on the prerender event.
i am using the prerender event as i want to get the latest bata from the
database which include the data i have inserted on my last button click.
But the button click event is not getting trigged on clicking the button.
Here is the sample code in PreRender

SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("SELECT Heading, ID FROM tblNews ORDER BY ID
;", conn);
conn.Open();
SqlDataReader sqlData =
cmd.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection);

while (sqlData.Read())
{
lblHeading = new Label();
lblHeading.Font.Bold = true;
lblHeading.Text = sqlData.GetValue(0).ToString()+"<br/>";
News.Controls.Add(lblHeading);

btnDelete = new Button();
btnDelete.ID = sqlData.GetValue(1).ToString();
btnDelete.Style.Add("float", "right");
btnDelete.Text = "Delete";
btnDelete.Click += new EventHandler(btnDelete_Click);
News.Controls.Add(btnDelete);
}
sqlData.Close();

Can someone let me know what is the problem?
How i can overcome that problem.

Thanks in Advance.

0
murthy

in order for dynamically created controls to raise events, they must be re-added to the page on all subsequent postbacks by page_load at the latest.

FAQ: http://forums.asp.net/t/1186195.aspx

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~

mbanavige
7/8/2008 12:31:18 AM

You have to add the control on each postback with same ID.

The ID's are important for the event mechanism.

Just look the following article, you will get an idea

http://geekswithblogs.net/rashid/archive/2007/08/11/Loading-UserControl-Dynamically-in-UpdatePanel.aspx

Chetan Sarode
Software Engineer,
Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,
Pune, India.
0
chetan

I am saving the user entered data to the database on another static button click event on the page.
I want the latest data to be displayed.
i am not getting the latest data if i populate the dynamic controls at page load, as the button click event is firing only after the page load event.

Is there any way that i could display the latest data from the database and at the same time add dynamic controls??

Thanks for your reply.

0
murthy

Button Click event not fire when button is in updatepanel -> popupcontrol
I am having difficulty in my code to run code of button click. Button are present in different popupcontrols. And all saving data in my database.  I have no idea why button_click event don’t work. I even use triggeres for that but of no use.  View the output at page: http://www.artinarts.in/ecomm/admin/product.aspx  This is my product.aspx page code: <%@ Page Title="" Language="VB" MasterPageFile="MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Product.aspx.vb" Inherits="admin_Product" %> <%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="cc1" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" Runat="Server">        <style type="text/css">        .style1        {            width: 105%;        }        .style7        {            width: 89px;        }        .style8        {         &nb...

button click event from another button click not firing
 Hi,  I want to trigger a button click event from another button click .It is not firing.  Please help.  protected void btnReview_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {       if (MandatoryValidation())        {         this.Button1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.Button1_Click);       } }protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { } protected void btnReview_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){            if (MandatoryValidation())     {        this.Button1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.Button1_Click); //The event is registered not called.        Button1_Click(null, null);      } }protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { }Hope that helps  Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill :::  protected void btnReview_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {       if (MandatoryValidation())        {         Button1_Click(null,null);       } }protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { }Kamran...

Firing a Button Click Event and Ajax Animation (using the AnimationExtender) on a single button
I want to run an animation and some code behind on a button, however whenever I click the button the animation will not work. I take the code behind away and the animation works. Help! I have encountered similar problems to this before with animations, assigning "return false;" on the OnClientClick of whatever buton is triggering the animation woul solve the problem, however I don't think I can do that here because I need C# code to run in the back as well.  I think I solved my own problem here, so I will just post my solution here for the other guys just as new to ...

Dynamically loaded user control with a button doesn't fire its button click event?
I have a datagrid, in which one of the columns is 'button' column called 'Send Email'. When I click on this button, then an email user control is dynamically loaded into a placeholder above the datagrid header area. The email control renders correctly, but when I click on 'Send' button in this user control, then the click event of this 'Send' button doesn't fire. This is even though the 'Handles.btnSend.Click' is there for the click method of the 'Send' button. Can someone please tell me why the event is not firing and what do I need to do to make it fire?    sun21170 you have...

Button click event not fired for a custom webpart where controls are added dynamically.
We are migrating a Sharepoint 2003 site to MOSS 2007 and ASP.NET 2.0. We have also migrated the webparts but they are still inheriting from Sharepoint.WebPart. We have a webpart where controls are added dynamically at runtime. On this webpart a button is added dynamically and a click event handler is also attached. The button on the webpart is displayed only when there is some data. The button deletes the selected row of data when clicked. But when we click on the button, the page gets posted but the event handler is not called. We analysed and found that the code where we add the button to one of the table cells does not get executed. That means that the button is added to the webparts control collection but not to any other container's control collection and hence not added on the webpart. The button does not get displayed and event is also not handled. When we add the button forcefully to one of the container table, the event gets executed. Where are we going wrong? Or Is it an ASP.NET 2.0 limitation. Please note that this same code works extermely fine in ASP.NET 1.1 and Sharepoint 2003. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.   I didn't see the code so can't say what exactly the problem it is. But develop customization webpart under Sharepoint 2003 and ASP.NET is NOT same as developement under Sharepoint 2007. Under 2007 the webpart are inheriting the namespace System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts. So pleas...

Button click event not getting fired for a custom webpart where controls are added dynamically.
 We are migrating from ASP.NET1.1/Sharepoint 2003 to ASP.NET 2.0/Moss 2007. We have a webpart on which controls are getting added dynamically. We have a button which is also dynamically added and a click event handler is also attached to it. However when we click on this button the page gets posted but the event is not fired. We analysed and found that the code to add the button in the webparts controls collection is executed but the code to add the button to it's container (that is a table) is not getting executed. Hence the event is not getting handled. If we forcefully add the bu...

Button click firing another button event
I am using asp.net 2.0 with C#.  I am trying to achieve the following: I have two user controls, on Page1.ascx i have a submit button that submit values onto Page2.ascx.  Also, on Page2.ascx i have a hidden submit button that i want to be fired whenever i click Page1.ascx submit button.  How do i access one button from one user control to another?  As far as I know, you don't. You could have button1 set a form field that the page2 page_loads looks for and then it can fire button2 click...Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you."If we learn from our mistake...

I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload.These two buttons can be added at runtime(user can add any number of image button and fileupload button dynamically by click)
I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload buttons.These two buttons can be added at runtime(user can add any number of image button and fileupload button dynamically by click).for every image user will browse images using fileuploader and he will add the image to that imagebutton at runtime. how to write server side coding to upload the selected image and to set that image to imagebutton at runtime? is it possible? any other way to do it?  advance thanks ask123: I Want to create a tool box,toolbox contains image button and fileupload b...

Link Button Event not Getting Fired when the button is clicked
Hi In the Inline code , i have any tables within a form. when i try to click the link button, the button event is not getting fired. Can any on slove this for me. Thanking you Solomon Hello, we would really want to help you, but we need to know more information, can u post some code please. regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP i think the handles part is not there for the for that event. Search for handles linkbutton1.click in codebehind. if not found add it....

Dynamically adding a button click event
If I create a button dynamically, how can i add an event handler for the click event?This is a section of my code:  Button btnDelete = new Button();//........... newCell = new TableCell();newRow.Cells.Add(newCell);newCell.Attributes.Add("align", "center");btnDelete.Text = "Delete";btnDelete.ID = "m" + newMessage.ID;btnDelete.Click += new EventHandler(btnDelete_Click);btnDelete.CssClass = "admin_button";newCell.Controls.Add(btnDelete);//........... private void btnDelete_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){ //.............. }...

Dynamic Event not firing on button click.
I have a problem in calling a dynamically contructed event on a button click(which is also dynamic). I have an server side ASP.NET button when clicked generates two dynamic buttons, 'Yes' and 'No'. When clicked on one of these two buttons i need to call an dynamically contructed event which i am unable to call. Not sure what the problem is. Clicking on Yes must display 'Hello' and click on No must display 'Hi'. I have to call that event. Below is the code i have written. C# code: using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System....

I double click a button but no event handle in source view why, go to button properties,events,onclick, try to create event handle but its where. Only the button markup.
I have a button, if double click it no handle is created. Iam only taken to the buttons' markup in source view. This is happening on all pages through out the whole solution. Possible cause is, this project was not ajax enabled, i installed ajax, edited the web.config file of this project to make the site ajax enabled. I had to build the solution and got no errors, every thing is ok a part from double clicking all controls not being able to get to their event handles.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- ...

Adding a javascript button click event to create user button
Hi:  I have a screen to create a username. In the create user screen i ahve put my terms and conditions for the site. In order to create a username the user has to accept the terms and conditions, for that he needs to check the checkbox accepting the terms and conditions. My question is:     Where do i add the javascript(client side) button click event in order to chck whether the user has checked the checkbox or not. If he did not check the checkbox and username should not be created.Can anybody please help with this!Thanks....

how to create button controls dynamically .. then i need that click event of buttons
how to create button controls  dynamically .. then i need that click event of buttons  urgent ???????Vino  Add dynamic controls with eventsWebsite Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you refer below snippet..public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page {    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  ...

I've added button withevent into row of gridview but when i click it , click event didn't fire.
I've add button withevent in empty row of gridview but when i click it , click event didn't fire. what's worng is it? My code is: Partial Class dc_so Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Dim WithEvents btnAdd As New Button Dim txbSoId As New TextBox Dim txbCartonName As New TextBox Protected Sub gvSo_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles gvSo.RowDataBound If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then ' check for empty data If Convert.ToString(DataBinder.Eval(e.Row.DataItem, "so_id")).ToString.Trim = "" Then btnAdd.Text...

How to add click event for dynamically added button
I added a button dynamically: Dim btn As New Button()btn.ID = "btnSaveSettings"btn.Text = "ButtonJohan"btn.OnClientClick = "redirect()"btn.Style.Add("display", "none")Controls.Add(btn) How can I add the click event for this button? Protected Sub btnSaveSettings_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSaveSettings.ClickEnd SubJohan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". You can use the AddHandler method e.g.http:/...

Cannot get a click event fired for a dynamic button...
Hello all, I am pulling my hair out trying all sorts of different ways to do what seems so simple.I have been searching numerous forums seeking the answer but none have worked. I am not completely new to programming but relatively new to .Net.I have created a user control that generates a file upload panel in code. It is a panel that dynamically creates its controls at run-time. The reason I generate controls in code is that i need to change the file-upload display depending upon which page calls it.Here is the entrie code for analysis: Partial Class fileLoader    Inherit...

accessing click event of button added dynamically
Hi my problem is this - I want to dynamically include a button in the cell of a table I have created on an aspx page in VWD, and be able to refer to the button's click event in code. However, I can't seem to access the click event in code, as I haven't physically placed the button on the aspx page. How do I access the button events without physically placing the button on the form. I am coding in VB.Net.  Here's what I've managed to work out so far: Protected WithEvents btnView As ButtonProtected Sub DisplayRecords(ByVal recShort As ShortRecord)        Dim...

button click event not firing on dynamic usercontrol
Hi, I have a page that adds a user control dynamically (in the code behind).This usercontrol contains a small form and two buttons: save and cancel When opening the aspx page the usercontrol displays perfect, but when I click the save (or cancel) button nothing happens. It does a postback but it doesn't fire the onclick handler of the button clicked.When I set debug points in the onload and onclick handlers, only the onload event is hit when dynamically loading the usercontrol in the page.When clicking the save or cancel button no debug points are hit.When I create a test page and add ...

Click event not fired for dynamic image button
 Hi...   I have created one website with master and content pages ...On Master page I have created some dynamic image button controls on load event i have created array of image buttons and taken one placeholder on web page then i have added image buttons on placeholder with while loop and added placeholder on web page .    but my problem is that the click event for dynamic generated image button is not fired , it is like Unreachable code.my code on master page isprotected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  {         ...some da...

Button click event vs button command event
Hi, Can any one tell me whats the difference between the two events, and when to use which one? Thanks. Check out this article on event bubbling: Bubbling Events Up the Control Hierarchy Summary: The DataGrid control, as you likely know, can easily be configured to add a column of buttons. By adding a ButtonColumn, whenever one of the DataGrid's buttons in the column is clicked, the Web page posts back and the DataGrid's ItemCommand event fires. In fact, the same behavior can be noted if you manually add a Button or LinkButton control into a DataGrid TemplateColum...

How to call click event of button apart from clicking on the button.
I want to call click event event of my button and run codes within the event, not clicking on the button itself. For instance in Page_Load event of my page i want to call it. How can i handle this? Thanks in advance. Hi, Try this  Protected Sub form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles form1.Load If Not IsPostBack Then Me.Button1_Click(sender, e) End If End Sub Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Response.Write("Hello World!!!") End Sub  ...

How to programmatically in vb.net invoke a button click event for a button inside a Formview?
Hi, my name is Bonfa', would like to invoke a button click event programmatically in vb.net, but the button is inside a formview, how can i accomplish this?I was trying to do like this FormView1.FindControl("btn_update_click.PerformClick()") but it is not working.Thanks in advance.  Hi,In the markup you can do this: <asp:Button ID="btnUpdate" runat="server" Text="Update" OnClick="btnUpdateClick" />Then in the code behind you can write your sub:  Protected Sub btnUpdateClick() 'your code here ...

Enter Button not firing Button OnClick Event when Button Visible=false
I may be misunderstanding the way I'm doing this completely, so if someone has a better idea, then I'm totally open to anything. :) I have a title bar across the top of my page with a couple of panels in it.  Each panel contains a textbox and a button with the "DefaultButton" set for each Panel.  If I am typing in a TextBox and push enter or click on the button the button's OnClick even is fired, and everything works as expected. If, however, I change the Button's visible property to false, then type in the textbox, then push enter, the page postsback, b...

Web resources about - button click event not firing for dynamic buttons added on PreRender of the updatepanel - asp.net.ajax-ui

Newest 'internet-explorer-11' Questions - Stack Overflow
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

Calendar of Events - St Paul the Apostle Primary, Winston Hills
... Paul the Apostle is a two-stream Catholic parish school in Winston Hills, catering for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6. Hidden UpdatePanel, ...

Drink of the Week - Logicum
Logicum It's Logical to share Menu Skip to content Home Contests Food Recipes Drink of the Week Health Technology Sports Space World Day Weapons ...

Advert-Rotator™ Rotate any type of ad, advert or banner - Welcome
NEW : Google Adsense™ in AJAX Updatepanel - Rotate any type of advertisement on your website. Whether it is Google Adsense™, Flash video or banner, ...

dotnet HighCharts inside UpdatePanel
Read my article about the HighCharts.net databind? A frequently question regards the possibility to get functioning a dotnet.HighCharts chart ...

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Presentation
... the following demo Visual Studio 2008 projects: ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Demo Illustrates how to use ASP.NET AJAX (ScriptManager, UpdatePanel, ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

New Release of WatirMaker now WatirRecorder
Rutger Smit & Scott Hanselman have released a new version of WatirMaker, now retitled WatirRecorder. This is a great program for building UI ...

Work smarter: MS AJAX’s JavaScript type extensions
Examples of using Array.contains, Date.format, String.format, and other base type extensions to accelerate ASP.NET AJAX client side development. ...