What are Ajax and Aspnet Ajax ,both work the same?

Hi,

Hope some1 can help to explain. I am a bit of confused.

For what I know, ajax, it is a native Javascript inside the javascript Library. and it is supported by most browser.

To use ajax , I have to create it like this for Ms IE:

var xmlHttp

xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");      or  xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

I believe I can use this script in Aspx page in Html section.

 To use Aspnet Ajax:

 How do I create the Ajax Object? And How do I use the ajax Properties and Methods?

Please kindly advise.

SkySky
5/6/2007 3:46:09 AM
📁 asp.net.ajax-discussion
📃 13973 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 914 Views

ASPNet AJax was written by Microsoft to make it easier to use ajax in a website.  It includes some controls which do all the ajax stuff for you behind the scenes for you.  You should check out the quick starts and videos about aspnet ajax.

http://ajax.asp.net/default.aspx?tabid=47

http://ajax.asp.net/docs/

Silverlight-help
Vb Tips