An OnClick event doesn't fire up when a button is clicked in a Tab Panel in a Tab Container in an AJAX Web Form

Hello Post:

I would like to enclose the following code so you can analize what is going on:

    ">

" style="vertical-align:top;"> ">
">

" CausesValidation="False" onclick="btnOK_Caller_Click" /> " CausesValidation="False" onclick="btnCancel_Caller_Click" /> " style="vertical-align:top;"> "> " WatermarkCssClass="watermarked" Enabled="True"> ">*
"/> " WatermarkCssClass="watermarked" Enabled="True"> ">*
" />
" />
" />
" />
" >
" > " WatermarkCssClass="watermarked" Enabled="True" />
" Display="None" MaximumValue="9999999999999999999" MinimumValue="0">* " Display="None">*

" OnClick="btnOk_Caller_Data_Click" /> " CausesValidation="False" OnClick="btnCancel_Caller_Data_Click"/> " style="vertical-align:top;"> ">

" /> " /> " style="vertical-align:top;">   " WatermarkCssClass="watermarked"> " Display="None">*
  " WatermarkCssClass="watermarked"> " Display="None">*

As you can see, this code is supposed to process an instruction in the code behind file and, if everything is fine, keep moving .... " OnClick="btnOk_Caller_Data_Click" /> The thing is that this even doesn't fire. If I set the CausesValidation property to "False", the processing is fired. For some reason, it seems that the Validation is stalling my processing. Any hints? Thank you
0
goye

If you are using UpdatePanel then try to define trigger

Controls that trigger an UpdatePanel control to refresh are registered with the ScriptManager control on the page. This occurs automatically for the child controls in an UpdatePanel control's ContentTemplate. You can specify triggers declaratively using the Triggers collection of an UpdatePanel control. Additionally, you can programmatically identify triggers and cause an UpdatePanel control to refresh in the server code of your page.

In cases where a trigger control is not available at design time, you can register the control as a trigger by using the RegisterAsyncPostBackControl(Control) method of the ScriptManager control. Controls that are programmatically identified as triggers must be registered whenever a postback occurs.

Chetan Sarode
Software Engineer,
Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,
Pune, India.
0
chetan

Ajax Control toolkit ----Tab control ---Button click event is not firing
 Hi frdsi'm using ajax control toolkit controls in my web applicationi have done an application which uses tab controllogin tab and register tabfor both the bustton event is not firinghere is the code in html  <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/DefaultMaster.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Tab1.aspx.vb" Inherits="Tabs_Tab1" title="Untitled Page" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="SampleContent" Runat="Server"> <ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptM...

(web control button) click event doesn't fire
Hi, I've problem with simple case ... On my web page I have 2 user controls (one is logging control which has button and its onClick event works fine ... next control has also button and its onClick event doesn't fire) all handler are initialize correct and I've no idea why the next buttons (it happens to every next button that I try to insert on web page) bevave like don't have assemblied handlers :/ Anyone had problem like that ? Lukas         paste the code where the handler is getting hooked in the code behind file. It is in the section named Visual Studio gen...

Button OnClick event doesn't fire until clicked the second time
Hi everyone, I'm using .Net 2.0, vs2005, and ajax I'm having  an issue with a button that doesn't fire the OnClick event until the second time it is pressed. The first time it's clicked it does a post back but won't fire the event. The button is on a update panel, but even when I took it off it made no difference. I have removed and re-created the button several times but it still won't fix it. This is the code:<asp:Button ID="btnGetFishingEvent" runat="server" CssClass="button" OnClick="btnGetFishingEvent_Clic...

ajax tab panel/tab container buggy
 Im having a few problems with using tabpanel/tabcontainer from the toolkit... i tried to style the tabs. i editted the tab images that are given by default with the ajax toolkit, (only the color of the tabs, not the image sizes). there appears to be a 1 pixel  gap between the tab-right-image and the tab-image. i really am having trouble getting rid of it. also, i placed a google map (using google maps api)  in one of the tabs. i had it centered at some fixed coordinates. when outside the tab the map looks fine, but inside the tab the centre of the map goes to t...

button's onclick event doesn't fire
in one page, there are many formviews, in one of those formviews, one button in edittemplate, when i click on that button , onclick event of button doesnot fire, i can not find what s the problem, plz help me thanks VISHAL PAREKHVISHAL PAREKH are you using asp buttons or html??  thanks jomish asp button , and one more thing is except this formview's button, all other buttons of other formview's works perfect VISHAL PAREKHVISHAL PAREKH Hey Vishal, 1st you have to find button inside formview, using findcontrol propery of formview.Anuj Patel~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

Tab Container within another Tab Container doesn't display border of inner TC in IE6
 I have a page that contains a tab container within another tab container. Both of these containers are styled using Matt Berseth's Linked In Blue styles. In FF3 and IE7 the tab containers display fine. However, in IE6 the borders around the inner tab container are not displayed ... unless you scroll the page up and down, then the parts of the page that are repainted when they come back on the screen have the border in place!! I've been trawling the forum and google for a couple of hours now and none of the issues seem to be the same as mine. Am I the only one getting this?...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

doesn't fire button click event while button is binding with Model popup control
Hi, I have created using asp:button control as TargetControlID  for Modal PopUp control. I  want to run some code on btn_click event also. but after using this button with model popup  control not firing btn_click() Event. <asp:ImageButton id="btn_buy" ImageUrl="~/Images/ShoppingItemImage/btnbuyred.gif" runat="server" OnClick="btn_buy_Click"></asp:ImageButton> and Model Popup <cc1:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="btn_buy1" PopupControlID="pnl_user" DropShadow="true" >             </cc1:ModalPopupExtender> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help .Jeetendra SharmaSoftware EngineerJodhpur (Raj.)India HI  U make   TargetControlID="btn_buy" instead of   TargetControlID="btn_buy1"  Try this..              HI Happy SmilingRegardsKarthikeyanhttp://www.karthidotnet.blogspot.com/ Hi, I did that for debugging only. I used btn_buy . But Problem is not  resolved  Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help .Jeetendra SharmaSoftware EngineerJodhpur (Raj.)India  If you want to fire some server side code before showing the modal popup, you are better off using theMod...

Dynamically loaded user control with a button doesn't fire its button click event?
I have a datagrid, in which one of the columns is 'button' column called 'Send Email'. When I click on this button, then an email user control is dynamically loaded into a placeholder above the datagrid header area. The email control renders correctly, but when I click on 'Send' button in this user control, then the click event of this 'Send' button doesn't fire. This is even though the 'Handles.btnSend.Click' is there for the click method of the 'Send' button. Can someone please tell me why the event is not firing and what do I need to do to make it fire?    sun21170 you have...

AJAX Tabs button click event is not working
Hi there, I am use AJAX Tabs control and placed a quite few buttons in each tab panel. But when I run the from its change the tabs but when I am trying click the buttons inside the tab panels it is not woring. just stand still. no event being save,reset, redirecting.  I have even tried to put whole tab container into updatepanel and write is postback triger to that buttons but that also it not worked. Is any one have some suggestion post it... Your BRAIN is a muscle give it some exercise... can u post your code..  Thanks, Mahadeo------------------------------...

Ajax events doesn't fire
hi, I used Ajax 2.0 toolkit and it was working well at first. But now, the buttons and radionbuttons events doesn't fire. It fires out the master page but in any web page used this masterpage it doesn't work. I didn't make any changes. Please if any one know the answer tell me. Thanks for advise.  You need to post your code, if nothing else a simple example of what works and what doesn't work.  Hi,hala_ref3at I am afraid we cannot find out the exact root cause without further information captured when the problem occurs. To tro...

Ajax Tabcontainer
Hi, I do have a web page with Tabcontainer, with 5 tab panels (Panel 1 to Panel 5). Each of the panels show the user controls. Panel  3 has got a button to download a file in excel format.  When I open the web page, and directly access the panel 3, download button works fine.  When I move on to the other tabs say Panel 2 or Panel 4 and then come back to panel 3 , the download button does not work anymore. I did a visual studio debugging, for the first time access the button onclick method was called, after accessing the other tabs, and moving back to pa...

With an AJAX Tab Panel, how do I make click a tab invoke a codebehind subroutine.
Using VS2008, VB, when clicking on a tab in a tab panel, I want to be abe to excute vb code as if I clicked any other button. How do I do that? Then why dont you use multi view tabs?Better Post your code before asking some thing, some one. So that person helping u will understand u r problem ClearlyYahoo IM : dotnetrulerI am trying to keep Frequently Asked Questions in my blog Hi, Do you want to do the code at code-behind when you click the tab header? You an set AutoPostBack="true" and define OnActiveTabChanged event.Vince XuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember...

UPDATED: AJAX FAQ? And: How to Style the AJAX tab control's tabs: complete information
UPDATE April 08, 2009: for the latest version of this post, with up-to-date info on styling the Tab control, see my just updated Blog post -- the info below is somewhat outdated and does not have some additional details I have added to the Blog post.   First of all, I would like to suggest that the AJAX section of the ASP.NET forums have its own FAQ section. I was going to post this in the general ASP.NET FAQ, but it didn't really fit, and there was no AJAX FAQ, so I'm posting it here. Next: I have been looking for details on how to style the Tabs in the AJAX Tool...

AJAX tab doesn't display in toolbox
OK, what am I missing? Running VS 2008 / .Net 3.5 1) Downloaded Ajax Control Tool Kit 3.52) Unzipped to folder under Documents and Settings3) Ran .AjaxControlExtender.vsi4) Added .dll reference to project root; it went to Bin5) Added Ajax Control Toolkit tab to Toolbox6) Tried to add items to new tab but they wouldn't go on Next time I looked at Toolbox, Ajax Control Toolkit tab was gone. hi, u can try to add it in general.                  Prabakar Hi  How did u do step 6. You n...

Using AJAX and web services? Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of AJAX?
Is it a better architecture to call a web service that performs the AJAX functionality? In a way doesn't this kind of defeat the wholepurpose of AJAX, is to use web services for AJAX. If it should be used, then under what conditions should it be used? Fundamentally, calling a web service from the client side is exactly the purpose of most AJAX techniques.It can be very useful, when you have operations to perform that don't require data in or interaction with the ViewState of the page.Encosia - ASP.NET, AJAX, and more.Latest article: Using complex types to make calling services le...

Problem with AJAX clicking form buttons when it shouldn't be
This problem is a bit hard to explain so I've provided a small 100kb video of my problem. In the video you will notice that whenever I select a radio button the submit button is also clicked. You can tell this because the submit button has a black border for a split second when I click the radio button. Normally I wouldn't care but for the application I am working on I have code that relies on that button and the code is activating every time I click on a radio button.Link to video: http://www.kylebeverforden.com/videos/ajax_button_problem.aviIs there anything I can do so the AJAX do...

OnClick event on button doesn't seem to fire
I have the following: <asp:Button ID="Submit" OnClick="RunMe" Text="Run Me" runat="server" /> inside of a form. In codebehind I have the method RunMe, which just prints to the screen for testing purposes. When I click the RunMe button, the RunMe method is not executed. In fact, the page just reloads. It does not postback, either - it is like I typed the page into the browser and hit enter. Or if I hit refresh. Did I do something obviously wrong? You missed an equals sign when declaring your OnClick handler: <asp:button id="Submit" onclick="RunMe" text="Run Me" runat="server" />Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Does your RunMe method have "Handles RunMe.Click" at the end? e.g. Protected Sub RunMe(somargs) Handles RunMe.ClickBrucePlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the posts that helped solve your issue.  is runme a javascript function? i'm presuming it is, that being the case you it should look like onclick="runme()" where runme is the name of your javascript function.Regards,Tony.Please mark this post as Answered if my comment helped you, thanks. Hi, there is a typo error in you button declaration <asp:Button ID="Submit" OnClick="RunMe" Text="Run Me" runat="server" /> you missed the = after OnClick, try fixing this then see what will happen. ThanksDon...

Button doesn't fire Click Event in UpdatePanel
Hi, I've got a short question about the button events on UpdatePanels: On my MasterPage is an Updatepanel, by clicking a linkbutton on the masterside the Content of the Updatepanel will be set by Codebehind.An Usercontrol which is loaded into the Updatepanel contains an button with an Click Eventhandler when I click on the button the event will notbe fired. Here are the UpdatePanel and the Button Definitions MasterPage:<asp:UpdatePanel ID="updatePanel2" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional" ChildrenAsTriggers="false">  and here the UserControl<asp:Button ID="ButtonSendMessage" CausesValidation="true" runat="server" OnClick="ButtonSendMessage_Click" Text="Nachricht senden" UseSubmitBehavior="false" /> I hope so meone can help me solving this problem.   Thorsten please try           <triggers><asp:PostBackTrigger ControlID="UserControl"></asp:PostBackTrigger></triggers>  if it helpful please mark it as answer   Nissan K Georgeweb developerPlease mark the answer if it helped youBlog: nissankg.wordpress.com The reason your button is not firing is because you have your ChildrenAsTriggers property set to false. This means that any controls inside the update panel aren't going to automatically cause a postback. As nissankg said...

tab management: can't open a new tab by double-clicking in whitespace when there's no more whitespace to click in
Name: imy100 Product: Firefox Summary: tab management: can't open a new tab by double-clicking in whitespace when there's no more whitespace to click in Comments: if there are more than about 6 tabs open (on a widescreen monitor), there is no more whitespace to click in to open a new 'untitled' tab and user is forced to resort to keyboard shortcut(ctrl+t). i suggest incorporating a small gap to the right hand edge of the last tab. or adding a '+' icon in each tab (next to the close tab 'x' icon) to open a new tab. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (...

Ajax Tab Container selected tab
I have a vb.net/asp.net 2005 app using an ajax tab container with tabs inside it. I want the user to be able to click on a button as one way to get to the next tab.  How do i display the next tab when the user clicks on a button. Also, can I disable tabs where the user has not filled in information yet for the tab?  IE:  the user needs to fill in details on each tab page and the details are needed in sequence.   thanks. Hi! On the first one, you could put your TabContainer inside an UpdatePanel, set your button as a trigger and on the ButtonClick event set the TabContainer.ActiveTabIndex.  On the second one, you could use the same approach, using some kind of validation, catching the OnTextChangedEvent, so when you find that the user had filled up all the necessary information, you could enable a new TabPanel.There are a couple of catchs here: Clicking on a TabPanel doesn't fire a post back to the server and I think that disabling a TabPanel won't just make it inactive, it will make it invisible. I'm not sure on the later, just give it a try. Cherrs,Juan BarreraMCTSPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you....

how to hide tabs in tab container ajax
hi ,i have a tab container in which i have 5 tabs...i wanna hide the 5th tab if the user is not admin.how to hide the tabs using tab index ? or any other way/ ----Jai---------http://www.jayaraja.comhttp://blog.jayaraja.com If this is your TabContainer:                <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" ActiveTabIndex="4">                    <ajaxToolkit:Ta...

Regarding Ajax tabs in a Tab Panel
 Hai   I have a tab container with 3 tabs .First tab contains a button with a text 'Next'.And second tab contains two buttons with texts Prev And Next.if i will click on first tab next button it has to show 2 tab .......... hai see this http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/Tabs/Tabs.aspx. see this video http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-156.aspxNihar ranjan NayakMicrosoft certified Professionalniharnmayak2003@yahoo.co.ukwww.webnihar.com...

Ajax control toolkit tab doesn't show in my toolbox
I referenced to the aspajaxtoolkit.dll in my project. Now I wanted to list the ajax tools in my toolbox. In my toolbox i create a tab and select "choose items", again i go to the ajaxtoolkit.dll. I see it adds the different component(extenders) to the choose toolbox items dialog box, they are even checked. The problem is, when i close the dialog box, nothing gets added to the toolbox.When i create a tab with the same name, ajax tools f.e. it says that the tab already exists :s I tried closing and reopening the toolbox without any resuls.Can anyone please help me ?  for ...

Web resources about - An OnClick event doesn't fire up when a button is clicked in a Tab Panel in a Tab Container in an AJAX Web Form - asp.net.ajax-ui