'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'

I am using the AJAX Toolkit AutoCompleteExtender and it works great on my Dev machine but posted live I get the following error:

 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services' - Line 11 is the culprit apparently.

1    Line 9:  <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _
2    Line 10: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _
3    Line 11: <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _
4    Line 12: Public Class SearchSuggest
5    Line 13:      Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService
I am using the 3.5 BETA 2 Framework and everything has run flawlessly, and this runs flawlessly on my dev mahcine.
 Here's my webservice code:
1    Imports System.Web
2    Imports System.Web.Services.Protocols
3    Imports System.Collections.Generic
4    Imports System.Web.Services
5
6    ' To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJAX, uncomment the following line.
7    ' <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _
8    <WebService(Namespace:="http://tempuri.org/")> _
9    <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _
10   <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _
11   <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _
12   Public Class SearchSuggest
13        Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService
14
15       <WebMethod()> _
16       Public Function SuggestSearch(ByVal prefixText As String) As String()
17           Dim db As New DataClassesDataContext
18           Dim products = (From p In db.Products Where p.ProductName.Contains(prefixText) Select p.ProductName)
19           Dim installtions = (From p In db.Installations Where p.BoatDescription.Contains(prefixText) Select p.BoatDescription)
20
21           Dim resultsArray As New List(Of String)
22           resultsArray.AddRange(products.ToList)
23           resultsArray.AddRange(installtions.ToList)
24
25           Return resultsArray.ToArray
26       End Function
27
28   End Class
  Here is my scriptmanager / autocompleteextender code:

1     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" ScriptMode="Release">
2            <Services>
3                    <asp:ServiceReference Path="SearchSuggest.asmx" />
4             </Services>
5        </asp:ScriptManager>
6       <cc1:AutoCompleteExtender ID="AutoCompleteExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="txtSearchBox" ServicePath="SearchSuggest.asmx" ServiceMethod="SuggestSearch" MinimumPrefixLength="3" CompletionSetCount="20" EnableCaching="True" CompletionInterval="300" CompletionListCssClass="searchList" ></cc1:AutoCompleteExtender>
7

Anyone else run into this problem?
0
alivemedia

BC30560: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'.
Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services'.Source Error: Line 16: <WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _ Line 17: <Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _ Line 18: <ScriptService()> _ Line 19: Public Class Cli...

'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services
I recently got a new PC. I installed VS 2008 SP1 on it and copied my folder that had my website on it. Now when I try to run it, I get: 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services This has been working on my old PC.ThanksI love computers because: MY WISH IS THEIR COMMAND :)<Website><Gadget>  BTW, I get this erro in my web services where I have:Imports System.WebImports System.Web.ServicesImports System.Web.Services.ProtocolsImports System.Data' To allow this Web Service to be called from script, using ASP.NET AJA...

'UpdatePanel' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.UI'
I am trying to update my project from .Net 2.0 to 3.5 and I am having this error 'UpdatePanel' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.UI'.  Can someone tell me please what is wrong or what should I check.Thank you, Eric In case here is my web.config : <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <configSections> <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToke...

''''''''''''''''''''

BC30560: 'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.UI'.
I have tried several thing to get rid of this error. I tried going to C:\Windows\Assembly\ and searched for System.Web.Extensions 1.0.61025.0 - R-Click, Uninstall Error message - "Assembly 'System.Web.Extensions' could not be uninstalled because it is required by other applications' I have also tried using the GACUtils.exe and it tells me I have 2 versions on the extensions installed v 3.5 & v 1.0   System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL  System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0...

BC30560: 'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.UI'.
Thought I would share the resolution to this error. As the messge says it occurs becuase there are two references to this dll. In my case it seemed to happen automatically. The resolution was to go to the project property pages and remove the duplicate references. I removed the reference to the CAG since I cannot rely on this being there when I publish to production      ...

'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
In my aspx page, I have the following snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %>     public System.Drawing.Image Test()    {      ...    }  I keep getting the 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image' error in my Test function (which returns an Image). How do I fix this? Right which is possible; use the full...

'''''

CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
 CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imaging" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script type="text/C#" runat="server"> void Page_Load() {//The @ means "Ignore escape characters!" in the following string. It is a verbatim //literal string - any backslashes (and newlines) in...

'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web.UI'.
Ok. I cleared my whole drive of any refernce to Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll. I then installed the AJAX Core V1.0 following with ASP.NET AJAX "Value Add" CTP then I installed the Atlas control toolkit. When I just use the core components it's fine but when I add the toolkit I get this error. Error 1 'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web.UI'.  If I remove the reference and run it It just re-adds the reference. I thought maybe it was my PC so I tried another one and the same message. I know that the scriptmanager is now in the GAC ...

[Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]
Hi I'm trying to use the [Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]  in my web service, but when I compile I receive the following error message: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! RegardsEdward Hi, the correct namespace is System.Web.Script.Services.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action If like me and you watched Joe Stagners terrific video "How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbac...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

VS2005 VB.Net 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System'. Errors.
Hi guys,  I've searched and searched and can't find the fix for this.  I am recieving the max number of errors for my ASP.Net project.  The errors are simply stated as something like the title.  Other ones are: 'DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Diagnostics'. 'EventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System''CompilierGlobalScopeAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilierServices'.'SerializationInfo' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.Serialization'  Most of the errors are comming up in files th...

The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Hello, I am trying to add ASP.NET AJAX functionality to an existing project. Here's what I did: I have downloaded and installed the AJAX executable from here: http://ajax.asp.net/ I have done an iisreset I have opened my existing project and modified the Web.config using this guide: http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx I opened my MasterPage and I added <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> just below the form-tag Whenever I try to build, I get this error: Error 36 The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the nam...

Web resources about - 'ScriptServiceAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Web.Script.Services' - asp.net.ajax-ui