What are Ajax and Aspnet Ajax ,both work the same?

Hi,

Hope some1 can help to explain. I am a bit of confused.

For what I know, ajax, it is a native Javascript inside the javascript Library. and it is supported by most browser.

To use ajax , I have to create it like this for Ms IE:

var xmlHttp

xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");      or  xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

I believe I can use this script in Aspx page in Html section.

 To use Aspnet Ajax:

 How do I create the Ajax Object? And How do I use the ajax Properties and Methods?

Please kindly advise.

SkySky

ASPNet AJax was written by Microsoft to make it easier to use ajax in a website.  It includes some controls which do all the ajax stuff for you behind the scenes for you.  You should check out the quick starts and videos about aspnet ajax.

http://ajax.asp.net/default.aspx?tabid=47

http://ajax.asp.net/docs/

Silverlight-help
Vb Tips
Space Coast .Net User Group
0
Ken

My AJAX is not AJAXing!
Hi, I was having trouble with a new AJAX enabled code so I tried to just to do a simple test page. I did the simple Label control with button example covered in this tutorial http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax/tutorial-01-cs.aspx I'm having the same problem. Functionalitw-wise it works but the page is refreshing and flickering. That means it's not the code but maybe my set up. I'm using VisualStudio 2005 and the application is currenty .NET 2.0. In VS.NET, I do see the AJAX controls though. What could this be?Thanks,Sam did you install the Ajax extensions? Now, it's AJAXing!...

ajax or not to ajax.
Heres a strange one for you. I have a textbox, a button and a gridview on a page. I enter some search text which returns 500 odd records in under a second. When i wrap the gridview in an updatepanel, set its update mode to "conditional" and the trigger to the button the page can take 2-4 seconds to render. I think the problem is down to page redering some how as my progress indicator stops at around the same time as the normal postback would appear. I have also noticed this very behaviour and have come to the conclusion that in cases like this it is better to hand code a XMLHttp...

To AJAX, or not to AJAX?
Some body suggested to me to use AJAX. I figured it's not the brand name detergent nor the Dutch city. So here is what I have and please tell me if it ca be done with ajax, and perhaps point me to some examples, etc. The page contains several GridViews and FormViews that display data using several data calls. (Yeah, there is my first issue. Need to figure out how to cash all that.) This is an application that track work orders, so the top most FV has the user info and summary information of the work order. It is editable and so far it works well. There is also another set of infroamt...

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

The Ajax Tabcontrol
Hi! Neat control that tabcontrol but for some reason it doesn't compleatly flies on the wings of ajax. This is what I have and what I want:  I have four tabpanels nested into the parent Tabcontrol container. In these tabpanels I have a Updatepanel each. What I want is that when I change tabs for example from tab 1 to tab 2 the content in the Updatepanel in tab 2 should be updated. I have on each page a refesh button that can refresh it with out a full postback, but for somereason no matter how I do it I can seem to get the updatepanel to refresh without a full postback wheb sw...

Like AJAX, but not AJAX
When a user submits a page, i want the submit button to be disabled the text be something else like [ Loading.... ] and when the page loads after post back , the button should be enabled and the text  be [ Submit ]. Is it possible to do this without AJAX in asp.netNoob Rocks You will need to use javascript. One way you can do it, add this attribute in the page_load event:Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick", GetPostBackEventReference(Button1) + ";this.value='Please wait...';this.disabled = true;");This does have its limitations, but it should work. www.hopeasp.net Are you...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

Ajax.Form and Ajax.ActionLink almost working
Hi there! I'm using MVC Preview 4 and the new Ajax features and I can't get them to work. I've got the following in my view:  <%=Ajax.ActionLink("Test", "Test",new AjaxOptions(){UpdateTargetId="returnData"}) %> <span id="returnData">Change this</span>   and the controller looks like this public class HomeController : Controller { public string Test() { return DateTime.Now.ToString(); }  If I put a break point in the Controller then I can see that i...

Converting Non Ajax enabled project - to an Ajax enabled
I have a new requirement which needs a calendar control as in the ajax toolkit.But my application is in VS 2005 and is not an ajax enabled project. How difficult is it to convert the project to an ajax enabled one?If it is relatively easy to do it, will the conversion affect the behavior of the other pages within the projectwhich essentially dont use ajax functionality? Can someone please advise ? Hi,Converting your web application to Ajax enabled is very simple. It won't affect the other pages in you application.You can read about it in the following links:How Do I:Add ASP.NET AJAX ...

AJAX not working in my VS2005. Even an ajax empty template :(
Please help me solve this problem. I've written a project using atlas. Now i just wanted to migrate to AJAX. I removed Atlas, installed AJAX Beta 2 and the Nov CTP. Then I've downloaded the migration guide, read it and edited my project to run it on new AJAX. But VS only throws one error and I don't understand why. Then I tried to create an empty AJAX project (using templates in VS). Without changing anything just pressed "run" button. VS threw that error again. Here it is: ...\Default.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Section or group name 'microsoft.web' is already defined. Updates...

this is Bug of ajax or my fault(ajax not work on radio button )
I place two radiobutton under update panel and set triggers of both radiobuttons, and set auto postback property of both radiobuttons is to true , and groupname of both are same,and set radiobutton1 is checked true by default but when i checked radio button2 then is postback event is not work  please help me. The trigger is set with EventName="CheckedChanged"?Otherwise is better if you put the code.If this answers your question, please select 'mark as answer' thanks!Andrea DottorMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NEThttp://blog.dottor.net yes i place...

adding Ajax to my non-Ajax .NET web site
Hi all I've a site that i developed by .NET (visual studio.net 2005 - VB.net) and want to add Ajax into the pages now. I've downloaded required AJAX tools and be able to develop AJAX enabled pages but want to integrate ajax features to existing pages. Could you please help me how i can do this? Thanksmcb Look at the videos here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/  (number 7 in particular)Steve Wellens My blog if a web site is a normal asp web site then u have to add these lines in web.config under the system.web tag         <httpHand...

Does anyone know of either an ajax.net blog available or an 'inline editor' for ajax.net?
Hey all:  I'm desperately trying to find an AJAX control (I don't care if it's currently for ASP.NET AJAX.NET, since if not, I'll do the conversion and make it available to others) for creating blogs and another inline editor control, so that if there is text on the page, I can click on the text and it will automatically display an editor and allow me to edit the text/html.  Does anyone know of a control like this that's AJAX enabled?  Especially AJAX.NET.  I'm only interested in open-source, since any improvements I make I will make available on codeplex.com Thanks in...

AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control Question?
I gues to get the ball rolling I have VS 2008 and I am creating ASP.NET websites. I have programmed with VS 2005 and always had to add AJAX features by hand. Now in VS 2008 you have new templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form, AJAX Client Behavior, AJAX Client Control, AJAX Client Library, AJAX-embeded WCF Service On these three templates AJAX Master Page, AJAX Web Form and AJAX Client Control. What makes them different from normal templates? Is it just a matter of adding the script manager to the page or is using a AJAX Master Page have a huge benefit over doing individual pages? I have...

Problems with the old Ajax website
I have an old Ajax website. It used to run fine. However I have installed new version of ajax. I am not sure if that i sthe problem. This is the error i am getting now: Server Error in '/MainSite' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Vers...

Fetch a page ajax with ajax
In the video number 30 presented by Joe Stagner in “How Do I?” videos, just in the beginning he says that we can fetch an existing aspx page into our page. I doing exactly the same right now, but I’m inserting a page with some controls that triggers events against the update panel that contains a repeater control, such as paging events, filtering and ordering data. I’ve tested the repeater’s control page and it’s working perfectly, though when I insert into another page and trigger an event I got an error, which is undefined. I still can see the page rendered in the first time, the problem o...

AJAX with AJAX is it possible....(newbie)
Good day all, just wondering how i can have a tabbed web page which i now do but i would also like to have the accordion within the tabs is it possible.   Thanks. Hi, Yes it is possible, just place the accordion control in tab container. Go ahead.   Regards   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please do not forget to mark the answer which helped you. Thanks...

Is AJAX really AJAX anymore?
Was just curious as to what others think of the term AJAX, and it's relevence. I mean yes we can still return XML, but I think most people return JSON now so does the term AJAX really apply anymore or should it be AJAXOJSON (Asyncronous Javascript And XML Or Javascript Object Notation) Thoughts?Evan's BlogCodeundrum: Code that puzzles. Evan Freeman: but I think most people return JSON now I think you may over estimate JSON.... I would say the opposite. Nearly all the "Ajax" work I see is actually Ajax..... I was drawing an architecture diagram on my whitebo...

old ajax-new Ajax
hi i am using atlas in some asp.net pages and january ctp in some pages. now that i want to reuse those pages in my new ctp enabled site i am getting atlas errors. is the january ajax not supporting atlas toolkit. Hi, If I'm not mistaking it uses the ASP.NET Extensions 1.0 version instead of Atlas. It's probably best that you upgrade your atlas site to use ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 unless you have a specific reason not to. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. What error exact u are getting.??? Post the error here...

Ajax features not working on the server where ajax enable site is deployed
Hi, I have a web site devoped using AjaxControlToolkit 3.0 and VS 2008. all work well on my machine, but if I try to host the site on a server having OS windows server 2003 and IIS 6. Ajax feature of the web site do not work, like calender extender of mask edit extender. bin directory of my web site contains Ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and other folder required. Any help or pointers on this is highly appriciated.  regards, pravincheers,  are you getting any errors?  if so, pls post em.BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner- ...

AJAX : Session Lost in Ajax
  Session Variable's Value  Lost  When Use  Update Panel In Page .  Rajeev Kumar TiwariMicrosoft Professional ...

ajax gallery or ajax slideshow
where can i get codes for ajax gallery or ajax slideshow for asp.net 2.0(vb)??? Hi melvinc, "Silverlight powered Slide Show"gallery can be a option.Try using: http://nikhilk.net/Silverlight-Slideshow.aspx    PeeyushDo mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". how can i link ms access to my slideshow using webservices ans asp.net(VB)??? Hi melvinc, The above control does not use any database. It uses an xml file to maintain albums and their associated photos.PeeyushDo mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". Hi, Did you...

ajax .net 2 after ajax call is done how to call JS alert
 helo guys, i'm new herekindly let me know, i've used the folowing but no alertin debug i saw cursor is coming but no alert     Dim strScript As String = "<script language=JavaScript>"        strScript += "alert(""" & StrMessage & """);"        strScript += "</script>"        If (Not Page.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("Alertscript")) Then   &nb...

Ajax
can we use AJAX in VS 2003 ? if yes the how , as i am new to .net. thanks in advance. Havent tried it but you can. You need to import ajaxtoolkit..if you are using in your bin and likewise for extenders. I think if you look at the main page of this site, under Ajax it gives some info onthat.Please Mark Post that helped you as answer, also include a summary of what solved the problem as it helps others in similar situations Hi chouhanrakesh, We can use AJAX in Visual Studio 2003. We can get samples from the links below: http://www.15seconds.com/issue/050526.htm http://weblogs.asp.net/...

Web resources about - What are Ajax and Aspnet Ajax ,both work the same? - asp.net.ajax-discussion

UNESCO ASPNet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
, it includes nearly eight thousand educational institutions in over 170 countries. ASPnet schools conduct their own projects, often linking ...

Roadmap · aspnet/Home Wiki · GitHub
The Home repository is the starting point for people to learn about ASP.NET 5.

Zero to Self Hosting AspNet WebAPI in a few short steps
So #AspNetWebAPI has finally reach beta and I finally have gotten off my a$ and starting playing around with it. Sure I have read the info on ...

Arquitectos .NET - LinkedIn
Temas de arquitectura de software con tecnología Microsoft

Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Dave Methvin @ davemethvin Columbia, ...

Dare Obasanjo aka Carnage4Life
I've had a blog on Kuro5hin for about two years but I decided a while ago that I wanted to host my own blog and hack features in that I wanted. ...

Development - Fundamental Provocation
... a web application you may come accross “Server application unavailable” When you get this error in Windows XP make sure you have given ASPNET ...

Keeping in touch with the Web optimization team
... in the meantime, I want to give you a couple communication channels to use. For reporting issues and new feature requests, use http://aspnet.uservoice.com ...

Project Directory CodePlex
Updating... Code Plex Project Hosting for Open Source Software Register Sign In Advanced Search Exclude releases still in development and with ...